Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Manchin says no on $2000 direct aid; joins GOP in vote. Possible party switch?

2»

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Wasn't the Klan Senator from West Virginia?

He changed even though he was still dropping n-bombs on TV right up until his death.

Other than his obvious use of a racial slur, as racists do, he did make a few good points about the race hustle grifters. It’s only become worse now, Bobby.

https://youtu.be/PnO6ai0Ktro
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

It's still awfully warm for Manchin's next reelection in 2024, but he's someone who must feel awfully uneasy with where everything has gone. The blue dogs are damn near extinct, and the GOP hasn't made itself appealing at all for anyone with a moderate bent.

Frankly Congress could use a few more Joe Manchins.

Yeah he’s done great work for the poorest state in the country.
    Bad take. Representing a poor state doesn't make one responsible for that plight.

You're also ironically touching on one of the reasons we need more legislators like Manchin. Congress at its "best" operated as a series of compromises and plurality-building, often through concessions to specific states that each Congressman traded on. That kind of regionalized process resulted in a legislative branch that actually legislated.

Contrast that with legislating done based on national party and ideology as the motivating factor, and the resulting mess it's given us.
    Maybe I could take this thought seriously if there was a hint of accountability. It’s shitty bipartisan bills that led to the frustration and anger of the right and left. It was bipartisanship that led to obscene corruption. Congress “at its best” is why we are here.

Joe Manchin will vote for $2000 checks that would help the people in Kentucky if HE is given something. He’s a corrupt ghoul.

It's still awfully warm for Manchin's next reelection in 2024, but he's someone who must feel awfully uneasy with where everything has gone. The blue dogs are damn near extinct, and the GOP hasn't made itself appealing at all for anyone with a moderate bent.

Bad take. Representing a poor state doesn't make one responsible for that plight.

You're also ironically touching on one of the reasons we need more legislators like Manchin. Congress at its "best" operated as a series of compromises and plurality-building, often through concessions to specific states that each Congressman traded on. That kind of regionalized process resulted in a legislative branch that actually legislated.

Contrast that with legislating done based on national party and ideology as the motivating factor, and the resulting mess it's given us.
    Maybe I could take this thought seriously if there was a hint of accountability. It’s shitty bipartisan bills that led to the frustration and anger of the right and left. It was bipartisanship that led to obscene corruption. Congress “at its best” is why we are here.

Joe Manchin will vote for $2000 checks that would help the people in Kentucky if HE is given something. He’s a corrupt ghoul.
    He doesn’t want pork in the bill, that’s the point of voting no, but I would never expect you to get anything correct. So, you lie.

He doesn’t want pork in the bill, that’s the point of voting no, but I would never expect you to get anything correct. So, you lie.
    Maybe we can force schools to purchase his daughters epipens and then he’ll vote for it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Maybe we can force schools to purchase his daughters epipens and then he’ll vote for it.
    He wants the Sanders vacation home plan
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

Kentucky, West Virginia what's the difference.
    SFGbob said:

It is hard to keep track of poor red states.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950

He wants the Sanders vacation home plan
    19-6 Oregon with a huge lead since football was invented. Have you been paying attention?

SFGbob said:

It is hard to keep track of poor red states.
    Not as difficult keeping track of the “rich” blue states such as NY and CA who are begging for federal taxpayer money to rescue their broken public pensions.

You really suck at this. Learn the game, then post.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Someone that isn’t extreme left or right will rise in the next couple of years. The news cycle and social media make this world seem a lot different than the reality.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Bob_C said:

I’d rather up the amount to those actually affected and take off government workers as the offset that had no actual loss in pay from the list.
    That should definitely be a start. 95% of the country doesn't need a stimulus. But the ones who are hurting are hurting bad. Neither party seems interested in injecting a little precision into this stimulus and actually targeting those who need it. It's fucking baffling.
    Nobody gives a fuck about all the pork besides politicians. They gotta wet the beaks of the big powers that are pulling the strings. Nothing has changed with me, FRANNY.

Just send $2,000 to everyone. Either help the people of the country or don’t.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

Bob_C said:

I’d rather up the amount to those actually affected and take off government workers as the offset that had no actual loss in pay from the list.
    That should definitely be a start. 95% of the country doesn't need a stimulus. But the ones who are hurting are hurting bad. Neither party seems interested in injecting a little precision into this stimulus and actually targeting those who need it. It's fucking baffling.
    Nobody gives a fuck about all the pork besides politicians. They gotta wet the beaks of the big powers that are pulling the strings. Nothing has changed with me, FRANNY.

In all honesty I and many other people don't need the government to be cutting us checks. Help the people who really need it but most people are fine.
    SFGbob said:

Bob_C said:

In all honesty I and many other people don't need the government to be cutting us checks. Help the people who really need it but most people are fine.
    Disagree. Property crimes are escalating where I live and someone tried to break into our house today. I literally watched the person, from my desk, come to our back patio door, open the screen door, and try to open the glass door. He didn’t even see me. I have a gun by me so I wasn’t worried so I pounded on the glass door and the guy jumped the fence and ran. Called the cops but other than the description of the person I didn’t have anything. I’d rather not share the description because it isn’t PC.

Things are going to go sideways soon as rent delays have the money called in and the evictions start.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

Someone that isn’t extreme left or right will rise in the next couple of years. The news cycle and social media make this world seem a lot different than the reality.
    So what you're saying, Roady, is Hillary in 2024?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2021

SFGbob said:

Bob_C said:

Disagree. Property crimes are escalating where I live and someone tried to break into our house today. I literally watched the person, from my desk, come to our back patio door, open the screen door, and try to open the glass door. He didn’t even see me. I have a gun by me so I wasn’t worried so I pounded on the glass door and the guy jumped the fence and ran. Called the cops but other than the description of the person I didn’t have anything. I’d rather not share the description because it isn’t PC.

Things are going to go sideways soon as rent delays have the money called in and the evictions start.
    Too bad he didn't enter your house.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

I don't know which bipartisan bills you're whining about considering just about every single bill in congressional history was bipartisan. That's kind of the fucking point.

This is a country of 330 million people. Yet the thought that one party or group can force a single ideology down everyone's throats is still popular.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

This must be that Unity I’ve been hearing so much about. Bipartisanship sucks to you.

That must mean authoritarianism rules. As long as it’s your team pullin the strings anyway.