Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best Donuts

13»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Maple Pershing’s > Maple Bars
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

Lafeen’s in Bellingham and Burlington as of a few years ago. Still my favorite. Best pink frosting + sprinkle, Bigfoot (giant maple bar).

Factory Donuts is solid on Aurora. Top Pot is ok.

If I leave my house on foot, I'm at Lafeen's in about three minutes. I buy beer all the time at DaVinci's next door. My kids are 8 and 10, and their new taste of freedom and maturity is their bicycle gang all getting together and heading down to Lafeen's and DaVinci's and blowing all their Christmas money on donuts and candy and soda.

Krispy Kremes aren't even donuts. They're just balls of sugar that have been blown up with compressed air and dunked into grease. More like cotton candy than cake. Too sweet, totally disgusting.

Spot on with Haggen being the only decent grocery store donut. I actually like them better than Lafeen's.

My family went through two generations of owning and managing donut shops in SoCal. My grandpa used to buy shops that were mismanaged and rundown, build them up to profitable, flip them for far more than he paid, then move on to the next shop. When my dad was a teenager, and for a brief period after high school, he used to run my grandpa's shop. He claims he was swimming in money for a guy that age at the time. This was all before I was born, but my grandpa kept running shops until my mid-teen years, when he finally retired. I didn't get down to see him much, but on one vacation (we were poors so always drove) we happened to pull into town at like 3:00 in the morning, so he was at the shop doing his baking. I fucking love donuts, so I spent the whole bake with him, fascinated with how each different one was made*. I was about 12 years old at the time, and I remember passing out afterward in the store room on a pile of bags of flower. We left the shop after I got up and carried on south, a giant box of day-olds for the road. They didn't last long.

*The one that blew my mind was the apple fritter, possibly my favorite donut. They're just scraps. At the end of the bake, they just take all the scraps from all the other donuts, put it in a pile, chop in some apple chunks, and throw it in the fryer.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

biak1 said:

Lafeen’s in Bellingham and Burlington as of a few years ago. Still my favorite. Best pink frosting + sprinkle, Bigfoot (giant maple bar).

If I leave my house on foot, I'm at Lafeen's in about three minutes. I buy beer all the time at DaVinci's next door. My kids are 8 and 10, and their new taste of freedom and maturity is their bicycle gang all getting together and heading down to Lafeen's and DaVinci's and blowing all their Christmas money on donuts and candy and soda.

Krispy Kremes aren't even donuts. They're just balls of sugar that have been blown up with compressed air and dunked into grease. More like cotton candy than cake. Too sweet, totally disgusting.

Spot on with Haggen being the only decent grocery store donut. I actually like them better than Lafeen's.

My family went through two generations of owning and managing donut shops in SoCal. My grandpa used to buy shops that were mismanaged and rundown, build them up to profitable, flip them for far more than he paid, then move on to the next shop. When my dad was a teenager, and for a brief period after high school, he used to run my grandpa's shop. He claims he was swimming in money for a guy that age at the time. This was all before I was born, but my grandpa kept running shops until my mid-teen years, when he finally retired. I didn't get down to see him much, but on one vacation (we were poors so always drove) we happened to pull into town at like 3:00 in the morning, so he was at the shop doing his baking. I fucking love donuts, so I spent the whole bake with him, fascinated with how each different one was made*. I was about 12 years old at the time, and I remember passing out afterward in the store room on a pile of bags of flower. We left the shop after I got up and carried on south, a giant box of day-olds for the road. They didn't last long.

*The one that blew my mind was the apple fritter, possibly my favorite donut. They're just scraps. At the end of the bake, they just take all the scraps from all the other donuts, put it in a pile, chop in some apple chunks, and throw it in the fryer.
    csb
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    http://www.heraldnet.com/life/you-voted-the-best-bakery-in-snohomish-county/
    BEST BAKERY

Winner: Choux Choux Bakery, 2900 Grand Ave., Suite 113, Everett.

Second place: Henry’s Donut, 2515 Broadway, Everett.

Runner up: Despi Delite Bakery, 3713 Broadway, Everett.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2021

biak1 said:

csb!

Sounds like the fritter is the American of donuts.

The mutt. The scraps, all put together to make something fantastic. Now do what I do, and say what I say...............and make me proud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXjqTyQuq4w

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I love that little machine at Pike Place that makes brown bags of lil donuts.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    What I’m hearing is the meth lovers of North Everett love their donuts