Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

43-8 speaks loud and clear.

The 43-8 final score suggests that talking can't score TD's, FG's, of safeties. Two weeks of talking head analysis on how Peyton Manning the all-American hero would deal with Seahawk thugs and their camp following 12's to walk away from his game into the sunset a winner....... was stifled immediately on the Bronco's very first snap of the ball. The indomitable Seattle defense took control on that very first play from scrimmage and did what they always do,..... talk smack and take no prisoners.

Yesterday's championship game was I suppose like most Super Bowls, a boring blowout dominated by the only team that showed up prepared to play. But I must say that at least at Tailgater's cave, we roared the arrival of all 43 points. It's still hard to believe and yet so cool and predictable.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What a cool day for the Tailgaters, man.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Disagree. I Hook'd it up with the best of them.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Damone gonna Damone ...

But that's why I love him...

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,595
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I figured a toilet guy would appreciate a good plungering.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Damone gonna Damone ...

But that's why I love him...

You just don't know Damone..
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    the whole seahawks thing.... and this is serious.... I am seeing it happen in droves. Even to family members

DUCKIZATION
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

the whole seahawks thing.... and this is serious.... I am seeing it happen in droves. Even to family members

DUCKIZATION

He's right you know.

The Ducks are just unbearable every time they win it all.
  • Options
    if a seahawk fan looks like a duck, talks like a duck, .... then what follows....
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

DUCKIZATION

He's right you know.

But when did the ducks win it all? Close counts for something, especially for duckfuckerizartion.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,479

if a seahawk fan looks like a duck, talks like a duck, .... then what follows....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7sLYNwevDQ
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Tailgater said:

dnc said:

DUCKIZATION

He's right you know.

But when did the ducks win it all? Close counts for something, especially for duckfuckerizartion.

straw man..... talking about fans acting like Ducks, not if or if not they won a natty... don't straw man the Apostle..

The straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern of argument:
    Person 1 has position X.
    Person 2 disregards certain key points of X and instead presents the superficially similar position Y. The position Y is a distorted version of X and can be set up in several ways, including:
    Presenting a misrepresentation of the opponent's position.
    Quoting an opponent's words out of context—i.e., choosing quotations that misrepresent the opponent's actual intentions (see fallacy of quoting out of context).[4]
    Presenting someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, then denying that person's arguments—thus giving the appearance that every upholder of that position (and thus the position itself) has been defeated.[3]
    Inventing a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs which are then criticized, implying that the person represents a group of whom the speaker is critical.
    Oversimplifying an opponent's argument, then attacking this oversimplified version.
    Person 2 attacks position Y, concluding that X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This reasoning is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position does not address the actual position. The ostensible argument that Person 2 makes has the form:
    "Don't support X, because X has an unacceptable (or absurd or contradictory or terrible) consequence."

However, the actual form of the argument is:
    "Don't support X, because Y has an unacceptable (or absurd or contradictory or terrible) consequence."

This argument doesn't make sense; it is a non sequitur. Person 2 relies on the audience not noticing this.
  • Options
    xxxxxxcirclejerkxxxxxxcirclejerk Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2014
    It was obvious that the dew was playing havoc with Peyton's gloves. Also, being at such low elevation, Peyton couldn't adjust to the greater density of New York's atmosphere.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,584
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gotta love duck fans/Portlanders who hate Seattle every waking minute of the year except when they get to jump on an NFL bandwagon after theirs breaks down. The Seahawks embrace the entire NW only becuz they're a business. Just another reason to be a dawg.
  • Options

Tailgater said:

dnc said:

DUCKIZATION

He's right you know.

This argument doesn't make sense; it is a non sequitur. Person 2 relies on the audience not noticing this.
    Anyone needing an audience for a nonsensical argument is strawless.

• Options

I don't know why anyone is celebrating the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl. If you are not Paul Allen or his immediate family, why would you celebrate?

Difficult for those of us not envious of nor intimidated by the $billionaire's nerdiness....... to avoid celebrating. Football fanaticism is kind of that way, but to each his own game.

• Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited February 2014
    Be no means are most Seahawk fans like yuck fans. Here's a note from a Hawk fan here in Savannah that I watched the game with:

I watched the game at a party with about 50 people, all but three were Denver fans. Said nothing when everyone told us the Hawks had no chance. When we got up 15 - 0 I said, "They're in deep trouble." That's all. At 22 - 0 I gave a silent cut throat gesture to the crowd for Sherman. Followed by a one liner, "It's over." Never said another word after that in honor of Lynch.

If you don't know plenty of Hawk fans like this, consider who you hang out with. One in 100,000 bird fans could keep their gloating mouths shut like this.
  • Options

Be no means are most Seahawk fans like yuck fans. Here's a note from a Hawk fan here in Savannah that I watched the game with:

I watched the game at a party with about 50 people, all but three were Denver fans. Said nothing when everyone told us the Hawks had no chance. When we got up 15 - 0 I said, "They're in deep trouble." That's all. At 22 - 0 I gave a silent cut throat gesture to the crowd for Sherman. Followed by a one liner, "It's over." Never said another word after that in honor of Lynch.

If you don't know plenty of Hawk fans like this, consider who you hang out with. One in 100,000 bird fans could keep their gloating mouths shut like this.

You're just another arrogant bird flying high above the trailer trash migratories. Come's with the insufferable Emerald turf tread by Dawgs and Hawks alike.