Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

“Army Ranger”’poasts here??

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tom Cotton of Arkansas has accrued a resume tailor-made for a Republican politician: He leapt from a small-town Arkansas cattle farm to Harvard University and then Harvard Law School; he left a leading New York firm to join the military after George W. Bush's re-election; he was discharged after nearly eight years and two war-zone deployments as an Army captain and decorated hero — including two commendation medals, a Bronze Star and a Ranger tab.

In his first run for Congress, Cotton leaned heavily on his military service, claiming to have been "a U.S. Army Ranger in Iraq and Afghanistan," and, in a campaign ad, to have "volunteered to be an Army Ranger." In reality, Cotton was never part of the 75th Ranger Regiment, the elite unit that plans and conducts joint special military operations as part of the U.S. Army Special Operations Command.

Rather, Cotton attended the Ranger School, a two-month-long, small-unit tactical infantry course that literally anyone in the military is eligible attend. Soldiers who complete the course earn the right to wear the Ranger tab — a small arch that reads "Ranger" — but in the eyes of the military, that does not make them an actual Army Ranger.

So I read the article. Decorated combat vet. Better than me that's for sure.

I think stolen valor is a real charcter defect. I think Cotton should clean some things up and not benefit from any confusion

But as always when the left launches a smear, wait for the rest

That's a fair take. But let's be honest - if that were Biden's kid, he'd be pig roasted for it here.
    We don't do hypotheticals
    That used to be our? motto. Now, it seems that's all we do.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

I think Creepy leftist moron Tom Arnold has a reading comprehension problem. 😂😂😂

I don’t know what Tom Cotton said but to tender this bullshit picture as evidence is laughable........nowhere in this picture does Tom Cotton say he was an Army Ranger. 😂😂😂

The picture seems inauthentic. Cotton is a smart dude, and "Afganistan" is misspelled. If it is authentic, it needs cleaning up as another post suggests. Reading doesn't just involve sounding out words, unless you're a fucking retard. It means reading for comprehension and understanding, including understanding of the writer's intent. So if you read under the words "Battle Tested Leader", the words "volunteered to be an Army Ranger" and "Fought in Iraq and Afghanistan" and you take away anything other than he fought in Afghanistan and Iraq as an Army Ranger, you yourself are a retard.

You should have limited your post to "I don't know."
    Maybe you should learn a little reading comprehension education moron. I said “I DON’T KNOW ABOUT........WHAT HE SAID” Einstein. Talk about trying to give people the wrong impression about what a person means.........

The point remains nowhere did he say he was an Army Ranger. To say that he did is a .........FUCKING LIE.

Tom Arnold lied. Fuck him. He is a left wing nutjob.

You unambiguously focused on the picture as "laughable". The qualifier that you don't know what he said is entirely irrelevant.

Assuming the picture authentic, and I doubt it is, the writer wanted you to think Cotton served as a Ranger overseas. If you don't know that, then you actually are dumb and choke on political cock as a side hustle.

I generally don't have a problem with Cotton. But puffing up your military service is a no-no, no matter who does it and when. I never defend it. And in Cotton's case, it's gratuitous and unnecessary. He served. That should be enough. And there's other evidence, submitted by another poster in this thread, that he's pushed this Ranger narrative a little beyond acceptable bounds.

Also, what's with the ellipses? Do you know how those are supposed to be used? We speak English here.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tom Cotton of Arkansas has accrued a resume tailor-made for a Republican politician: He leapt from a small-town Arkansas cattle farm to Harvard University and then Harvard Law School; he left a leading New York firm to join the military after George W. Bush's re-election; he was discharged after nearly eight years and two war-zone deployments as an Army captain and decorated hero — including two commendation medals, a Bronze Star and a Ranger tab.

In his first run for Congress, Cotton leaned heavily on his military service, claiming to have been "a U.S. Army Ranger in Iraq and Afghanistan," and, in a campaign ad, to have "volunteered to be an Army Ranger." In reality, Cotton was never part of the 75th Ranger Regiment, the elite unit that plans and conducts joint special military operations as part of the U.S. Army Special Operations Command.

Rather, Cotton attended the Ranger School, a two-month-long, small-unit tactical infantry course that literally anyone in the military is eligible attend. Soldiers who complete the course earn the right to wear the Ranger tab — a small arch that reads "Ranger" — but in the eyes of the military, that does not make them an actual Army Ranger.

So I read the article. Decorated combat vet. Better than me that's for sure.

I think stolen valor is a real charcter defect. I think Cotton should clean some things up and not benefit from any confusion

But as always when the left launches a smear, wait for the rest

That's a fair take. But let's be honest - if that were Biden's kid, he'd be pig roasted for it here.
    We don't do hypotheticals
    That used to be our? motto. Now, it seems that's all we do.
    No I was talking about Cotton. Not sure what that has to do with Hunter
  • Options

Guy volunteers after 9/11, serves two combat tours, earns a Bronze Star, completes Ranger school, and some vague wording over it from some random flyer is an issue?

Richard Blumenthal ring a bell?

All as I've said below. And yes, it sure does. I don't know how that guy shows his face in public. Or others who have done it. It's disgraceful.

The issue in the thread was the alleged ad, which I've said twice seems inauthentic given the misspelling. If it is real, then it's a fair point to criticize. The article Race summarized fairly presents the issue.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,138
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Don't see the problem.

I'll be adding "Volunteered for Naval Aviation" to my resume.

Thanks for the tip, Tom

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HHusky said:

Don't see the problem.

Thanks for the tip, Tom

Then you’d actually have to go through the training and serve two combat tours. You don’t have that much effort in you. Stick with the Blumenthal approach of just blatantly lying about serving in Vietnam.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Don't see the problem.

Thanks for the tip, Tom

Then you’d actually have to go through the training and serve two combat tours. You don’t have that much effort in you. Stick with the Blumenthal approach of just blatantly lying about serving in Vietnam.
    But my statement was true-ish, Boris. Just like Tom's.

(The Navy volunteered to tell me that they'd be happy to have me attend OCS, but that I really didn't know shit about aviation.)
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I was a Airborne Ranger 1989-1995
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    TommySQC said:

He is closer to being a Ranger than Warren is to being an Indian.

Shouldn't matter. But good Warren jokes are always worth a Chin.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't see the problem.

Thanks for the tip, Tom

(The Navy volunteered to tell me that they'd be happy to have me attend OCS, but that I really didn't know shit about aviation.)
    Sure they did Goose. Sure they did...
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't see the problem.

Thanks for the tip, Tom

Sure they did Goose. Sure they did...
    They did a lot of testing.

I used to be quite something, Olga.
  • Options

DJDuck said:

I think Creepy leftist moron Tom Arnold has a reading comprehension problem. 😂😂😂

I don’t know what Tom Cotton said but to tender this bullshit picture as evidence is laughable........nowhere in this picture does Tom Cotton say he was an Army Ranger. 😂😂😂

The picture seems inauthentic. Cotton is a smart dude, and "Afganistan" is misspelled. If it is authentic, it needs cleaning up as another post suggests. Reading doesn't just involve sounding out words, unless you're a fucking retard. It means reading for comprehension and understanding, including understanding of the writer's intent. So if you read under the words "Battle Tested Leader", the words "volunteered to be an Army Ranger" and "Fought in Iraq and Afghanistan" and you take away anything other than he fought in Afghanistan and Iraq as an Army Ranger, you yourself are a retard.

You're better than this, CC. You know one must always parse and read between the lines of such claims by politicians, or else who's being the retard here?

His statements were technically correct, but - in all likelihood - purposely misleading. If you just go with that flow, especially when that stuff is bragged about or garnishing a resume, you're not doing your job.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bonedog said:

I was a Airborne Ranger 1989-1995

And you led a life of danger
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Maybe you should learn a little reading comprehension education moron. I said “I DON’T KNOW ABOUT........WHAT HE SAID” Einstein. Talk about trying to give people the wrong impression about what a person means.........

The point remains nowhere did he say he was an Army Ranger. To say that he did is a .........FUCKING LIE.

As much as I loathe any fucking duck, H-technically-RYK.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:
    Has Tom Arnold ever done anything remotely witty or funny in his entire life? If so, I missed it.
  • Options

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Without half truths, politics as we know it would not exist.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

I can't wait to see what Trump does to this idiot on some social media platform.

How'd it work out for Rosie, Tom? Looking forward to being a punchline for the rest of your life?
  • Options
    HHusky said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

I've witnessed how vested you are in that pseudo-reality. It defines your existence, in fact.
  • Options

HHusky said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

I've witnessed how vested you are in that pseudo-reality. It defines your existence, in fact.
    example?