Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coup d'etat Shooting Pole

13»

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

The security failure is staggering.

And so much for my accidental discharge possibility. Aimed shot.

Do you disagree with the decision to shoot?
    Biden says to shoot people in the knees.
    Just needs moar tim
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited January 2021
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

You don't let a person into your house and then shoot them. Police were allowing people to enter. I would assume at that point I wouldn't be shot as there was little to no resistance or even help to enter. It was an inconsistent reaction.

You have consistently rational responses. If the police let them in, which they did, doesn’t that make the cops complicit? Same thing they did when many more Pussy Hatters stormed and occupied the Rotunda, along with Grassley’s office, from which his staffers had to evacuate, during the Kavanaugh hearings.
    Yes it would make the cops complicit. The question is whether they were told to stand down from their leadership, or some of them agreed with the storming and therefore let it happen? Clearly the force outside the capital building and inside were two different jurisdictions and not on the same page.
    Then why were they scaling walls? What was the video of bashington in the door and window? I wasn't there, but I saw some video cops opening the door (hopefully an investigation there) but also video of a bull rush ... lots of it.

Which one was she counting on?

Like I said in another thread, this is Breona Taylor. You show up at these things and push the issue and back cops into a corner, your odds of a bad event have just gone up substantially.

Better to use your brain, stay outside and carry a sign.
    A large number of protests in other states some were militia some entered yet not seeing anything about any violence.
    Again, Sleddy, a non-point. You straining your back today.
    Didn't see it in the videos I watched. Plain and simple. Have I seen everyone? Probably not but quite a few. As I said I am using the evidence I have been able to see for myself not anything the media says. Seeing police remove barricades, open doors and wave people inward and onward tells me that most simply walked on in and only a very small number did otherwise.
    @creepycoug

Here is a video that tells a different story. No clue if the claim of “ANTIFA” is true, but Trump supporters stopped whoever this is from breaking windows. The Democrats and Democrat Media are in full censorship and demonizing mode and trying to incite violence against Trump supporters by painting us all at terrorists..

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,209
    edited January 2021
    No, overreaction! BLM protesters weren't shot
    AOG said:
    So there were cops there blocking it and they moved. Them moving causes her death.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

You don't let a person into your house and then shoot them. Police were allowing people to enter. I would assume at that point I wouldn't be shot as there was little to no resistance or even help to enter. It was an inconsistent reaction.

You have consistently rational responses. If the police let them in, which they did, doesn’t that make the cops complicit? Same thing they did when many more Pussy Hatters stormed and occupied the Rotunda, along with Grassley’s office, from which his staffers had to evacuate, during the Kavanaugh hearings.
    Yes it would make the cops complicit. The question is whether they were told to stand down from their leadership, or some of them agreed with the storming and therefore let it happen? Clearly the force outside the capital building and inside were two different jurisdictions and not on the same page.
    Then why were they scaling walls? What was the video of bashington in the door and window? I wasn't there, but I saw some video cops opening the door (hopefully an investigation there) but also video of a bull rush ... lots of it.

Like I said in another thread, this is Breona Taylor. You show up at these things and push the issue and back cops into a corner, your odds of a bad event have just gone up substantially.

A large number of protests in other states some were militia some entered yet not seeing anything about any violence.
    Didn't see it in the videos I watched. Plain and simple. Have I seen everyone? Probably not but quite a few. As I said I am using the evidence I have been able to see for myself not anything the media says. Seeing police remove barricades, open doors and wave people inward and onward tells me that most simply walked on in and only a very small number did otherwise.
    @creepycoug

Here is a video that tells a different story. No clue if the claim of “ANTIFA” is true, but Trump supporters stopped whoever this is from breaking windows. The Democrats and Democrat Media are in full censorship and demonizing mode and trying to incite violence against Trump supporters by painting us all at terrorists..

ANTIFA do like their truncheons.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    No, overreaction! BLM protesters weren't shot
    I'm just voting against the left
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,715
    Yes, but it's sad
    When the looting starts, the shooting starts. A wise man once said that.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,715
    Yes, but it's sad
    Also, "Law and Order!"
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950

The security failure is staggering.

And so much for my accidental discharge possibility. Aimed shot.

Do you disagree with the decision to shoot?
    Not really. I’ll give the cop the benefit of the doubt, nutty situation. It’ll be investigated. As you said earlier, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    I didn't say that, but I'll endorse it.
    Maybe that was creepy. Irregardless, fitting.
    flea
    edited January 2021

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

@creepycoug

I've no doubt there were loons there claiming association with various groups, or whatever. And I've no doubt that there were a majority of law abiding folks pushing an aggressive protest who would stop an attempt at vandalizing the Capital. There were a few folks from the hometown who made the trip, and they are certainly straight-as-arrow people and deeply saddened that this happened. Fortunately, they were smart enough to stay away from that part of it.

The (I think) relatively small % of the total folks who are screwed are those who won the Darwin award and posted their own videos of themselves inside the Capital. There were arrests of people with homemade bombs and shit in their vehicles and all of those people are going down and should.

Like I said, my stand on this is pretty predictable and should be pretty vanilla across the board. Stand out and protest for days on end if you want to. Carry signs, shout through a megaphone, all that shit. Breach the Capital, or any state or federal office by force with a mob and the implied threat that poses, and you get what you get and that includes no sympathy from me.

Their personal politics is almost not relevant from my standpoint. As I've said over and over when debating the summer riots ... you show up at these things, especially when they get gamey, and you're exposing yourself to the odds.

Sad day for the country.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

@creepycoug

I've no doubt there were loons there claiming association with various groups, or whatever. And I've no doubt that there were a majority of law abiding folks pushing an aggressive protest who would stop an attempt at vandalizing the Capital. There were a few folks from the hometown who made the trip, and they are certainly straight-as-arrow people and deeply saddened that this happened. Fortunately, they were smart enough to stay away from that part of it.

The (I think) relatively small % of the total folks who are screwed are those who won the Darwin award and posted their own videos of themselves inside the Capital. There were arrests of people with homemade bombs and shit in their vehicles and all of those people are going down and should.

Like I said, my stand on this is pretty predictable and should be pretty vanilla across the board. Stand out and protest for days on end if you want to. Carry signs, shout through a megaphone, all that shit. Breach the Capital, or any state or federal office by force with a mob and the implied threat that poses, and you get what you get and that includes no sympathy from me.

Their personal politics is almost not relevant from my standpoint. As I've said over and over when debating the summer riots ... you show up at these things, especially when they get gamey, and you're exposing yourself to the odds.

Sad day for the country.
    The reaction of the entire media and Rats is the sad thing. These people were lauded as courageous heroes as their plan was to take over the Capitol. They even chased Chuck Grassley’s staff out of his office.

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

@creepycoug

Sad day for the country.
    The reaction of the entire media and Rats is the sad thing. These people were lauded as courageous heroes as their plan was to take over the Capitol. They even chased Chuck Grassley’s staff out of his office.

That is a fair point.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    Woke patriots vs. Nazi storm troopers.

America is so diverse.....