Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Couch sale coming?

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Meh. None of these guys can fucking catch
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I don't think Puka would transfer. He's not an idiot and Coach Adams recruited him. I think UW returns all 11 starters on O, including a RS-Soph who got valuable experience last year?

• Options
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

I don't think Puka would transfer. He's not an idiot and Coach Adams recruited him. I think UW returns all 11 starters on O, including a RS-Soph who got valuable experience last year?

Season will depend on the defensive and offensive lines.

Doogs love flashy 4 star receivers that drop every other pass.

Puka hurts a bit but there is plenty of young talent and someone will step up.

The WR twitter ballerina drama will not impact the season.

Hth
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

HFNY said:

Hth
    So he's actually leaving?

And if you're referring to me as a Doog, I politely tell you to fuck off. Puka was UW's best emerging WR in 2019 before he broke his foot and still showed enough in 2020 to compete for a starting job in 2021.
    My response quotes you but was not a reponse to you, hombre

The doogs know who they are
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

HFNY said:

Hth
    Puka's a game breaker. But if he transfers he's a retard. He's in a situation most WR's would kill for and could be part of a big season. If you're not about that life GTFO.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

HFNY said:

Hth
    So he's actually leaving?

And if you're referring to me as a Doog, I politely tell you to fuck off. Puka was UW's best emerging WR in 2019 before he broke his foot and still showed enough in 2020 to compete for a starting job in 2021.
    Losing puka sucks. The program will just suck a bit sooner. We have incompetence running the AD and the coaching staff. Even if they won this shit conference next year it’s becaise the conference is shit.

Lake was handed a program with as much talent as anyone in the pac12 and seems hellbent on fucking this shit up. I would have never thought it would be so Soon.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

Hth
    Puka's a game breaker. But if he transfers he's a retard. He's in a situation most WR's would kill for and could be part of a big season. If you're not about that life GTFO.
    He doesn't want to be the featured receiver in a running offense.

I don't blame him.
  • Options
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

Hth
    He doesn't want to be the featured receiver in a running offense.

I don't blame him.
    It’s almost like wr’s don’t want to play here.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Per Jhop via BDTW

“The smoke around Washington wide receiver Puka Nacua is founded. I’m hearing he’s gone and has reached out (via back channels) to Oregon about joining the Ducks. As hard as this might be to swallow, but given what else is out there, Oregon doesn’t have room for Nacua and won’t be able to make room for him. I’m not sure if that means he’ll go to Utah or BYU or somewhere else, but the Ducks just can’t use a spot on him.”

Greyshirt a possibility?
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Per Jhop via BDTW

“The smoke around Washington wide receiver Puka Nacua is founded. I’m hearing he’s gone and has reached out (via back channels) to Oregon about joining the Ducks. As hard as this might be to swallow, but given what else is out there, Oregon doesn’t have room for Nacua and won’t be able to make room for him. I’m not sure if that means he’ll go to Utah or BYU or somewhere else, but the Ducks just can’t use a spot on him.”

Greyshirt a possibility?
    Oregon’s wrs suck balls. They will find a way. Addison will be kicked off or some random shit like that. They’re not dumb.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

We're going to have more TEs than WRs on the roster next season. Run the damn ball!

You: TEs

JonDon, an intellectual: They're called H-Backs
    I was half joking but holy shit, if all the expected couch sales happen we will actually have more scholarship TEs than WRs. Sam must be stoked.

WRs (5): Odunze, McMillan, Raccanelli, Bynum, Tinae
    TEs (7): Otton, Culp, Westover, Redman, West, Moore, Jumper

It was already a red flag after whiffing on Troy and Emeka but if this isn't a wake up call to Jimmy that no WRs want to play in his 1980s "bruising, attacking pro style offense" then I don't know what is.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021

Emoterman said:

We're going to have more TEs than WRs on the roster next season. Run the damn ball!

You: TEs

JonDon, an intellectual: They're called H-Backs
    I was half joking but holy shit, if all the expected couch sales happen we will actually have more scholarship TEs than WRs. Sam must be stoked.

WRs (5): Odunze, McMillan, Raccanelli, Bynum, Tinae
    TEs (7): Otton, Culp, Westover, Redman, West, Moore, Jumper

It was already a red flag after whiffing on Troy and Emeka but if this isn't a wake up call to Jimmy that no WRs want to play in his 1980s "bruising, attacking pro style offense" then I don't know what is.
    I don't know what Stanford plays but maybe we should try to get receivers like them -- since our D can't cover them I assume nobody else can either?
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

Per Jhop via BDTW

Greyshirt a possibility?
    Oregon’s wrs suck balls. They will find a way. Addison will be kicked off or some random shit like that. They’re not dumb.
    TLDR: Oregon will be 6 scholarship players over the 85 limit by signing day and needs a flea market worth of couch sales. Including returning seniors there are currently 96 scholarship players.

Sounds full. But...

Oregon is never full. Because that’s what caring means. The athletic department will have to pay the university an extra $600k for those out of state scholarships.

*NOC WARNING*

First off, Mario thanks you for the compliment. Not dumb is pretty high praise for a program that kicks field goals from the one yard line and punts from the other teams 45 when down by 13.

Secondly, Oregon has so many busts at WR to cut but Bryan Addison is not one of them. For one, he played CB in 2020. As a freshman he produced more than the rest of the WR busts combined.

Do Oregon’s WRs suck balls? Most of them do, enthusiastically.

Devon Williams doesn’t. If he can just stop trying to punch players on the other team and save it for the bar and house parties that would be great. Pittman doesn’t. Johnson and Redd were waiting for Sherbert to leave before they became good. Everyone else sucks, but this was Oregon’s best WR group since 2015. That’s not saying much, but even the Hellen Keller school has a valedictorian.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,920
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

Per Jhop via BDTW

Greyshirt a possibility?
    TLDR: Oregon will be 6 scholarship players over the 85 limit by signing day and needs a flea market worth of couch sales. Including returning seniors there are currently 96 scholarship players.

Sounds full. But...

Oregon is never full. Because that’s what caring means. The athletic department will have to pay the university an extra $600k for those out of state scholarships.

*NOC WARNING*

First off, Mario thanks you for the compliment. Not dumb is pretty high praise for a program that kicks field goals from the one yard line and punts from the other teams 45 when down by 13.

Secondly, Oregon has so many busts at WR to cut but Bryan Addison is not one of them. For one, he played CB in 2020. As a freshman he produced more than the rest of the WR busts combined.

Do Oregon’s WRs suck balls? Most of them do, enthusiastically.

Devon Williams doesn’t. If he can just stop trying to punch players on the other team and save it for the bar and house parties that would be great. Pittman doesn’t. Johnson and Redd were waiting for Sherbert to leave before they became good. Everyone else sucks, but this was Oregon’s best WR group since 2015. That’s not saying much, but even the Hellen Keller school has a valedictorian.
    Sounds like they care.