Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

0 chance Obrien starts but he is a good insurance policy

If he is better, start him. One year bridge to Huard starting.
    Sure, but he is not.
    You give Huard the start and a year to get better, so next year he is your returning starting QB. It’s the same thing Pete did with Jake Browning.
    Huh? Did you forget about Dylan Morris? Browning didn’t have a returning starting QB to supplant.

Also unlike in 2015 when we’d just lost four 1st/2nd round draft picks and were also starting freshman LT, RT, and RB- this UW team is built to win now not next year.

Why play Browning next year? It's already a wasted season. And he will get murdered behind our o-line.

Let Miles get injured, give KJCS a shot, or fucking play Lindy, idgaf.

Even if Browning is THAT good, will getting an extra win or 2 make a difference?

Hint: no, it won't.

Completely different scenarios in regards to the quality of team returning between then and now. I know its hard. As Kim says things change.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Sure, but he is not.
    You give Huard the start and a year to get better, so next year he is your returning starting QB. It’s the same thing Pete did with Jake Browning.
    Huh? Did you forget about Dylan Morris? Browning didn’t have a returning starting QB to supplant.

Also unlike in 2015 when we’d just lost four 1st/2nd round draft picks and were also starting freshman LT, RT, and RB- this UW team is built to win now not next year.

Why play Browning next year? It's already a wasted season. And he will get murdered behind our o-line.

Even if Browning is THAT good, will getting an extra win or 2 make a difference?

Completely different scenarios in regards to the quality of team returning between then and now. I know its hard. As Kim says things change.
    This team isn’t going to the Playoffs in the next two years. My point is the same individuals say the same things year in and year out. That’s pretty much consistent around here. Facts are no one here knows who the fuck will start, Lake will start who he wants. In 2021 you don’t recruit 5 star qb’s and think they will stick around and not be in the Portal.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sure, but he is not.

This team isn’t going to the Playoffs in the next two years. My point is the same individuals say the same things year in and year out. That’s pretty much consistent around here. Facts are no one here knows who the fuck will start, Lake will start who he wants. In 2021 you don’t recruit 5 star qb’s and think they will stick around and not be in the Portal.
    Pressing
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Anyone who thinks Huard should start hasnt watched a minute of Spring practice. He’s not the guy for 2021 or 2022
  • Options
    edited April 2021

chuck said:

Sure, but he is not.
    It's pretty clear Huard starting this season isn't even a consideration anymore. Maybe it never was. U think he's been given full permission to air it out in practice and take his lumps as part of the learning process, rather than focusing on ball control, check downs, and safe throws. I like that tactic if that's intentional, but it's not the path to starting thus year.
    Yeah, he’s not starting. Browning was running #3 in Spring Ball, but he had bums in front of him. Both guys ahead of Huard are better than Lindquist and Carta Samuels. O’Brien and Carta Samuels are probably close, but O’Brien is 3 years older than Carta Samuels was at the time.

Huard will get better. He’s a student of the game and will work hard. Considering him the future when Morris is only a R-FR himself is strange.

I get that Huard was a 5 star, but Morris was a top 5 pro style QB himself in his class. He’s not playing until he’s clearly the better QB and there is a real chance that day never comes. If Morris plays well, he’s never coming out. Huard is JAG in the depth until proven otherwise, 5 star or not. Only one QB plays. QB’s bust all the time at a very high frequency.
    Miles was the starter in Spring, a game manager.
    Samuels, transferred at played well... Far from a bum

2018 (RS-Senior): Graduate transfer from Washington played in 10 games, starting the first 8, in his lone season at CSU ... completed 61.4% of his passes (183-298) for 2,261 yards and 19 touchdowns with 9 interceptions, with a long completion of 69 yards (to Preston Williams, vs. Hawai'i, 8/25) ... topped the 300-yard mark three times, including a school-record 537 yards on 34-50 passing (5 TDs/1 INT) in his the season opener, his first game as a Ram, vs. Hawai'i ... named to the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award watch list in preseason.

Passed for 537 yards and five touchdowns in season opener against Hawai'i (Aug. 25).
    Set the CSU record for most passing yards in a single game, and became the first CSU QB to throw for over 500 yards; 12th QB in CSU history to throw for at least 400 yards.
    Completed 7 of his first 8 pass attempts in game against Colorado (Sept. 1).
    Completed 32-of-47 passes for 389 yards and two touchdowns, with one interception, and completed a pass for a 2-point conversion in the win over Arkansas (Sept.8).
    Starting late in the third quarter, completed 14 consecutive passes and finished the game completing 17 of his final 19 attempts.
    Tossed a 48-yard TD to freshman tight end Trey McBride on the team’s opening drive of the second half at Florida (Sept. 15).
    Finished win at San Jose (Oct. 6) with 4 TD passes, marking his second game of season with at least 4 TDs, and the 14th time in program history for a QB to throw 4+ TD passes (second by Carta-Samuels)
    Punched in a 1-yard rushing touchdown, his first of the season, with 4:24 remaining in the first half of win over New Mexico (Oct. 13) ... second rushing TD of his collegiate career (had one as a redshirt-freshman at Washington in 2014).
    Connected with Preston Williams on a 47-yard TD pass with 0:02 remaining in the first half at Boise State (Oct. 19).
    Entered final game of the year, on Thanksgiving Day at Air Force (11/22) after Collin Hill was injured, and completed 6-of-9 for 89 yards, with a TD and an INT.
    Finishes collegiate career with all of his personal records broken at CSU.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,721
    Holy fuck all Cyler Miles medically retired from football between the time those takes were made and Browning winning the job in fall camp.

I know it was a hip but aren’t you our resident sports medicine expert? Shouldn’t you know these things?

If Dylan Morris tears his Achilles (he is Cyler in this tortured analogy of yours) then we can talk about Huard starting.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Holy fuck all Cyler Miles medically retired from football between the time those takes were made and Browning winning the job in fall camp.

I know it was a hip but aren’t you our resident sports medicine expert? Shouldn’t you know these things?

If Dylan Morris tears his Achilles (he is Cyler in this tortured analogy of yours) then we can talk about Huard starting.

Personally I think O'Brien will start. But the same cast of people... you... said the same shit about Browning in 2015... at that point in time, Miles had not retired Browning was not named the starter and KJ did not transfer until March. It was all speculation like it is now. Everyone in here is making speculation about who will start, when the fact is no body fucking knows. Just like nobody knew Browning would start. There’s an entire thread about it. Troy Williams was even in the mix at that point and time.

“ Washington Head Coach Chris Petersen lost a valuable.....Monday afternoon when the university announced junior Cyler Miles was retiring due to a long-standing hip injury.....June 23, 2015”
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Just for completeness.... because I said after his injury despite all the advanced biologics and therapy we have now, and his surgeon who was the team doctor for the Carolina Panthers was doing his surgery, that Jones would NEVER be the same again. I believe Bob (Robert Anderson) even wrote a paper on this surgery, and use of advanced biologics and percutaneous techniques using arthrex PARS. Although he doesn’t mention Jones by name, he does mention a high profile NFL rookie with an Achilles’ tendon rupture and repair. “

“Like Jones, Hicks had what is called “mini-open repair” surgery performed by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, North Carolina -- a less invasive procedure made possible by a device called a “jig” that allows doctors to put the sutures in place with minimal incisions.”

“On September 5, 2020, the Eagles waived Jones during final roster cuts after three seasons.

On September 8, 2020, the Jacksonville Jaguars signed Jones to their practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on September 14, 2020. In Week 5 against the Houston Texans, Jones recorded his first interception as a Jaguar off a pass thrown by Deshaun Watson during the 30–14 loss. He was placed on injured reserve on December 26, 2020.”
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,011
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was all on the DNC ISHIT now train. I think ‘22 will be speshul for Huard or not, things change.

The comment about him maybe never playing is stupid to me.

I’ll bite on that I guess- I wonder if he would stick around on the bench for two yrs waiting his turn...?

#ISHIT22
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I was all on the DNC ISHIT now train. I think ‘22 will be speshul for Huard or not, things change.

The comment about him maybe never playing is stupid to me.

I’ll bite on that I guess- I wonder if he would stick around on the bench for two yrs waiting his turn...?

#ISHIT22

I'M STILL ISHIT

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,721

Personally I think O'Brien will start. But the same cast of people... you... said the same shit about Browning in 2015... at that point in time, Miles had not retired Browning was not named the starter and KJ did not transfer until March. It was all speculation like it is now. Everyone in here is making speculation about who will start, when the fact is no body fucking knows. Just like nobody knew Browning would start. There’s an entire thread about it. Troy Williams was even in the mix at that point and time.

“ Washington Head Coach Chris Petersen lost a valuable.....Monday afternoon when the university announced junior Cyler Miles was retiring due to a long-standing hip injury.....June 23, 2015”
    Maybe I did I don't remember- but you haven't posted that take or any other take supporting your position here. In fact the two takes you posted are:

-chuck trying to carve out an optimistic scenario for KJCS starting which he couldn't even really get behind
    -Tommy Fremont (not me) using the correct logic that it was a wasted season but coming to the exact wrong conclusion for that logic.

Again- your analogy is terrible because in 2015 the returning starter (Miles) retired from football in the summer while in 2021 the returning starter is reportedly looking great.

And while stating that nobody knows and its all speculation you've actually given two different opinions about what should/will happen. So put it on the record- who is going to start next year in your opinion, O'Brien or Huard?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FireCohen said:

Am I crazy to think he is the best corner in uw history, dude has been crazy consistent even as freshman. Dude just does not panic
    He's going to be on the very short list for sure
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,647
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Please Mr Nega. Gain some perspective. Wr don't make decisions here and nobody who matters gives a fuck what I or any of you others think.

Of course it's speculation. We try to read situations, read between the lines, interpret empty coach speak, and elevate above speculation to theory, but it rarely works.

Huard said, apparently, that he wanted a RS year. From the sounds of things, that's where he's headed. Those are just the sounds I'm hearing though. I don't fucking know but I'm not afraid to take a stab. Being wrong is not going to bother me.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,180
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Anyone who thinks Huard should start hasnt watched a minute of Spring practice. He’s not the guy for 2021 or 2022

I was told 2021 would be speshul though
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

Am I crazy to think he is the best corner in uw history, dude has been crazy consistent even as freshman. Dude just does not panic
    Could end up being on the short list as was documented. Since trufant we have had a great run of corners and nickels. Hopefully he can play on a non shit husky team while he is here.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    FireCohen said:

Ray Horton