Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ahmed haters

13»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

@creepycoug is shaking and vomiting!

HOF.

If he has a career, and it's a bit early for that, let's revisit. Until then, he sucked like a donkey at UW. Maybe he just didn't care and wanted to save himself for the NFL. Sounds like your kinda guy Fudgie.
    He was a 1,000 yard back running behind a putrid offensive line! Quit moving the goalposts old man!
    He didn't suck and the OL wasn't putrid
  • I always thought he was good but our scheme wasn't taking advantage of his strengths.

As usual with Pete.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    edited December 2020

YouTube highlight reels are a great way to watch a game in 12 minutes, and I've been watching the Dolphins out of the corner of my eye when Husky running backs have been healthy, this last game being no exception. With that out of the way, I present to you Ahmed's first appearance in last game's highlight reel:

funny... quite a play. It almost looks like he helps throw the QB to the ground.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985
    Ahmed was like a Taj Griffin in college. Get the ball and dance toward the sideline.

You either teach away from that, or scheme towards it.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,531 Standard Supporter

I'm trying to figure out how Dee Brown transitioned to being Salvon's Ahmed's grandma.

Strange times....

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717

YouTube highlight reels are a great way to watch a game in 12 minutes, and I've been watching the Dolphins out of the corner of my eye when Husky running backs have been healthy, this last game being no exception. With that out of the way, I present to you Ahmed's first appearance in last game's highlight reel:

funny... quite a play. It almost looks like he helps throw the QB to the ground.
    This is why he won't be taking snaps from Myles when he gets back. AKA the most reliable and assignment sound running back ever.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I'm trying to figure out how Dee Brown transitioned to being Salvon's Ahmed's grandma.

Strange times....

Tuns out Dee Brown spent a lot of tim with Larry Johnson.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

This is why he won't be taking snaps from Myles when he gets back. AKA the most reliable and assignment sound running back ever.
    Yes he will. Sometimes the board’s love for Myles skews reality. This was a better game rushing than Myles has had all season.

He’s ran it better than Gaskin. That’s fact. I think they will both play.

Yes he will. Sometimes the board’s love for Myles skews reality. This was a better game rushing than Myles has had all season.

I didn't say Ahmed wouldn't play I said he wouldn't take carries from Myles.

Myles had a 90 yard rush game a couple weeks ago before covid sideline. Add to that 50 receiving yards in the same game, which is more overall productivity than Ahmed yesterday. Then factor in the better blocking Myles provides.

It's the NFL so a well-rounded and pass catching back is highly valued. They can be a nice duo.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    edited December 2020
    This topic is a bloody stump.

What people are forgetting about is the origin of the topic. And that origin was creepy saying that Washington would miss Gaskin, and Fudgie responding to creepy with his now legendary "Ahmed is elite. lol."

It is beyond clear that I was right and that Ahmed did not make anyone forget about a 4-year 1,000 yd. rusher at Washington.

If he winds up having even a decent career in the NFL, and doesn't turn into a Duke Johnson, then good for him, but it won't change anything about his days as a Husky. He was asked to run between the tackles and he couldn't. Myles could. Period.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    It always amazed me as a kid when my dad would point out that Big Ben Davidson basically sucked at UW

Bump.

I didn't say Ahmed wouldn't play I said he wouldn't take carries from Myles.

Myles had a 90 yard rush game a couple weeks ago before covid sideline. Add to that 50 receiving yards in the same game, which is more overall productivity than Ahmed yesterday. Then factor in the better blocking Myles provides.

It's the NFL so a well-rounded and pass catching back is highly valued. They can be a nice duo.

Bump.

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Some guys figure it out in the NFL despite being meh in college. Marvin Hall. Corey Littleton. Marcel Reece.

Good for him

The quintessential example of this was Harald Hasselbach, an undrafted UW reserve defensive end in the late 80s who went on to win a Grey Cup and two Superb Owls.