Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biden to introduce $1.9 trillion Stimulus tonight

13»

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Are they the same or different people claiming legislation is decreed by the Office of the President Elect?
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

They could just cut everyone's taxes so you know, we weren't just giving them money that in very little ways provide you or I any tangible benefit.

Cut taxes? Biden is gong to raise taxes on anyone or any corporation making over $400,000, which included LLC’s that employ others and never makes that much profit in a year. Between the shutdown and new taxes, Biden is deliberately destroying the middle-class and small business LLCs. Yet retards here applaud it, as followers do.
    That 400K line is not the actual truth. Dig into the details. My best bud is a tax accountant. Most people are going to pay more in taxes...
    Well that's just false by any definition of the word "most". Most people don't make over $400k or own a C-corp. Go ahead and read the details yourself. And this isn't fucking medicine, you don't need a tax accountant to explain this shit.

https://taxfoundation.org/joe-biden-tax-plan-2020/#Details
    The sound byte is "If you make 400K or less you won't pay more in taxes. He's intending to not change the tax rates for people who make under 400K. He's intending to heap on massive changes to people who make over 400K. There is a lot more to how much tax you pay than your tax rate in the tax table. These high level articles don't tell the whole story.

Also keep an eye on Social Security Tax'able income caps...

So again, "most people" won't pay more in taxes. If you want to argue that people making more than $400k will pay more, well, yeah, that's pretty fucking obvious. Go ahead and argue the merits, just don't lie when doing so.
    I thought we were just going to tax the wealthy more? Someone explain to me how a person making 400k a year supporting a family in any major coastal city is rich.
    I don't think they are that rich for the exact point you raise about COL. $400k is way too low of a benchmark.
    Of course it is. So, it’s bending over the middle class, ONCE AGAIN, to pay for what, exactly?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Bob_C said:

They could just cut everyone's taxes so you know, we weren't just giving them money that in very little ways provide you or I any tangible benefit.

Cut taxes? Biden is gong to raise taxes on anyone or any corporation making over $400,000, which included LLC’s that employ others and never makes that much profit in a year. Between the shutdown and new taxes, Biden is deliberately destroying the middle-class and small business LLCs. Yet retards here applaud it, as followers do.
    That 400K line is not the actual truth. Dig into the details. My best bud is a tax accountant. Most people are going to pay more in taxes...
    Well that's just false by any definition of the word "most". Most people don't make over $400k or own a C-corp. Go ahead and read the details yourself. And this isn't fucking medicine, you don't need a tax accountant to explain this shit.

The sound byte is "If you make 400K or less you won't pay more in taxes. He's intending to not change the tax rates for people who make under 400K. He's intending to heap on massive changes to people who make over 400K. There is a lot more to how much tax you pay than your tax rate in the tax table. These high level articles don't tell the whole story.

Exactly. He’ll keep the basic rate tables the same but pile all all sorts of deduction things, ss caps etc, and still be able to claim he didn’t raise taxes for the under $400k crowd.
    The amount of tax illiteracy here is hysterical. Or maybe it's just regular illiteracy, since the articles linked in this thread clearly spell out that any "deduction things or SS caps" won't change for any taxpayer under the $400k threshold.

@thechatch is the only here actually making a coherent economic argument about the downstream impacts of the tax plan. The rest of you shitdicks can't even be bothered to understand what the fucking tax plan is to begin with.
    When has a Rat ever told the truth about anything? I guarantee taxes go up.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    edited January 2021
    Dazzler maff.

The Throbber gets a check from the gubmint for $2K - for argument's sake, let's say his household income is above $400K - that's a 1/2% rebate.

But it costs me another 5% in tax increases to get that $2K

That makes no cents - if you catch my drift.

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

So again, "most people" won't pay more in taxes. If you want to argue that people making more than $400k will pay more, well, yeah, that's pretty fucking obvious. Go ahead and argue the merits, just don't lie when doing so.
    I thought we were just going to tax the wealthy more? Someone explain to me how a person making 400k a year supporting a family in any major coastal city is rich.
    I don't think they are that rich for the exact point you raise about COL. $400k is way too low of a benchmark.
    Of course it is. So, it’s bending over the middle class, ONCE AGAIN, to pay for what, exactly?
    To pay for all the exorbant shit democrats want.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The same people who said Trump didn't cut my taxes telling me Biden won't raise them

Fuck off

Can I keep my doctor?

Trump cut your taxes
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Holy shit, a chin from @Williams3!¡ Gonna be a good day.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

The same people who said Trump didn't cut my taxes telling me Biden won't raise them

Fuck off

Can I keep my doctor?

Trump cut your taxes
    See?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2021
    https://newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/stephen-moore-payroll-tax-covid-stimulus/2021/01/15/id/1005743/

President-elect Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion coronavirus rescue plan will bring total spending on the pandemic to about $5 trillion, destroy about 4 million jobs, and "stimulate Washington" and blue state governments, when eliminating the payroll tax for a year would have a much better and far less expensive effect, economist Stephen Moore warns in an opinion piece.

"We could completely eliminate for an entire year the 7.5% payroll taxes paid by every small business and taken out of every worker's paycheck," Moore, an economist for FreedomWorks, wrote for Fox News. "That would unleash millions of jobs. This would have virtually ZERO administrative and bureaucratic costs. Maybe that's why Washington pols don't want to do it."

The Biden "American Rescue Plan" includes "$350 billion for a blue state bailout, paid parental leave, a $15-an-hour minimum wage, $400 a week bonus unemployment checks, transit aid, paid leave of $1,400 a week, some $100 billion for school aid (for schools that have been shut down for almost a year!), 'health equity' grants, student debt relief and checks for illegal immigrants," writes Moore. "All that is missing is the Green New Deal. Does any of this have anything to do with a health emergency?"

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,871
    Standard Supporter
    I'm gonna buy a Playstation 5. How about you guys?
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    At this point, with our government, I will happily accepting handouts, as it’s better to have that money in my hands then financing Tugboat repairs on the Sinai
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ALWAYS maintain your boat
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2021

It’s not the Feds that will come after your paycheck in 2021 for those earning even over $35,000 per year. It’s the coastal states that will tax them and any small business still alive until they both go broke.

Tax revolt will be a thing.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Holy shit, a chin from @Williams3!¡ Gonna be a good day.
    Wtf is a @Williams3 ???
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    $350 billion for a blue state bailout

But but but we? carry the red states...

what a fucking joke. Plus there is@gree

Now that Trump is gone people need to shut up and let Joe cook

The problem with Joe cooking is that he will forget he left the stove on
    Plus he keeps getting his head stuck in the oven because the burner thing is reddish-orange when it warms up and it’s fun for Grampy to see.