Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Am I crazy to think he is the best corner in uw history, dude has been crazy consistent even as freshman. Dude just does not panic
    That's really tough. I wouldn't put him there yet but I'd be surprised if, after this season, most of us don't put him right there.

Just going back to Trufant and trying to rank them is almost impossible for me. Let's see how stupid this looks:

1. Syd Jones
    2. TruFant
    3. Peters
    4. Murphy
    5. Kevin King
    6. Keith Taylor
    7. Jordan Miller
    8. Greg Ducre

Something like that. The first four are interchangeable to me but I tend to favor Jones who was just such a technician.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Walter Bailey

Dana Hall
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

Am I crazy to think he is the best corner in uw history, dude has been crazy consistent even as freshman. Dude just does not panic
    No.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Walter Bailey

Dana Hall

Vestee Jackson
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

FireCohen said:

That's really tough. I wouldn't put him there yet but I'd be surprised if, after this season, most of us don't put him right there.

Just going back to Trufant and trying to rank them is almost impossible for me. Let's see how stupid this looks:

1. Syd Jones
    2. TruFant
    3. Peters
    4. Murphy
    5. Kevin King
    6. Keith Taylor
    7. Jordan Miller
    8. Greg Ducre

Something like that. The first four are interchangeable to me but I tend to favor Jones who was just such a technician.
    It’s all subjective. Peters was the actual best player. Jones and King next. It’s splitting hairs, but I thought King was better.

King allowed the lowest completion percentage of anyone in the PAC 12 in 2015. On 2016, I remembered Jones giving up more completions than King.

Murphy over Trufant. Trufant was really good in 2012. Nothing special his first three years.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1.Peters
    2.Murphy
    3.King even though Sark and Pete fucked up his first couple years.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Walter Bailey

Dana Hall

Ray Horton
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

dflea said:

Walter Bailey

Dana Hall

Ray Horton

My wife made Ray's current wife go out with him. They got married. We get Christmas cards from them every year. CSB
    That's totally a CSB! Ray was a favorite of mine when I was younger.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Trufant gets unjustly dismissed. He was CB1 when both him and Peters were on the roster and was easily better when he left. Peters probably was better after, though it's arguable, but was an asshole and did nothing but shit on UW and oiss away his last season. Fuck him.
  • Options
    WRDawgWRDawg Member Posts: 55
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    chuck said:

FireCohen said:

1. Syd Jones
    2. TruFant
    3. Peters
    4. Murphy
    5. Kevin King
    6. Keith Taylor
    7. Jordan Miller
    8. Greg Ducre
    9. Nate Robinson - was as good as any first year starting corner Washington has marched onto the field. Too bad basketball was his passion...

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    chuck said:

I think Trufant gets unjustly dismissed. He was CB1 when both him and Peters were on the roster and was easily better when he left. Peters probably was better after, though it's arguable, but was an asshole and did nothing but shit on UW and oiss away his last season. Fuck him.

Totally subjective nonsense, but I remember hearing Trufant's name the least his senior year compared to any of our other CBs this last decade. I'll always associate him as the face of the transition of our program from the Charmin-soft defenses of 2011 and prior into the new defense-first identity we've had ever since. God bless Tru.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Pete pissed away his last season.

Ross at corner. King at Safety. Shaq is running over teams but naw gotta put him at lb with Azeem and Bierria on the roster. lol
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Until he got hurt, Derrick Johnson was really really good. Definitely not at the Marcus Peters level. But it would have been fun to watch Johnson achieve, if healthy.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    TTJ said:

Until he got hurt, Derrick Johnson was really really good. Definitely not at the Marcus Peters level. But it would have been fun to watch Johnson achieve, if healthy.

I loved DJ (ILTCHDJ).

We had some decent corners in the in dark years. Roc Alexander, Omare Lowe, even Roy Lewis.

They weren't #DBU level corners but fun to watch in their owen ways.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,293
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

I loved DJ (ILTCHDJ).

We had some decent corners in the in dark years. Roc Alexander, Omare Lowe, even Roy Lewis.

They weren't #DBU level corners but fun to watch in their owen ways.
    Has another UW CB ever landed on the cover of SI besides Roc Alexander?

(At least I am pretty sure that’s him getting torched)