Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best Donuts

huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,084
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
I'm a fan of:

Legendary Donuts - Souf Sound titans. What they do with inserting cream makes my blood flow

Original House Donuts - Lakewood staple, always moist. Butter cream donuts are filling

Frost Donuts - Maltby adjacent, okay so miles away adjacent Mill Creek

Top Pot - Big Maple bars

That little mom and pop place in Northgate (Family Donut Shop) that has changed locations multiple times. Best cruller's IMO.

@GrundleStiltzkin is here for the hawt donut talk.

I gained 5 pounds just looking up the pictures.

Also shout out to the Big Pink Donuts in LA at Universal.

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

My donuts are the best. Truly amazing. Everyone says so.

When I have to slum it with other people's donuts, Henry's in Everett on Broadway. There's a bunch of "Henry's Donuts" around, I don't know what the relationship is between them, franchise or what. But none compare to the Everett one.

When I travelled more, on a late drive back from Seatac to Maltby, I'd stop at a place in the U District just off freeway. Not great donuts but 24 hrs. Saddest Korean dude in the world always working it.

Back in the day, there was a place in Lynden, the Dutch Bakery or something similar, that made eclairs that cannot be beat. Never seen anything close anywhere.

Most grocery store bakeries are complete crap for donuts, except Haggen.

Are you thinking of the old Winchells near Dicks or the one in the strip mall by the 24 hour Subway, next to the 76 station on Roosevelt? I never stopped in there.

Had a fren who worked at the Subway. I'll have to remember that.

Super shout out to the Maltby Cafe Cinnamon Rolls. I've heard good things about the Sultan Cafe.

I'm a big fan of Larsen's bakery in Ballard / Crown Hill / Sunset whatever you wanna call it.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

My donuts are the best. Truly amazing. Everyone says so.

When I have to slum it with other people's donuts, Henry's in Everett on Broadway. There's a bunch of "Henry's Donuts" around, I don't know what the relationship is between them, franchise or what. But none compare to the Everett one.

When I travelled more, on a late drive back from Seatac to Maltby, I'd stop at a place in the U District just off freeway. Not great donuts but 24 hrs. Saddest Korean dude in the world always working it.

Back in the day, there was a place in Lynden, the Dutch Bakery or something similar, that made eclairs that cannot be beat. Never seen anything close anywhere.

Most grocery store bakeries are complete crap for donuts, except Haggen.

Are you thinking of the old Winchells near Dicks or the one in the strip mall by the 24 hour Subway, next to the 76 station on Roosevelt? I never stopped in there.

Had a fren who worked at the Subway. I'll have to remember that.

Super shout out to the Maltby Cafe Cinnamon Rolls. I've heard good things about the Sultan Cafe.

I'm a big fan of Larsen's bakery in Ballard / Crown Hill / Sunset whatever you wanna call it.
    That one. Not exceptional donuts, but one cannot be overly picky at odd hours. Also, the people milling around are straight outta Star Wars Cantina.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We have a cider mill down the road that makes phenomenal apple fritters. Lattin's Cider Mill - try a fritter, you'll be back.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Yep, they're still around. If you're ever up that way, stop. It's literally the only good thing about that terrible town.
    https://lyndendutchbakery.com

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Anybody had a Cronut? Mmmm....good eats indeed.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    alumni94 said:

Anybody had a Cronut? Mmmm....good eats indeed.

It sounds like hitting yourself in the balls whilst pulling out a rusty nail. Looks amazing though.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I can confirm that @GrundleStiltzkin can flat out make an impressive mess of fat pills. Delightful.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    A fresh plain Krispy Kreme donut wins every time.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

A fresh plain Krispy Kreme donut wins every time.

Solid donut.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,578
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The donut holes at the donut stand at Pike Place Market are legendary... if u are at the market, a bag of those babies are a highlight for your day
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was never a doughnut fan really, and now I'm diabetic, so they're not as big for me as some. If I eat them I either need to work it off quickly or take a little extra insulin, which adds all that sugar right into the fat deposit on my waist.

I can never pass on a glazed crispy creme though, especially if they're fresh and still warm.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    I don't always eat doughnuts. But when I do, it's because someone brought them to the gas station to try and get me to use them on a 93 Octane assignment.

When I actively seek one out, I'm pumping gas in New York and grabbing one from the Doughnut Plant.

https://www.doughnutplant.com/

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I can never pass on a glazed crispy creme though, especially if they're fresh and still warm.

Pro-tip, stick em in the microwave for like 5 seconds.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,991
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Lafeen’s in Bellingham and Burlington as of a few years ago. Still my favorite. Best pink frosting + sprinkle, Bigfoot (giant maple bar).

Factory Donuts is solid on Aurora. Top Pot is ok.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    biak1 said:

Lafeen’s in Bellingham and Burlington as of a few years ago. Still my favorite. Best pink frosting + sprinkle, Bigfoot (giant maple bar).

Factory Donuts is solid on Aurora. Top Pot is ok.

Lafeens is good. I don't have the cult-like devotion to it that some do.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Pro-tip, stick em in the microwave for like 5 seconds.
    That's a tip, but no pro tip. Even 5 seconds is going to cost some of that precious crispness. I'm disappointed in you.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    For me, all donut roads begin and end with the Spudnut Shop in Richland. Similar to Krispy Kreme, but better...includes the Saturday morning post-mortem from the high school games the night before, courtesy of a bunch of old cranky coaches, athletes, has-beens and never-was-es...family-owned for 72 years, old school coffee shop.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Where I go to settle disagreements with @GrundleStiltzkin.

Used to be a Dunkins I believe. Used to stop in there time to time.