Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Podcast of Champions calls out Jimmy Lake

“They lost Kwiatkowski, and it seems like a lot people are leaving from there. Recruits and transfers. Just a note.”

Comments

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

Black Lambo is going to ride a Huard to an 8-4 record

It’s the script

Lambo tried but couldn't. Jimmy can but doesn't.
    Lambo was dumber than everyone else.

Jimmy thinks he is smarter than everyone else.

The end result is the same. Being handed a program in good shape to accomplish great results and driving it into the ground.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I never thought someone could suck the air out of Husky football so quickly.
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Dammit we are full
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I just got done listening. Love the breakdown of the Larry Scott stuff.

While they do call out Lake on hemorrhaging recruits and losing PK, the hosts still seem to be in LIPO mode. In fact, they said we? still have the potential to be the “Clemson” (s/o @DerekJohnson) of the new PAC-12 if Oregon or USC struggle and Lake gets his shit together.

Not that I’m holding my breath. 😬

That's a lot of ifs.

There's no indication that Lake will get his shit together. He'll just continue blundering.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    He might not even want a good coach to coach with. He may not want to be challenged or have someone look good besides him. Or maybe people don't really like him that much.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He might not even want a good coach to coach with. He may not want to be challenged or have someone look good besides him. Or maybe people don't really like him that much.

Maybe abundance...
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dannarc said:

This place overreacts on everything. There have been countless mis diagnosis on players and recruiting and coaching. All we can do is LIPO because we do have talent to win 10+ games with this roster, if we lose to the usual stanford/cal and can't win a decent bowl then i am in the burn it down group, but until then we have to trust. If our entire fan base acted like this, we wouldn't get any good recruits because everything sucks....

Pea Patch will be special in 2035, i just reserved E1789 raised planter with a dill hedge

What’s a dill hedge?

(Or should I bump the gardening thread?)
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,465
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2021
    They haven't said anything that isn't obvious.

There are 4 pac 12 programs that are able to win a national championship without some unlikely combination of elite coaching and generational players coming out of nowhere:

USC
    Oregon
    Washington
    UCLA

I'm not going to get into Cal, Stanford, maybe ASU.

Of those 4 Washington and UCLA don't give a fuck, SC is incompetent on a different level from the rest of college football, and Oregon is a national brand that drops games to land grant institutions.

So my takeaway from them is that they're waiting for Oregon to ascend again since Helton should have been fired after 2016/17 and hasn't, and there's no guarantee SC makes even a decent hire to replace him.

It was obvious before their last episode that they don't think much of Lake.

#BackdoorThePac
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

They haven't said anything that isn't obvious.

There are 4 pac 12 programs that are able to win a national championship without some unlikely combination of elite coaching and generational players coming out of nowhere:

USC
    Oregon
    Washington
    UCLA

I'm not going to get into Cal, Stanford, maybe ASU.

Of those 4 Washington and UCLA don't give a fuck, SC is incompetent on a different level from the rest of college football, and Oregon is a national brand that drops games to land grant institutions.

So my takeaway from them is that they're waiting for Oregon to ascend again since Helton should have been fired after 2016/17 and hasn't, and there's no guarantee SC makes even a decent hire to replace him.

It was obvious before their last episode that they don't think much of Lake.

#BackdoorThePac

Yup. Though *if* (and this is a big if) USC gets their shit together they will quickly eclipse Oregon according to the POC boys.

But we?ve been waiting for that along with the return of @creepycoug’s Miami, Michigan, Texas, etc. At what point do you finally say, “they ain’t coming back”?