Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Elijah Molden

2»

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852
    dnc said:

I think Budda is a better athlete and better in coverage but not by a ton. And Molden makes up that gap with far superior ball skills.

I would guess Molden will be a second rounder, again unless his combine bombshell and he runs like a 4.8. If he can get under 4.6 he’ll go by round 2. He’s good.

I’ll bet you Molden tests almost the same if not better than Budda.
  • DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957

Who is "they"? There are numerous draft projection sites with rankings all over the place.

NFL.com lmao
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

dnc said:

I think Budda is a better athlete and better in coverage but not by a ton. And Molden makes up that gap with far superior ball skills.

I would guess Molden will be a second rounder, again unless his combine bombshell and he runs like a 4.8. If he can get under 4.6 he’ll go by round 2. He’s good.

Lol no, budda is faster
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Lol no, budda is faster
    Ok? He’s gunna run a similar forty, run a better shuttle, probably vert around the same... It’s the same player except Molden’s better in coverage whereas Budda is super elite against the run/plays single high.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Lol no, budda is faster
    Ok? He’s gunna run a similar forty, run a better shuttle, probably vert around the same... It’s the same player except Molden’s better in coverage whereas Budda is super elite against the run/plays single high.
    Dude budda has better tape
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Lol no, budda is faster
    Dude they’re the same player with Molden being better in coverage/ballskills and Budda being able to single high/elite in run game
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,544 Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Lol no, budda is faster
    Dude they’re the same player with Molden being better in coverage/ballskills and Budda being able to single high/elite in run game
    So the same outside of everything being different?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,847 Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Lol no, budda is faster
    Sooo not the same player...
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Lol no, budda is faster
    They are the about same height AND went to the same school. What other similarities do you want?
  • DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    Some team is going to get a steal this draft and its gonna be him in the 3rd round
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

The only way DBs go in the first round:
    * Top CB capable of covering franchise WRs every down. 6-6’2” 200ish, with elite speed.
    * Freak safety. Jamal Adams or Minkah Fitzpatrick types.
    Those are the top-20ish picks that are usually on NFL radars from the time they’re 5-star recruits.

End of the first round or start of the second you can get the slightly damaged or defective version of those.

Safeties, and CBs you don’t expect to be perennial Pro-Bowl level contributors start in the second round. If Molden is 5’10” he will probably be pigeonholed as a slot corner or nickelback. The only way to overcome that size and be a first rounder is with insane, sustained production and elite athleticism. CB is one of those positions where there is no substitute for the right combo of size and athleticism, safety is more lenient but also more replaceable thus a lower draft value.

Agree. The only guy off memory similar in size who didn't match what you wrote was Joe Haden and he went 7th overall. I think Molden sneaks into rd 1 if he runs in the 4.4s. It is really hard to tell now fast he is.
    It wouldn’t surprise me too much if Molden snuck into the end of the first round, or at all if he’s a second rounder. He did do testing at The Opening finals, which isn’t the most accurate but is useful for comparing to guys from the same event. Some other guys from the 2016 event-
    Elijah Molden: 4.52 at The Opening
    Jaylon Johnson: 4.47 at The Opening 4.50 at NFL combine
    Cam Akers: 4.41 at The Opening 4.47 at combine
    Demo Lenoir: 4.43 at The Opening
    Usually RBs and DBs run slower times after college, as they bulk up. Salvon Ahmed took that to the extreme, as he was the fastest RB at 4.32 and pulled off a 4.62 at the combine.

Not to nitpick, but Joe Haden also applies although he’s below ideal size. He follows the insane, sustained production part: 220 tackles and 8 INT in three seasons, unanimous first team All-American, star of a national title game, crazy athleticism, recruiting pedigree 59th overall on Rivals.
    Budda Baker went early second round, Budda was ranked as the top nickel DB and the 2nd best FS in the draft his year.

Molden isn't seen as a safety hybrid like Budda was and he doesnt have the same proven production that Budda had. Molden COULD be a Budda type but its hard to imagine him going in the first round or even early 2nd even if he tests really well...

The shitshow of a season is going to have coaches/scouts depending even more on the underwear Olympics measurables this year and limiting risk, If molden tests well I could see him going late 2nd, if he tests poorly I could see him dropping way into the 6th.

The ELITE prototypical outside CBs and larger safeties will go before him IMO... But its the NFL... EWIWBI.
    What are you talking about? He had like 18 PBUs and 4 picks last year? He’s been top 3 in the country in coverage grade the past 2 years... Do you even watch the games?
    Budda had 80 fucking tackles and was a freshman all American as a true freshman and continued that consistent production all three years to a consensus all american... He was fucking dominate from the second he stepped on campus until he left for 3 fucking years.

Molden played really fucking well, had a great season last year. This season he played well in the 4 fake games we had... He is a really good player but dont pretend that Molden and Budda have had comparable production

JFC... PFF... fuck off.
    Dominant*

Someone had to say it.
    One of my personal pet peeve misspellings, drives me nuts.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

* Top CB capable of covering franchise WRs every down. 6-6’2” 200ish, with elite speed.
    Those are the top-20ish picks that are usually on NFL radars from the time they’re 5-star recruits.

End of the first round or start of the second you can get the slightly damaged or defective version of those.

Safeties, and CBs you don’t expect to be perennial Pro-Bowl level contributors start in the second round. If Molden is 5’10” he will probably be pigeonholed as a slot corner or nickelback. The only way to overcome that size and be a first rounder is with insane, sustained production and elite athleticism. CB is one of those positions where there is no substitute for the right combo of size and athleticism, safety is more lenient but also more replaceable thus a lower draft value.

Agree. The only guy off memory similar in size who didn't match what you wrote was Joe Haden and he went 7th overall. I think Molden sneaks into rd 1 if he runs in the 4.4s. It is really hard to tell now fast he is.
    It wouldn’t surprise me too much if Molden snuck into the end of the first round, or at all if he’s a second rounder. He did do testing at The Opening finals, which isn’t the most accurate but is useful for comparing to guys from the same event. Some other guys from the 2016 event-
    Usually RBs and DBs run slower times after college, as they bulk up. Salvon Ahmed took that to the extreme, as he was the fastest RB at 4.32 and pulled off a 4.62 at the combine.

Not to nitpick, but Joe Haden also applies although he’s below ideal size. He follows the insane, sustained production part: 220 tackles and 8 INT in three seasons, unanimous first team All-American, star of a national title game, crazy athleticism, recruiting pedigree 59th overall on Rivals.
    Budda Baker went early second round, Budda was ranked as the top nickel DB and the 2nd best FS in the draft his year.

Molden isn't seen as a safety hybrid like Budda was and he doesnt have the same proven production that Budda had. Molden COULD be a Budda type but its hard to imagine him going in the first round or even early 2nd even if he tests really well...

The shitshow of a season is going to have coaches/scouts depending even more on the underwear Olympics measurables this year and limiting risk, If molden tests well I could see him going late 2nd, if he tests poorly I could see him dropping way into the 6th.

The ELITE prototypical outside CBs and larger safeties will go before him IMO... But its the NFL... EWIWBI.
    What are you talking about? He had like 18 PBUs and 4 picks last year? He’s been top 3 in the country in coverage grade the past 2 years... Do you even watch the games?
    Budda had 80 fucking tackles and was a freshman all American as a true freshman and continued that consistent production all three years to a consensus all american... He was fucking dominate from the second he stepped on campus until he left for 3 fucking years.

Molden played really fucking well, had a great season last year. This season he played well in the 4 fake games we had... He is a really good player but dont pretend that Molden and Budda have had comparable production

JFC... PFF... fuck off.
    Dominant*

Someone had to say it.
    For all intensive purposes I could care less... Irregardless of the mute point, its supposably all one in the same.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

JFC... PFF... fuck off.
    Dominant*

Someone had to say it.
    One of my personal pet peeve misspellings, drives me nuts.
    Its an insane thing. I can understand all intensive purposes because it's something you don't hear in real life and don't see spelled out often. But they've used the term dominant in print for like 100 years.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Houhusky said:

smallish corner you have on your roster that you start when one of the regular CBs is at the birth of his 17th child
    That's racist
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 467
    ** intents and purposes**
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    How fast did Molden run up the Space Needle?

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Lol no, budda is faster
    Same height/same build/same athleticism. I mean Budda played the same role in 2016 as Elijah does. But we can go off of how Budda is used in the NFL.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Lol no, budda is faster
    Same height/same build/same athleticism. I mean Budda played the same role in 2016 as Elijah does. But we can go off of how Budda is used in the NFL.
    I think Molden will be good, but it’s mostly a crapshoot. It’s always hard to predict how someone will do in the NFL. Very few guys are sure things.

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Lol no, budda is faster
    I think Molden will be good, but it’s mostly a crapshoot. It’s always hard to predict how someone will do in the NFL. Very few guys are sure things.
    Yeah not saying he’ll be a better player at the NFL level. I just think he was on the same level as Budda here.