Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

No coming back from that retirement

Really poor taste on my part

Actually quiet clever. I can use it. Joe Williams FREE PUB!!!11!!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,361 Founders Club
    Damn that's terrible.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    18 yrs old ....
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Terrible. But how does an 18 year old fatally shoots themselves on accident? Tragic, but damn, how reckless.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    The fact that the mountain west media is giving the Kellen Moore rumors more play than this is fucking sickening.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,161
    89ute said:
    If not for bad luck that family would have absolutely no luck at all. JFC. Ts and Ps for real.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    saw the news and cried. and on christmas too. no words
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    Awful news for everyone. Sorry.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Jesus....wtf. So young too
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861

Terrible. But how does an 18 year old fatally shoots themselves on accident? Tragic, but damn, how reckless.

Gotta run around with your ghetto friends and show off how gangsta you are.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

No coming back from that retirement

Really poor taste on my part

indeed
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter
    Ffs that’s awful. Probably the best back in the conference next year if he wasn’t already.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,623 Standard Supporter
    Ugh. Tragic.

Reminds me of Sean Taylor. Experience a glimpse of greatness at a young age and expecting so much more. And then completely senselessly it’s gone.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

So fucking sad. Jesus.

There are thousands of noobs out there handling guns right now. Anyone over 21 with a clean record can walk in a gun store and walk out that day with a deadly weapon. Auto loading pistols take a week and auto loading rifles take a two week wait in washington. In each case all you have to present to show you're qualified is a hokey online certificate that you watched an introductory training video.

If you're not aware, retailers across the nation have little or no inventory of firearms and ammo and haven't since the pandemic started.

I'm making assumptions here that may be way off, but still...auto loading pistols shouldn't be fucked with by noobs. There are so many common and easy mistakes that can cause accidental firing. I actually know a former marine (a drill seargent) who, while cleaning his 9mm in his apartment, had it go off. With many semi-auto pistols you flip a lever then pull the trigger to start basic disassembly for cleaning. He forgot to make that one last check for a round in the chamber. Thjs was a well trained and experienced guy who had cleaned thst gun countless times before. The bullet went through two exterior walls and a floor and across a courtyard and, tragically, right through some woman's head as she slept in bed. He was discharged, lost his right to own guns, and gets to carry that with him forever.

Here's a pretty good video about common causes of accidental discharge by the best gun video guy on youtube. https://youtu.be/1DcsW2JfaQ8
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,072 Founders Club
    chuck said:

So fucking sad. Jesus.

There are thousands of noobs out there handling guns right now. Anyone over 21 with a clean record can walk in a gun store and walk out that day with a deadly weapon. Auto loading pistols take a week and auto loading rifles take a two week wait in washington. In each case all you have to present to show you're qualified is a hokey online certificate that you watched an introductory training video.

If you're not aware, retailers across the nation have little or no inventory of firearms and ammo and haven't since the pandemic started.

I'm making assumptions here that may be way off, but still...auto loading pistols shouldn't be fucked with by noobs. There are so many common and easy mistakes that can cause accidental firing. I actually know a former marine (a drill seargent) who, while cleaning his 9mm in his apartment, had it go off. With many semi-auto pistols you flip a lever then pull the trigger to start basic disassembly for cleaning. He forgot to make that one last check for a round in the chamber. Thjs was a well trained and experienced guy who had cleaned thst gun countless times before. The bullet went through two exterior walls and a floor and across a courtyard and, tragically, right through some woman's head as she slept in bed. He was discharged, lost his right to own guns, and gets to carry that with him forever.

Here's a pretty good video about common causes of accidental discharge by the best gun video guy on youtube. https://youtu.be/1DcsW2JfaQ8
    Love me some Paul. He’s such a geek but very solid.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

So fucking sad. Jesus.

Love me some Paul. He’s such a geek but very solid.
    He is one of the most effective, likable presenters I've ever seen on any topic. I only have actual interest in like 10 topics on his channel, but I think I've seen every video on there. Some more than once.

You might have seen the two long ones he posted with advice for first time, pandemic gun buyers. It pointed out a pretty scary reality to me. A lot of decent but ignorant people out there with guns right now shouldn't have them.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,555 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

So fucking sad. Jesus.

Are you suggesting we don’t have proper gun laws in this country? Take it to the Tug!!