Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Glad he is leaving
  • KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 337
    FireCohen said:

Glad he is leaving

He’s just going to be replaced by another beta dwag
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    I don't think he is ready for the NFL... he has potential, should come back for another year to develop his awareness of where the ball is while the ball is in the air. We do have guys to step in, guys that would have split time with him this year if this was a normal year.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112

I don't think he is ready for the NFL... he has potential, should come back for another year to develop his awareness of where the ball is while the ball is in the air. We do have guys to step in, guys that would have split time with him this year if this was a normal year.

He's been ok but I dont think he's had an int in his entire time at UW. Of our starting CBs since the Pete era began, he's probably the least-accomplished. There shouldn't be too much of a drop off (if any) between KT and the guy who will replace him
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Lotta weird KT hate in this thread. He’s a player. He’ll play on Sundays.

I certainly don't hate him. I just disliked the tweet and found it symbolic of a bigger problem. But I certainly wish him well.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,182
    I hate him because he was so massively overhyped by many on this board. Dude is a 4th rounder at best. He didn't make many plays on the field.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,941 Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

I like him. That tweet really rubbed some people wrong and I get why. He's just a dumb kid who thinks he's supposed to behave in a certain way and acted on it. You can't take dumb statements back with the internet.

It's striking that he has never made a pick. For what it's worth,, he has almost always graded out well in coverage when playing outside though, and for stretches has graded out as elite. He hasn't been there for a while, but he has that kind of talent. He'll get drafted.
    edited December 2020
    Dude has Kevin king level talent just does not have it mentally
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    TTJ said:

Maybe for a little bit. I won’t be shocked if he doesn’t play at all or only for a season either.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    He’s definitely the first of the DB’s who has come out early from UW lately where I’m like ehhhhh, another year at UW would probably be better for him. I think he gets drafted, he could go on to have a long successful career but it wouldn’t surprise me if ends up with a Jordan Miller trajectory, who might be out of the league for good already.

He’s definitely the first of the DB’s who has come out early from UW lately where I’m like ehhhhh, another year at UW would probably be better for him. I think he gets drafted, he could go on to have a long successful career but it wouldn’t surprise me if ends up with a Jordan Miller trajectory, who might be out of the league for good already.

miller should have been redshirted, but he was way better player than talor
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I don't know if I've ever seen a player give up as many plays while being in perfect coverage as Keith Taylor. Really an incredibly unlucky player with a knack for somehow not making a big play.

Agree. Hard to see that getting better in the NFL. Talented DB’s play for awhile. It’s hard to know where Taylor fits in.

I would guess he won’t last long, but maybe he will. Ewiwbi.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,527 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't know if I've ever seen a player give up as many plays while being in perfect coverage as Keith Taylor. Really an incredibly unlucky player with a knack for somehow not making a big play.

Was going to say the same thing. Plus length and athleticism puts him in-stride with receivers more often than not, yet his whole career he's been picked on by perfectly placed balls to well covered receivers.

I'm over the tweet. I hated it with every fiber in my being, but it's a dick move to stay mad at somebody forever for the crime of being inappropriately nice. He was good, I wish him well, the skwaad will survive just fine moving forward.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,363
    Imagine that....another player that *should stay one more year leaves for the NFL. The NFL apparently takes players on loose potential and we* sell the program on player development and being drafted. The two apparently don't align with winning alot of big football gaymes

KT was ok

JAG by most recent UW DB standards
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

TTJ said:

I certainly don't hate him. I just disliked the tweet and found it symbolic of a bigger problem. But I certainly wish him well.
    After re-reading Taylor’s tweet, I don’t have the slightest fucking idea what you’re butthurt about. This kid committed early, played his ass off for UW, and will continue UW’s legacy of placing DBs in the League. What’s not to like?