Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Bow Down to Oregon

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
What a journey it has been, huh? From being rich, cool and 3-0, to getting embarrassed by Stanford and watching Oregon take UW's spot in the Pac-12 Championship and beating USC... Going forward, is Washington's future bright? Or has UW become Minnesota? Derek and Doogles discuss.

Available on 8 platforms.

https://anchor.fm/hardcorehusky/episodes/Bow-Down-to-Oregon-eo2i65

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

Nice job. I couldn’t agree with @Doogles more - next year we? have to win the PAC 12 title next year. I’d forgive the program for all its missteps this year if they can do that.

Thank you again for podding. I’ve really enjoyed hearing you both this year.

Thanks for reading listening. ;) <------- $75k
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    Good pod, pods
  • ForeskinWalletDawgForeskinWalletDawg Member Posts: 238
    I didn’t get a shout out
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter

Instead we get #repthenorth and #scoducks because we are taking the post season off guys. Seriously, can you imagine Russell Wilson telling the Rams #repthewest? This shit is so disgusting I'd take Browning's shit eating laugh after missing a field goal back in a heartbeat. At least that's giving a fuck.

TLDR FYFMFE TPIO

I could TOTALLY see @Bedroom_Russ doing something like that.

But otherwise top notch poast @UW_Doog_Bot.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

Listened today. Good stuff but there were 2 errors. Since the 2000 season, UW has a Holiday, Heart of Dallas and Las Vegas bowels. I can’t remember the other thing that was wrong.

That's right Tui won a bowl
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000

I haven't ever been this angry at the program and I lived through Owen my senior year.

The apparent apathy on the part of everyone in the organization from top to bottom over all of the events of the last month has me legitimately questioning, "Why give a shit, no one involved does."

Instead everyone seems to be content to shrug and applaud as Oregon takes a victory lap. Why did we play a season at all if it's player safety? Since we did play, what was the point if you didn't care about the outcome?

You seem to be about where I was on Nov 11, 2006. I haven't been back to a game or given the program a dime since. Thought I'd finally make it back for Michigan. Fuck.
    Now I am not recommending you follow my path, but JFC this program really needs to stop stepping on their own dick and actually put forth the same effort that they seem to be demanding from the fans.
    ...They sure as hell have not been "ALL IN" so why should the fanbase be?

PS - thanks for podding, pods.

I haven't ever been this angry at the program and I lived through Owen my senior year.

The apparent apathy on the part of everyone in the organization from top to bottom over all of the events of the last month has me legitimately questioning, "Why give a shit, no one involved does."

Instead everyone seems to be content to shrug and applaud as Oregon takes a victory lap. Why did we play a season at all if it's player safety? Since we did play, what was the point if you didn't care about the outcome?

You seem to be about where I was on Nov 11, 2006. I haven't been back to a game or given the program a dime since. Thought I'd finally make it back for Michigan. Fuck.
    Now I am not recommending you follow my path, but JFC this program really needs to stop stepping on their own dick and actually put forth the same effort that they seem to be demanding from the fans.
    ...They sure as hell have not been "ALL IN" so why should the fanbase be?

PS - thanks for podding, pods.
    Always love to pod for our pods
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,697 Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    So there is a movie called United which tells the story of Manchester United and what it means and the mindset that it takes to be number 1

That is the subject that die hard HCH folks are talking about and you are speaking my language

It all boils down to the attitude of I’m going to win, I’m going to do EverYthing it takes to win, no matter what it takes, I’m going to win and be number 1.

no bluster just raw determination and the actions that tell the world and everyone involved that you are number 1, and you are going to be number 1.

dominance. I don’t know about you, but that is not what I am seeing; and that is what is missing

And while I do think that there is no substitute for good manners, this isn’t about that; it’s about doing everything you need to to be number 1 which is different than being an upper quartile winner
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,697 Founders Club
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter

Manchester United; cool fucking team. ;)

J?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Did I get a shout out?