Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

“Army Ranger”’poasts here??

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Take this shit to the Tug!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    All posts about army ranger school need to go to the Tug now
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,762
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The ad says he volunteered doesn't say he was accepted and made it. Careful word choice.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Is that like one of us volunteering to be defensive coordinator?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,845

I've driven a Ranger. Does that count?

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2021
    I think Creepy leftist moron Tom Arnold has a reading comprehension problem. 😂😂😂

I don’t know what Tom Cotton said but to tender this bullshit picture as evidence is laughable........nowhere in this picture does Tom Cotton say he was an Army Ranger. 😂😂😂
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Should have claimed he fought in "Nam" then the Rats would have been cool with it.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Should have claimed he fought in "Nam" then the Rats would have been cool with it.

• Options
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tom Cotton of Arkansas has accrued a resume tailor-made for a Republican politician: He leapt from a small-town Arkansas cattle farm to Harvard University and then Harvard Law School; he left a leading New York firm to join the military after George W. Bush's re-election; he was discharged after nearly eight years and two war-zone deployments as an Army captain and decorated hero — including two commendation medals, a Bronze Star and a Ranger tab.

In his first run for Congress, Cotton leaned heavily on his military service, claiming to have been "a U.S. Army Ranger in Iraq and Afghanistan," and, in a campaign ad, to have "volunteered to be an Army Ranger." In reality, Cotton was never part of the 75th Ranger Regiment, the elite unit that plans and conducts joint special military operations as part of the U.S. Army Special Operations Command.

Rather, Cotton attended the Ranger School, a two-month-long, small-unit tactical infantry course that literally anyone in the military is eligible attend. Soldiers who complete the course earn the right to wear the Ranger tab — a small arch that reads "Ranger" — but in the eyes of the military, that does not make them an actual Army Ranger.

So I read the article. Decorated combat vet. Better than me that's for sure.

I think stolen valor is a real charcter defect. I think Cotton should clean some things up and not benefit from any confusion

But as always when the left launches a smear, wait for the rest

That's a fair take. But let's be honest - if that were Biden's kid, he'd be pig roasted for it here.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Tom Cotton of Arkansas has accrued a resume tailor-made for a Republican politician: He leapt from a small-town Arkansas cattle farm to Harvard University and then Harvard Law School; he left a leading New York firm to join the military after George W. Bush's re-election; he was discharged after nearly eight years and two war-zone deployments as an Army captain and decorated hero — including two commendation medals, a Bronze Star and a Ranger tab.

In his first run for Congress, Cotton leaned heavily on his military service, claiming to have been "a U.S. Army Ranger in Iraq and Afghanistan," and, in a campaign ad, to have "volunteered to be an Army Ranger." In reality, Cotton was never part of the 75th Ranger Regiment, the elite unit that plans and conducts joint special military operations as part of the U.S. Army Special Operations Command.

Rather, Cotton attended the Ranger School, a two-month-long, small-unit tactical infantry course that literally anyone in the military is eligible attend. Soldiers who complete the course earn the right to wear the Ranger tab — a small arch that reads "Ranger" — but in the eyes of the military, that does not make them an actual Army Ranger.

I think stolen valor is a real charcter defect. I think Cotton should clean some things up and not benefit from any confusion

That's a fair take. But let's be honest - if that were Biden's kid, he'd be pig roasted for it here.
    Hunter’s time in the Navy Reserve did not go as planned and is best forgotten.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2021
    DJDuck said:

I think Creepy leftist moron Tom Arnold has a reading comprehension problem. 😂😂😂

I don’t know what Tom Cotton said but to tender this bullshit picture as evidence is laughable........nowhere in this picture does Tom Cotton say he was an Army Ranger. 😂😂😂

The picture seems inauthentic. Cotton is a smart dude, and "Afganistan" is misspelled. If it is authentic, it needs cleaning up as another post suggests. Reading doesn't just involve sounding out words, unless you're a fucking retard. It means reading for comprehension and understanding, including understanding of the writer's intent. So if you read under the words "Battle Tested Leader", the words "volunteered to be an Army Ranger" and "Fought in Iraq and Afghanistan" and you take away anything other than he fought in Afghanistan and Iraq as an Army Ranger, you yourself are a retard.

You should have limited your post to "I don't know."
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2021
    Guy volunteers after 9/11, serves two combat tours, earns a Bronze Star, completes Ranger school, and some vague wording over it from some random flyer is an issue?

Richard Blumenthal ring a bell?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam

We don't do hypotheticals
  • Options
    edited January 2021

DJDuck said:

The picture seems inauthentic. Cotton is a smart dude, and "Afganistan" is misspelled. If it is authentic, it needs cleaning up as another post suggests. Reading doesn't just involve sounding out words, unless you're a fucking retard. It means reading for comprehension and understanding, including understanding of the writer's intent. So if you read under the words "Battle Tested Leader", the words "volunteered to be an Army Ranger" and "Fought in Iraq and Afghanistan" and you take away anything other than he fought in Afghanistan and Iraq as an Army Ranger, you yourself are a retard.

You should have limited your post to "I don't know."
    Maybe you should learn a little reading comprehension education moron. I said “I DON’T KNOW ABOUT........WHAT HE SAID” Einstein. Talk about trying to give people the wrong impression about what a person means.........

The point remains nowhere did he say he was an Army Ranger. To say that he did is a .........FUCKING LIE.

Tom Arnold lied. Fuck him. He is a left wing nutjob.