Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are Leftists ACTUALLY Interested in Unifying With Conservatives?

Comments

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    From my perspective capitalism is the system where people lust after others hard work.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Unity and compromise are not the same thing.

You use compromise as a bludgeon to stop progress. You think climate change is a Chinese hoax and now you want to compromise on it? No, you want to suck moderates in to thinking things like universal healthcare and climate change are “extreme” so you can kneecap them with compromise.

Four years ago, on this board, I said even though I didn’t agree with Trump on basically everything I would give him a shot. That’s what unity looks like and look how you guys are acting now. Miss me with this victim complex bullshit.

I don't want unity or compromise

Hope this helps

And if you think the left does i got ocean front property for you
    I mean, yeah, that makes sense, what with the fascism and all. Democracy is my number one issue so I still believe in unity and compromise.

I voted for Biden because I believe, electorally, the liberals can be moved. I voted for Biden because I don’t think you guys want elections.

From my perspective capitalism is the system where people lust after others hard work.

Your very educated perspective.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,394
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Sledog said:

You use compromise as a bludgeon to stop progress. You think climate change is a Chinese hoax and now you want to compromise on it? No, you want to suck moderates in to thinking things like universal healthcare and climate change are “extreme” so you can kneecap them with compromise.

Four years ago, on this board, I said even though I didn’t agree with Trump on basically everything I would give him a shot. That’s what unity looks like and look how you guys are acting now. Miss me with this victim complex bullshit.

Keep it up the compromise will be where we leave the lefties when we take the country back. Remember the not so civil war the last time the parties had it out. Stock up on soy you'll need it.
    It’s not the democrats still flying the confederate flag.
    Another lie. My in-laws were door knocked by the Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy. They were campaigning for Jon Ossoff. The klan has been and continues to be a dem vote.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

From my perspective capitalism is the system where lazy people with nothing, lust after others hard work.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

People get jealous because they are stupid and or incompetent.

Explain how this would be better in communism?
    They'd starve while the smarter people steal their bread.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

Keep it up the compromise will be where we leave the lefties when we take the country back. Remember the not so civil war the last time the parties had it out. Stock up on soy you'll need it.
    Another lie. My in-laws were door knocked by the Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy. They were campaigning for Jon Ossoff. The klan has been and continues to be a dem vote.

Sledog said:

Sure.gif

Explain Unite the Right.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,064
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Do workers just band together to make stuff on their own?
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

Do workers just band together to make stuff on their own?
    You mean like a co op?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Where does the capital come from?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I guess it appears then. Or is it taken?
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

I really don’t even understand what you think your point is here. It was obvious your question was a gotcha but I don’t get it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

I really don’t even understand what you think your point is here. It was obvious your question was a gotcha but I don’t get it.
    Trying to understand the mechanics of whatever it is you are proposing.

Workers own businesses or at least a much higher percentage than they do now, does this include current existing businesses or just new ones? If it’s a new one, who and what form supplies the capital to manufacture inventory, hire new workers, etc ahead of actual earnings?

If it’s an existing one, are we transferring equity from current shareholders to the workers or recapitalizing the business in some fashion as to not dilute/steal from the existing shareholders? Where does that money come from?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

You populist, anti-government reactionaries aren’t conservatives. You’re flattering yourselves.

Yes, yes everyone knows that you, the guy who supports higher taxes, nationalized healthcare and who voted for Obama, Hillary and now Biden, swallowed hook line and sinker the Russian collusion and impeachment fraud is the real Conservative.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Yeah because you're barely literate moron you have the perspective. You've already embarrassed yourself enough the last time you attempted to discuss Capitalism.

Anyone else notice how the Dazzler, rock solid conservative that he is, unlike any Trump supporter, never has anything negative to say about Kobe's views on Capitalism.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sure.gif

Explain Unite the Right.
    You mean the rally that was organized by a Occupy Wall Street supporter who endorsed Biden this last election cycle?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Bob_C said:

Exposing your ignorance and stupidity appears to be his point.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188

Sledog said:

I will take things that never happened for $1000 please
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    The Left’s version of unifying...

• Options
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Workers own businesses or at least a much higher percentage than they do now, does this include current existing businesses or just new ones? If it’s a new one, who and what form supplies the capital to manufacture inventory, hire new workers, etc ahead of actual earnings?

If it’s an existing one, are we transferring equity from current shareholders to the workers or recapitalizing the business in some fashion as to not dilute/steal from the existing shareholders? Where does that money come from?
    Ok, I see. So if you’re talking about compensating regular people that used money they earned to become shareholders, I’d be open to some kind of compensation. If you’re talking about giving Bezos 200 billion to compensate him for value he stole from labor, then no.

Currently co ops use member investment as capital. They also have a hard time working with banks, despite co ops being a model that’s proven to work, because they are not capitalist in a capitalist system. So in a future theoretical version, if everyone was a co op then that would obviously change.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Ok, I see. So if you’re talking about compensating regular people that used money they earned to become shareholders, I’d be open to some kind of compensation. If you’re talking about giving Bezos 200 billion to compensate him for value he stole from labor, then no.

Currently co ops use member investment as capital. They also have a hard time working with banks, despite co ops being a model that’s proven to work, because they are not capitalist in a capitalist system. So in a future theoretical version, if everyone was a co op then that would obviously change.
    Basically you are advocating for ending private investment in business. The threat of quasi-nationalizing of business investments will dry that market up very quickly. Banks will help fill the gap a bit through debt, but your anger will just get transferred to them.

Your co op may be able to function as you describe, but it will come at the expense of general output. You need capital to build large scale anything to maintain and grow output. Less capital equals less upside on output.

I’ve done audits on a few ESOPs (essentially coops), they are all under capitalized, and the ones that have enough cash have huge bank loans. Every time an employee leaves for a new job or retires, the existing members have to buy back that employees equity shares themselves or get bank loans to buy them back. Wages can grow as giving a small raise is seen as better than losing employees and having to buy them out. But it all gets done through debt as there is never enough free capital to invest in growth. Death spiral.