Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2021

The head coach at Washington is the guy Kwiatkowski volunteered to take a demotion for in order to keep him on staff. There is so much about that statement that clashes with the idea of him taking a big payday to work under a guy like Sark.

There's some dooging going on. I'll take 2016-17 K, the one that had studs on defense to the point where you could run pass defense 100% of the time.

We've never given up 35 points under K but running teams outside of those two years made him their bitch and never needed even close to 35 points to beat us convincingly.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,576 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

The head coach at Washington is the guy Kwiatkowski volunteered to take a demotion for in order to keep him on staff. There is so much about that statement that clashes with the idea of him taking a big payday to work under a guy like Sark.

There's some dooging going on. I'll take 2016-17 K, the one that had studs on defense to the point where you could run pass defense 100% of the time.

We've never given up 35 points under K but running teams outside of those two years made him their bitch and never needed even close to 35 points to beat us convincingly.
    For the reading comprehension impaired, I didn't state or imply an opinion as to whether Kwiatkowski leaving would be a bad thing for UW (although this is clearly the case). I strictly opined as to how silly this rumor seems on its surface. If thinking that a guy who has always valued fit over pay/prestige makes no sense at a place like Sark-run Texas is dooging... I guess I'm even more confused by what that term means now than I was five minutes ago.

haie said:

For the reading comprehension impaired, I didn't state or imply an opinion as to whether Kwiatkowski leaving would be a bad thing for UW (although this is clearly the case). I strictly opined as to how silly this rumor seems on its surface. If thinking that a guy who has always valued fit over pay/prestige makes no sense at a place like Sark-run Texas is dooging... I guess I'm even more confused by what that term means now than I was five minutes ago.
    Not with anything you said, just the general meltdown that's going on in all the doog channels.

I was thinking some time in between jenn throwing in the towel and UW becoming the worst college basketball team that I hoped the coaches would have a change of philosophy on defense. K going leaves no doubt that our staff looks middle of the road by even pac 12 standards now. But I don't want to watch that style of defense against Stanford, Cal, and Oregon anymore. They don't need to score 35 or more on us.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,829 Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

Not with anything you said, just the general meltdown that's going on in all the doog channels.

I was thinking some time in between jenn throwing in the towel and UW becoming the worst college basketball team that I hoped the coaches would have a change of philosophy on defense. K going leaves no doubt that our staff looks middle of the road by even pac 12 standards now. But I don't want to watch that style of defense against Stanford, Cal, and Oregon anymore. They don't need to score 35 or more on us.
    This is true. Be patient. Run hard, and often. Don’t throw deep. Just run 8-10 yard slant patters in front of the umbrella coverage. 15 play, 8 minute drives. Limit possessions. Win 27-21. Stanford, Colorado, Oregon and Utah did this to UW in recent years. ASU under Herm would have done this to UW. I’m just tired of the grinding drives that suck your will to live. As much as I like avoiding the plunger is there a way that the UW defense can dictate anything to the opposing offense? I feel the style of play was used to negatively recruit DEs because they were asked to just hold the edge more often than not and to a lesser degree DBs recently because they didn’t play a ton of press man to man. A happy medium would be great. Beating Stanford like every other team in the league would be a great start. Play soft against the Coug, play aggressive and in your face against the Tree. Jimmy will fuck this hire up and TSIO but not necessarily because PK has left.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,829 Founders Club

Its ok to give up 35 points if you score 56

Go ahead and gamble with pressure and one on one. If you get burned they score quick and you get the ball back

That is what Bama is these days.

Shit, I’d take 36. WOGTFO
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,869 Swaye's Wigwam

Go ahead and gamble with pressure and one on one. If you get burned they score quick and you get the ball back

So with Jondon’s O we’ll? Need to hold opponents to 14 points...

Let the misery continue.

I still like you guys, kinda, but no ballz is making things more depressing and my therapist says I need less depressing things in my life. Maybe I should check out the tug...?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club
    I'll trade being the darling of the numbers people for football players that make football plays

West coast blue chips ain't shit baby
    Hop Valley and Ninkasi suck ass.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,560 Standard Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwmfJ6rCz5M
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,165
    haie said:

Hop Valley and Ninkasi suck ass.

Not even a homer take. They're just shitty, over-hopped beers that any jackass could brew.