Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Whats the rumor on Cyler Miles and Stringfellow?

section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
Swaye's Wigwam
Doogs worried about some rumor, no specifics but it's implied they did something FS. Fatters says "it's not good".

Anyone? @sportsboner? @DFILOTC? True?!?!

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    sounds interesting either way.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If anything, it'll be on the down low...
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2014
    Fuck em... Linquist and DD got this. I'm positive Sark wasted Darrell Daniels frosh year and a year he could be preparing to be an NFL wide out. Losing either one of them won't derail a 10 win season and sark myth busting
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Never thought much of Miles (or Lindquist), but Stringfellow is a beast. If Miles is out, wouldn't be surprised if Williams earns the starting gig... fully realizing all the hype around Troy could be unfounded.
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

DUI

Probably got it celebrating Sark departure.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,209
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    It's always something ...
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Fuck em... Linquist and DD got this. I'm positive Sark wasted this kids fresh year and a year he could be preparing to be an NFL wide out. Losing either one of them won't derail a 10 win season and sark busting

Uh yes. String is a potential all pac WR as soph dumbasses. He and Kasen would have been a very formidable combo with Ross and Mickens burning rubber deep. String is a sicko!!!! Fucking murderer inside the boundries. This could hurt if we're talking about a playoff as opposed to an Alamo bowl. I followed Keyshawn Johnson close back in the day. I didn't want him to sign with SC as I thought we could have beat them and go to rose bowl in '95. He signed and we lost. He didn't kill us but just because Otten didn't get him the ball. (Fiala, pic that ball and we're in the rose bowl. )

Back to the point. String is Key. Closest I've seen since. Keep his ass eligible.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,565
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    String would be big loss. Miles, not so much.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Both would be very big losses. Until we know of Williams is any good, Miles is a huge loss. Hopefully, they will only be out a game or two.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I hope they're back by Stanford or whenever the football season starts
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    MakaDawg said:

Never thought much of Miles (or Lindquist), but Stringfellow is a beast. If Miles is out, wouldn't be surprised if Williams earns the starting gig... fully realizing all the hype around Troy could be unfounded.

I believe under the circumstances of not having a returning QB with a ton of experience, CP will compete the position at least through Spring practices and possibly the start of Fall. Miles seems to have a bit of a hitch or irregularity in his throwing motion and that will likely open the door for Linquist or Williams if it isn't open already. Running or scrambling ability, which both Linquist and Williams reportedly have as does Miles of course, will be important, but not as important as a strong and accurate throwing arm. Probably just as important if even more so will be intelligence and leadership on the field. CP's best protege at BSU, Kellen Moore, was not a scrambler nor did he have a strong arm, but he was very accurate and football smart.

• Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Probably banged a drunk/passed out sorority hottie. Normal shit.

Double-chin would have named them team captains...
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

Probably banged a drunk/passed out sorority hottie. Normal shit.

Was she an Oriental?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Drive I-5 at 114mph after smoking it all, then pop off
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    Tailgater said:

MakaDawg said:

I believe under the circumstances of not having a returning QB with a ton of experience, CP will compete the position at least through Spring practices and possibly the start of Fall. Miles seems to have a bit of a hitch or irregularity in his throwing motion and that will likely open the door for Linquist or Williams if it isn't open already. Running or scrambling ability, which both Linquist and Williams reportedly have as does Miles of course, will be important, but not as important as a strong and accurate throwing arm. Probably just as important if even more so will be intelligence and leadership on the field. CP's best protege at BSU, Kellen Moore, was not a scrambler nor did he have a strong arm, but he was very accurate and football smart.

Agreed. And I am aware of Kellen Moore and his attributes. Williams seems to be the best representation of that kind of QB (but again, overzealous "reports" about a QB who has never taken a real snap are pretty close to meaningless). By many accounts, Lindquist hasn't looked good in practice situations except that he can throw the ball far, which, if Kellen Moore is taken as Peterson's "almost" ideal QB, throwing the ball far isn't something that will impress CP. Lindy has also looked like a stoned out of shape frat boy on the sidelines. Williams basically told Sark to fuck himself. At this point, I would be shocked if Lindquist was the starter by next season. Miles or Williams is probably the best bet. But who really gives a fuck... The best guy will start. For the first time, I actually trust a head coach of Washington to make the right call. Fucking dooging it up.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    after seeing what Coach P did with Zabransky and Moore and even that horrible dude they had this year, I'm not very worried. Coach P seems like a guy who tailors his team's offense to the players he has and the objective to win (vis-a-vis Sark and his focus on getting a QB to the next level regardless of how it impacts the college team he's actually coaching).
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tried looking up King County Jail Records and neither of them came up so I don't think it was a DUI (Spencer Ware's came up the very next day) or anything that would have gotten them booked into jail.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Tried looking up King County Jail Records and neither of them came up so I don't think it was a DUI (Spencer Ware's came up the very next day) or anything that would have gotten them booked into jail.

The crack staff here at HardcoreHusky by itself is worth the $10.95.