Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

It’d be a shame if there were like actual data points out there that suggests that JonDon ain’t as bad as many of you think he is

You're right but also the sample set isn't a big one. People will adjust. But you're right he wasn't bad.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

It’d be a shame if there were like actual data points out there that suggests that JonDon ain’t as bad as many of you think he is

You're right but also the sample set isn't a big one. People will adjust. But you're right he wasn't bad.
    Sure ... jury is obviously still out.

But everything about JonDon is reacting to 12 months ago at this point ...

The “best” arguments that I’ve seen really are more of an indictment on the defense than the offense
  • BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    Tui 2024
    Make UW great again
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The “best” arguments that I’ve seen really are more of an indictment on the defense than the offense
    Please explain how the fact his offense managed 3 total points over sixty first half minutes against the two decent teams we? played is an indictment on the defense?
    Don’t ask questions you don’t want answers to
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,225
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Please explain how the fact his offense managed 3 total points over sixty first half minutes against the two decent teams we? played is an indictment on the defense?
    Knute Rockne ran a more explosive offense.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    haie said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Utah: they got lucky, in my opinion. 2nd half backs that up.

Stanford: defense got owned so badly (statistically as bad as it gets) that the offense had 3 possessions and 0 room for error. Yeah we need to just get first downs to flip top, but that also plays into the defense the way the game was going. We had to take shots which eventually we did and it worked.

At some point you can't just sit back. You have to take chances on a sack, to get the ball back to your offense. K deserved full blame for that.
    I still think your offense sucks.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It's a diversion. Stupid one too. Donovan's offense has been shit more than it has been good so far.

I see potential. I saw fast receivers running open. That was a change for the better. I saw average RBs putting up decent numbers in spite of being predictably slammed into the middle of the line for long stretches of game. I dont think I'm dooging to say that there are signs the offense could work.

There have been more signs that it doesn't work with Donovan calling the plays. Not on a whole game basis. I dont understand why that's hard for some to recognize...or maybe just to accept. He just needs to call a better game from the first possession on.
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It's a diversion. Stupid one too. Donovan's offense has been shit more than it has been good so far.

I see potential. I saw fast receivers running open. That was a change for the better. I saw average RBs putting up decent numbers in spite of being predictably slammed into the middle of the line for long stretches of game. I dont think I'm dooging to say that there are signs the offense could work.

There have been more signs that it doesn't work with Donovan calling the plays. Not on a whole game basis. I dont understand why that's hard for some to recognize...or maybe just to accept. He just needs to call a better game from the first possession on.
    A legit oc constantly has wide open receivers.

When Mike norvell was our oc our mediocre tight end had like 800 yards because our receivers were garbage but he schemed open the only guy who could run a route.

That's a bullshit excuse.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

When Mike norvell was our oc our mediocre tight end had like 800 yards because our receivers were garbage but he schemed open the only guy who could run a route.

We haven't had a legit OC in many years. That's the point. Saying he has receivers running open was faint praise, not an excuse.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

We haven't had a legit OC in many years. That's the point. Saying he has receivers running open was faint praise, not an excuse.
    Its just crazy. Every time we square off against a legit oc their dudes are open.
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021
    chuck said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Still to this day don't understand the Hamden hire. Pete got who he wanted -- pulled him back from the Falcons. Could have hired almost anyone. Wanted Bush, and he just sucked. Currently coaching wide receivers at Mizzou.

I wonder what would have been different had Pete gone out and used his rep & our ability to pay to hire a top flight OC. Would Pete still have retired?
  • spudenspuden Member Posts: 362

At some point you can't just sit back. You have to take chances on a sack, to get the ball back to your offense. K deserved full blame for that.

Agree wholeheartedly with this premise, but lay the blame at Jimmy’s fee, not K’s. That was Lake’s defense out there. Same thing we’ve seen for the past three years against Stanford. K was just running what Jimmy wanted and probably a significant contributory reason for K’s willingness to accept Texas $$$$. It’s the same with blaming Babushka and Hamdan for running Pete’s pain inducing overly complicated offense. That was Pete’s offense that was great against shitty teams and then completely ineffective against good defenses with equal or better athletes.

It’s always the top guys fault. While I saw glimpses of potential from Jon Don’s offense, as long as Lake continues to hamstring his coordinators, the results will be disappointing.

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Classic Tequilla.

I’m right, nobody could disagree with me, and no I won’t take the time to tell you why.