Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Bright Side of COVID-19

creepycougcreepycoug Posts: 17,484
Standard Supporter 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments
is that it is providing me with an almost daily opportunity to demonstrate to my kids that the free market beats the government any day of the week.

Cases in point:

1. Ordered a framed picture of school stuff for one of my kids back in like, September. It took what it took to put it together, but it has been sitting at the Post Office in Pawtuckett, RI for over two months. Apparently they've got the crud and just can't work. No warning. Just not working. Still getting paid, I'm sure. Still waiting.

2. Paid the special freight for expedited passport renewal for one of my kids. Over $200 bucks. Did this in early November. Expedited is 4 to 6 weeks. Guess what? PP office got it on January 6th. Again, the post office.

My kids were like, "Don't lose it. It's COVID, Dad. They can't help it." I asked them, "So how long does it take when you order more of your Lulu Lemon stuff to get here?

Crickets.

Fed Ex, UPS, etc. find a way. The PO? Literally lets packages sit. It's their entire fucking business and this is what they do. I hate to say it, but Trumpf was right about that one.

So when the DMV can't do their work, they schedule appointments out until forever from now and just have the state change the rules. If your license expired after March 1, 2020, it's automatically been extended for 90 days. Can't work? Change the rules.

Private sector can't do that; so they find a way to make it fucking work.
GrundleStiltzkinYellowSnowhuskyhooliganTequillaPitchfork51BleachedAnusDawg

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 23,105
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments
    My wife has been waiting 14 weeks now since mailing in her title to get new Oree-gon plates.
    creepycougPitchfork51
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Posts: 20,570
    The IRS cashed my check for 2019 and never applied it. I've got to sit on the phone with them for like 4 hours now lol
    creepycoug
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Posts: 1,428
    Swaye's Wigwam 2,500 Awesomes 1,000 Up Votes 250 Answers
    A former employer sent a 2 Day envelope with some time sensitive documents. It arrived almost a month later. Luckily they also sent an email and I had already handled it online. Fuck the USPS.
    creepycoug
  • creepycougcreepycoug Posts: 17,484
    Standard Supporter 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments
    USMChawk said:

A former employer sent a 2 Day envelope with some time sensitive documents. It arrived almost a month later. Luckily they also sent an email and I had already handled it online. Fuck the USPS.

Yep. I’ve reached my limit with them.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Posts: 20,570

USMChawk said:

Yep. I’ve reached my limit with them.
    I'm hearing biden will clean things up.
    creepycougFireCohenhaie
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Posts: 3,506
    5,000 Awesomes 2,500 Up Votes 2500 Comments 250 Answers
    edited January 14

is that it is providing me with an almost daily opportunity to demonstrate to my kids that the free market beats the government any day of the week.

Cases in point:

1. Ordered a framed picture of school stuff for one of my kids back in like, September. It took what it took to put it together, but it has been sitting at the Post Office in Pawtuckett, RI for over two months. Apparently they've got the crud and just can't work. No warning. Just not working. Still getting paid, I'm sure. Still waiting.

2. Paid the special freight for expedited passport renewal for one of my kids. Over $200 bucks. Did this in early November. Expedited is 4 to 6 weeks. Guess what? PP office got it on January 6th. Again, the post office.

My kids were like, "Don't lose it. It's COVID, Dad. They can't help it." I asked them, "So how long does it take when you order more of your Lulu Lemon stuff to get here?

Crickets.

Fed Ex, UPS, etc. find a way. The PO? Literally lets packages sit. It's their entire fucking business and this is what they do. I hate to say it, but Trumpf was right about that one.

So when the DMV can't do their work, they schedule appointments out until forever from now and just have the state change the rules. If your license expired after March 1, 2020, it's automatically been extended for 90 days. Can't work? Change the rules.

I didn't even realize my license was expired this past summer until a Costco checker mentioned it when I was buying a nice cab that drank like a merlot (or whatever the schtick is). Nearly one month expired and the DMV had not sent me a renewal letter, etc. So I jump online to do it myself because in-person offices are closed and the DMV says that, because my last in-person renewal with new photo was 10 years ago, I cannot renew online and must go in-person. Another 3 weeks pass and I get a renewal notice in the mail so I go online to see if it'll work this time, or if I have to go in-person to get the new photo. Online renewal actually works this time and I now will have a license at age 45 with a picture of me from when I was 29.

CSB
    RaceBannon
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Posts: 25,651
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes 10000 Comments

Cases in point:

Crickets.

I didn't even realize my license was expired this past summer until a Costco checker mentioned it when I was buying a nice cab that drank like a merlot (or whatever the schtick is). Nearly one month expired and the DMV had not sent me a renewal letter, etc. So I jump online to do it myself because in-person offices are closed and the DMV says that, because my last in-person renewal with new photo was 10 years ago, I cannot renew online and must go in-person. Another 3 weeks pass and I get a renewal notice in the mail so I go online to see if it'll work this time, or if I have to go in-person to get the new photo. Online renewal actually works this time and I now will have a license at age 45 with a picture of me from when I was 29.

CSB
    The Throbber never did receive the new sticker for his boat last year. Carried the receipt around all summer in case water smokey pulled me over.