Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for the Marrieds

2»

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Real name only, no nicknames. Except when I called her "Woman" when my dinner is late.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've lived with my Mrs Chuck for about six years now so close enough.

It's pretty dorky but she usually says babe. She says my real name when she's really thinking hard, angry, or about to confront me about something.

One thing she doesn't call me is Chuck. She hates it for whatever reason.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Real name only, no nicknames. Except when I called her "Woman" when my dinner is late.

Ha! I had an ex-boyfriend that would call me “woman” when we’d bicker (“listen hear, woman!”) which I actually found rather endearing.

But if any of you ass clowns dare address me that way I’ll rip your nuts off and use them as hacky sacks.
    My wife husband calls me baby, woman.

It's lame but it's what we? do.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ha! I had an ex-boyfriend that would call me “woman” when we’d bicker (“listen hear, woman!”) which I actually found rather endearing.

But if any of you ass clowns dare address me that way I’ll rip your nuts off and use them as hacky sacks.
    Yeah good luck playing hacky sack with my dry, shriveled, old man nuts wom..... ah nevermind. They're still mine.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

My wife husband calls me baby, woman.

It's lame but it's what we? do.
    Warned.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

I have been married enough times I don't call her by her name only because I get confused and use the wrong name. Things I have learned:

do not call her by an ex-wife's name if you value your life
    do not forget her birthday (that cost me dearly)
    or forget to have kids get something for Mother's Day (did that too)
    or anniversary (so got married on April 15th - a day that I will never forget)

So yes I use other names to call my wife, but definitely not 'babe'

Heh. That’s a good list.

I always suspected many people use pet names as they are terrified with accidentally calling their current SO by their ex’s name (or whoever they’re fantasizing about).
    Let me ask you this, have you ever called anyone Swaye?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

My wife calls me by my name. Sometimes she will inverse two letters in my name call me that. I am 50/50. I have about 20 weird names that I called her as jokes before we were married that have been shortened down over the years for use around our kids. We use first names exclusively in public. No one needs to know the stupid endearments we call each other at home. Babe is never used. We both find it cringe worthy.

Yes! One guy I date called me “babe” and it annoyed the fuck out of me. Especially because I knew that’s what he called his ex.
    So, in your private moments, what do you call his ex?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

LebamDawg said:

I have been married enough times I don't call her by her name only because I get confused and use the wrong name. Things I have learned:

do not call her by an ex-wife's name if you value your life
    do not forget her birthday (that cost me dearly)
    or forget to have kids get something for Mother's Day (did that too)
    or anniversary (so got married on April 15th - a day that I will never forget)

So yes I use other names to call my wife, but definitely not 'babe'

Heh. That’s a good list.

I always suspected many people use pet names as they are terrified with accidentally calling their current SO by their ex’s name (or whoever they’re fantasizing about).
    Let me ask you this, have you ever called anyone Swaye?
    Just one of the police officers that responded to my call the other night. He knew I was just flustered because you were violating the restraining order again.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

My wife calls me by my name. Sometimes she will inverse two letters in my name call me that. I am 50/50. I have about 20 weird names that I called her as jokes before we were married that have been shortened down over the years for use around our kids. We use first names exclusively in public. No one needs to know the stupid endearments we call each other at home. Babe is never used. We both find it cringe worthy.

Yes! One guy I date called me “babe” and it annoyed the fuck out of me. Especially because I knew that’s what he called his ex.
    So, in your private moments, what do you call his ex?
    I make it a personal policy to never bad mouth my man’s exes...aloud.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My wife knows to call me by my last name (what everyone during high school and college time would call me) in a big crowd and it's hard to hear.