Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What if HCH and GIfs existed in 1997?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That was so dirty.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I Googled myself the 1997 schedule and results. Lambo went 7-1 (including beating ASU _and_ Arizona) before a 3-game slide to Oregon, UCLA, and Wazzu. Went on to beat a young Nick Saban in the @AlohaDoog Bowl. The Huskies shut out USC in their 5-game win streak and I remember it being a very underwhelming shutout. I do have a vivid memory of the loss to Oregon though. The ending of that game was total ass. Lambo fucked it away.

It's too bad @puppylove_sugarsteel is not here to serenade us with his love for Lambo.

The Oregon game was awful. Tui did a great job to try to win it for us.

https://youtu.be/2ybaolUfyzA

Oh, and lest we forget, a young Chris Petersen was coaching for the Quooks. You can see him on the sidelines in this video.
    Tui and Ja’Warren Hooker were ballin in the 2nd half. No Shehee hurt. Mo Shaw was a plodder that sucked.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This game sums up lambo’s career. It cannot be said enough. FTg.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I love Lambo. Great defensive mind with toughness, not HC
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    We? would have multiple gifs of Jerimiah Pharms pissin his draws to intimidate the opposing lineman before gaymes.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

So Brock got hurt against Nebraska and The other kid had transferred so Lambo had to blow Tui's red shirt costing us having him in 2001 among other things

I recall Tui being forced to run the Brock offense until Oregon had a nice lead then Lambo let Tui cook and UW got the lead that they blew as they so often did under Lambo

Brock threw 5 picks as WSU tore down the goalposts after the Apple Cup and their Rose Bowl bid

I mean fuck Lambo. Fuck him all to hell

Fortney.

In tepid defense of Lambo I'm not sure how realistic it is that Fortney would have stayed to backup Brock for three years. Bigger criticism is he didn't recruit anyone who could back him up in 95 or 96.

Tui in 2001 is one of the ultimate doog hypotheticals.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

So Brock got hurt against Nebraska and The other kid had transferred so Lambo had to blow Tui's red shirt costing us having him in 2001 among other things

I recall Tui being forced to run the Brock offense until Oregon had a nice lead then Lambo let Tui cook and UW got the lead that they blew as they so often did under Lambo

Brock threw 5 picks as WSU tore down the goalposts after the Apple Cup and their Rose Bowl bid

I mean fuck Lambo. Fuck him all to hell

Fortney.

In tepid defense of Lambo I'm not sure how realistic it is that Fortney would have stayed to backup Brock for three years. Bigger criticism is he didn't recruit anyone who could back him up in 95 or 96.

Tui in 2001 is one of the ultimate doog hypotheticals.
    I don't think he beats Miami in November