Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HCH Academy Awards - Best Picture of 1993

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tombstone
    Unlike Jerry Seinfeld, I did not make out during Schindler's List.

I slept through it in world history class.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tombstone
    Is Schindler where Liam Neeson saves his daughter from East Germans?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Schindler's List

Schindler's List is an amazing work of art, but I have no desire to watch it again. Once was enough. Lot's of other movies this year that aren't on the level of '94 or '95 but are really good. Can't really pick a best.

My high school highly encouraged every kid go see it in the theater. They organized field trips with groups of 30. I was glad I saw it that way, but once was enough.
    Same, but not optional. Whole school went to see it.
  • spudenspuden Member Posts: 353
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Dazed and Confused
    Could have easily voted Tombstone, which I love, but Dazed and Confused is such a great movie I can’t go against it...so fry you freshmen bitchez. Plus, Woodson being my best Halloween costume ever I got congratulated by a Whole Foods cashier the next day on my “sweet” (temporary sharpie drawn) dragon tattoo on the inside of my forearm.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dazed and Confused
    I had not seen Dazed and Confused for years. Watched it with my daughters over Christmas, and was shocked at how much it reminded me of me, at that age, in that time...
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    Schindler's List
    The eerie silence walking out of Schindler’s List is something I will never forget.

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jurassic Park

Not even close. Jurassic Park was, quite possibly, the coolest addition of CGI of all-tim. It made things that humans could only conceive of as fossils or drawings in a book look like they really were roaming the Earth again. I haven't seen the OG Jurassic Park in years, so maybe some of this is 12 y.o. me opining, but this is in my all-time top 10.

It's one of the 10 or so movies that I cannot turn off if I run across on Dish. I've seen several times in the last couple years. It holds up. Really good movie.
    Jurassic Park had a 25 year anniversary release in theaters and I went to see it.

If it weren't for the outdated computers and tech, you would think it was released that year.

Holds up incredibly well.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tombstone
    Doogles said:

Not even close. Jurassic Park was, quite possibly, the coolest addition of CGI of all-tim. It made things that humans could only conceive of as fossils or drawings in a book look like they really were roaming the Earth again. I haven't seen the OG Jurassic Park in years, so maybe some of this is 12 y.o. me opining, but this is in my all-time top 10.

It's one of the 10 or so movies that I cannot turn off if I run across on Dish. I've seen several times in the last couple years. It holds up. Really good movie.
    Jurassic Park had a 25 year anniversary release in theaters and I went to see it.

If it weren't for the outdated computers and tech, you would think it was released that year.

Holds up incredibly well.
    Computers and "mobile" phones in movies is a great look at how far and fast we move these days