Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s not interesting at all. It was always naive to think he wouldn’t. What’s he going to do? Speak to businesses for the rest of his life?
    He is rich. He can do whatever the hell he wants and not worry about it. There is no way he wants to deal with boosters and sucking off teen boys vs colleges that pay their players. He doesn’t strike me as Dennis Erickson trying to coach from the grave either.
    He hates all the bullshit. He still wants to win at the highest level with OKG and would be considered for any job in the country if he’s interested.

He’s not old enough to retire. As the years go on, the more it eats him up.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seems like he just hated coaching at Washington.

Fuck him
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Pete will coach again, but not at a school like UW. It will be at either an absolute blue blood that recruits itself or a school like Boise where he can build the team the way he wants.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Pete will coach again, but not at a school like UW. It will be at either an absolute blue blood that recruits itself or a school like Boise where he can build the team the way he wants.

UC Davis/JC or he can go fuck himself. The stuff he hates would be worse at either of those options than at UW; unless by "like Boise" you mean a completely irrelevant program like Boise was before Dirk Koetter found it where they'd just be happy to have him there.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

UC Davis/JC or he can go fuck himself. The stuff he hates would be worse at either of those options than at UW; unless by "like Boise" you mean a completely irrelevant program like Boise was before Dirk Koetter found it where they'd just be happy to have him there.
    I'd be happy for him to take over for Brian Kelly. Or failing that, for Brian Kelly.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Emoterman said:

I'd be happy for him to take over for Brian Kelly. Or failing that, for Brian Kelly.
    Seriously?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Emoterman said:

Seriously?
    Does it matter?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just curious

I have a lot of @haie in my heart for Petersen

I'd hire Brian Kelly first

Then Brian Kelly
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I could see BAMA hiring him to prove all he was missing was that SEC Speed
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I think he’d corch at Stanfurd if they were interested
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Do we know if the opt outs (Kizer, Gilchrist, and T Davis) have indicated if they're coming back or not?

I don't see anything either way, but I could have missed it during the past month when I was paying no attention. They're not listed on the 2021 roster, but that doesn't appear to be very accurate at the moment.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    Woof said:

Do we know if the opt outs (Kizer, Gilchrist, and T Davis) have indicated if they're coming back or not?

I don't see anything either way, but I could have missed it during the past month when I was paying no attention. They're not listed on the 2021 roster, but that doesn't appear to be very accurate at the moment.

I cant imagine they are coming back. The best chance for playing time among the 3 would probably be Kizer who might get a few snaps as a backup FB
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Woof said:

I cant imagine they are coming back. The best chance for playing time among the 3 would probably be Kizer who might get a few snaps as a backup FB
    I'd take Kizer back. He's a great blocker and an explosive athlete that could surprise someone in a game for a big play. Gilchrist has had plenty of time to prove he's not a useful player. Davis never looked bad to me but was kind of a filler recruit. He probably can't compete with the other young WR and I assumed that played into sitting out the season.

My guess is that all three are gone.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Woof said:

I'd take Kizer back. He's a great blocker and an explosive athlete that could surprise someone in a game for a big play. Gilchrist has had plenty of time to prove he's not a useful player. Davis never looked bad to me but was kind of a filler recruit. He probably can't compete with the other young WR and I assumed that played into sitting out the season.

My guess is that all three are gone.
    I agree with everything but you left out the most obvious reason they’re not returning:

We’re full.
    Thanks taff