Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Whats the rumor on Cyler Miles and Stringfellow?

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Drive I-5 at 114mph after smoking it all, then pop off

• Options
    They got themselves into a little trouble at the bonfire on Sunday night. Stringfellow was arrested while Miles was just there playing peacekeeper so he won't be charge. The main guy who was in trouble was 7 footer Upshaw who struck an officer so doubt he ever plays at UW.

You heard it here first guys. My source is someone from the SeattlePD.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

They got themselves into a little trouble at the bonfire on Sunday night. Stringfellow was arrested while Miles was just there playing peacekeeper so he won't be charge. The main guy who was in trouble was 7 footer Upshaw who struck an officer so doubt he ever plays at UW.

Striking an officer? That's the kind of toughness this team needs!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    uh what a dumbass
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Upshaw? Guess this is more a Romar problem than Petersen problem.

Take this to the basketball boreds.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Was it a flagrent 1 or a flagrent 2 foul?

Sucks to be Romar if true...was his last desperate hope of digging out of his BB death spiral...that team is going to blow over the next few years.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tailgater said:

Never thought much of Miles (or Lindquist), but Stringfellow is a beast. If Miles is out, wouldn't be surprised if Williams earns the starting gig... fully realizing all the hype around Troy could be unfounded.

I believe under the circumstances of not having a returning QB with a ton of experience, CP will compete the position at least through Spring practices and possibly the start of Fall. Miles seems to have a bit of a hitch or irregularity in his throwing motion and that will likely open the door for Linquist or Williams if it isn't open already. Running or scrambling ability, which both Linquist and Williams reportedly have as does Miles of course, will be important, but not as important as a strong and accurate throwing arm. Probably just as important if even more so will be intelligence and leadership on the field. CP's best protege at BSU, Kellen Moore, was not a scrambler nor did he have a strong arm, but he was very accurate and football smart.

Tailgater, fuck off with this "doogman , Hitch in Miles throwing motion" bullshit. His delivery is big time d-fucking-one. Ektard started this bullshit and all the dawgman chargee ' s jumped on board.

CM would be MASSIVE loss.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Upshaw, the UW basketball savior was absolutely mediocre at San Diego or San Jose or wherever he was last year and yet he was going to come in and dominate the pac-12? Just like Perris Blackwell. At least when Oregon takes transfers they take guys who were good before coming to Oregon
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,361
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Miles has a hitch Washington has a fumbling problem. Gonna be a tuff year
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,517
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Boys will be boys.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2014
    Not a basketball guy, but Upshaw was a top 50 player out of high school that absolutely sucked his one year at Fresno St. A couple of suspensions during that season suggest he was into something other than basketball, but on a team of our midgets a 7 footer with at least half of a game and isn't trying to be some 3 point wizard would be helpful.

And Oregon did try to get him.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I don't see the problem.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm sorry but until LuteOlsen4Prez reports it I don't believe anything on the internet.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I don't see the problem.
    Fucking hilarious, I said a month or so ago Upshaw wouldn't make it till next year without being arrested. Sugar was dead nuts on.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,842
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tailgater said:

Never thought much of Miles (or Lindquist), but Stringfellow is a beast. If Miles is out, wouldn't be surprised if Williams earns the starting gig... fully realizing all the hype around Troy could be unfounded.

I believe under the circumstances of not having a returning QB with a ton of experience, CP will compete the position at least through Spring practices and possibly the start of Fall. Miles seems to have a bit of a hitch or irregularity in his throwing motion and that will likely open the door for Linquist or Williams if it isn't open already. Running or scrambling ability, which both Linquist and Williams reportedly have as does Miles of course, will be important, but not as important as a strong and accurate throwing arm. Probably just as important if even more so will be intelligence and leadership on the field. CP's best protege at BSU, Kellen Moore, was not a scrambler nor did he have a strong arm, but he was very accurate and football smart.

Tailgater, fuck off with this "doogman , Hitch in Miles throwing motion" bullshit. His delivery is big time d-fucking-one. Ektard started this bullshit and all the dawgman chargee ' s jumped on board.

on meds
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited February 2014

Tailgater said:

I agree he'd be a major loss. But if you can't see his motion is ugly as hell I can't help you.

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Meek said:

after seeing what Coach P did with Zabransky and Moore and even that horrible dude they had this year, I'm not very worried. Coach P seems like a guy who tailors his team's offense to the players he has and the objective to win (vis-a-vis Sark and his focus on getting a QB to the next level regardless of how it impacts the college team he's actually coaching).

Right on. And if it's possible to correct Miles' throwing motion, CP and QB coach Jon Smith will get it done quickly. I was very surprised to see that Cyler's passing technique was flawed in any way while under the tutelage of QB development genius Sark. CP's coaching method is to design an offense that takes most advantage of the skills and experience of the athletes he and the staff have available, not to just force feed their players schemes and strategies the kids must learn by game-time or fail in confusion when it counts on the scoreboard. The concept of not giving their players more to learn and execute in games than their talent and experience is capable of will apply to both offense, defense, and all phases. If CP and the new staff employ these methods at UW like they did at BSU and given the much greater skill and athleticism they'll have to work with,........ well, I can't wait to see the results next September.

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Tailgater said:

Who's Ektard? Does he post here? I seriously don't know the dude.

I know you have your cynicism motor running for it's that time of month, but I'm not with those of you consumed by some kind of "doogman" obsession. I'm not smart enough to have 100% avoided every concussion available at Dm.c after so many years and comments posted there, but that waste of time hasn't rendered me blind. Miles has a strong arm, but I've never before seen such a highly touted QB prospect come to college ball with such a weird flaw in his throwing motion. If I actually knew something which I don't, I might think Miles started playing QB in some kind of suburban powder-puff league......... so shove that in your pie-hole, cunt.

• Options
    death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
    There's nothing about this in the Bleacher Report...
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So... we're gonna run the 'hitch' offense?