Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

No words. Just no fucking words in the world.

2»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

Terrible. But how does an 18 year old fatally shoots themselves on accident? Tragic, but damn, how reckless.

So fucking sad. Jesus.

There are thousands of noobs out there handling guns right now. Anyone over 21 with a clean record can walk in a gun store and walk out that day with a deadly weapon. Auto loading pistols take a week and auto loading rifles take a two week wait in washington. In each case all you have to present to show you're qualified is a hokey online certificate that you watched an introductory training video.

If you're not aware, retailers across the nation have little or no inventory of firearms and ammo and haven't since the pandemic started.

I'm making assumptions here that may be way off, but still...auto loading pistols shouldn't be fucked with by noobs. There are so many common and easy mistakes that can cause accidental firing. I actually know a former marine (a drill seargent) who, while cleaning his 9mm in his apartment, had it go off. With many semi-auto pistols you flip a lever then pull the trigger to start basic disassembly for cleaning. He forgot to make that one last check for a round in the chamber. Thjs was a well trained and experienced guy who had cleaned thst gun countless times before. The bullet went through two exterior walls and a floor and across a courtyard and, tragically, right through some woman's head as she slept in bed. He was discharged, lost his right to own guns, and gets to carry that with him forever.

Here's a pretty good video about common causes of accidental discharge by the best gun video guy on youtube. https://youtu.be/1DcsW2JfaQ8
    Are you suggesting we don’t have proper gun laws in this country? Take it to the Tug!!
    Nope. Walking a fine line here but no I'm not. I'm just saying that a fuck ton of people out there right now have possession of firearms that they don't have the training and experience to handle properly. I shudder to think of how many accidental firing incidents have happened since March. Fortunately most don't hit anything. Some do. This one feels more tragic than most.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Terrible. But how does an 18 year old fatally shoots themselves on accident? Tragic, but damn, how reckless.

Gotta run around with your ghetto friends and show off how gangsta you are.
    this reminds me of a post couple of years ago someone making fun of kid that drowned in lake or something
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,034
    This really sucks.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    FireCohen said:

this reminds me of a post couple of years ago someone making fun of kid that drowned in lake or something
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/787c4835-46da-4326-b868-736aa007c5d5
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:

No one would make fun of a drowning
    Someone did make a selling the couch reference in the title of thread
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,360 Swaye's Wigwam
    5 fucking months in SLC and he offs himself

LOLZ
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,010
    edited December 2020
    FIL is at the early stages of Alzheimers. When I said a few weeks back that I have an arsenal of weaponry in the house? I wasn't kidding. I do.

One of the very first things we all met and decided to do was get the guns out of the house.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,010
    chuck said:

MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

So fucking sad. Jesus.

There are thousands of noobs out there handling guns right now. Anyone over 21 with a clean record can walk in a gun store and walk out that day with a deadly weapon. Auto loading pistols take a week and auto loading rifles take a two week wait in washington. In each case all you have to present to show you're qualified is a hokey online certificate that you watched an introductory training video.

If you're not aware, retailers across the nation have little or no inventory of firearms and ammo and haven't since the pandemic started.

I'm making assumptions here that may be way off, but still...auto loading pistols shouldn't be fucked with by noobs. There are so many common and easy mistakes that can cause accidental firing. I actually know a former marine (a drill seargent) who, while cleaning his 9mm in his apartment, had it go off. With many semi-auto pistols you flip a lever then pull the trigger to start basic disassembly for cleaning. He forgot to make that one last check for a round in the chamber. Thjs was a well trained and experienced guy who had cleaned thst gun countless times before. The bullet went through two exterior walls and a floor and across a courtyard and, tragically, right through some woman's head as she slept in bed. He was discharged, lost his right to own guns, and gets to carry that with him forever.

Here's a pretty good video about common causes of accidental discharge by the best gun video guy on youtube. https://youtu.be/1DcsW2JfaQ8
    Are you suggesting we don’t have proper gun laws in this country? Take it to the Tug!!
    Nope. Walking a fine line here but no I'm not. I'm just saying that a fuck ton of people out there right now have possession of firearms that they don't have the training and experience to handle properly. I shudder to think of how many accidental firing incidents have happened since March. Fortunately most don't hit anything. Some do. This one feels more tragic than most.
    This should not be a controversial point at all. Reminds me of "arm all the teachers" and "what could go wrong?"