Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

And she fishes

2»

Comments

• HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    dflea said:

Yella doesn't just hand out bottles of scotch to any faggot that comes along you know.

We all know you are “special”...no worries there...
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    dflea said:

Yella doesn't just hand out bottles of scotch to any faggot that comes along you know.

He wanted to see a steelhead, so I took him on a date up to the wild and scenic Queets river and brought a feisty, chrome wild steelhead to hand so he could give it the eyeball test. A couple fly guys in rafts floated right over the top of it as they went by before I got there. They should have casted.

Once you catch a steelhead, it's hard to go back to lesser fish like trout, or worse, ditch pickles. Don't get me wrong - I'll fish for anything, but I'll put real effort into catching steelhead. I'm scheming on a Deschutes river summer run trip this summer to try to get Yella a steelhead. Hopefully a decent run materializes.

I thought a steelhead was a fucking trout.

I can't keep up
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club

dflea said:

He wanted to see a steelhead, so I took him on a date up to the wild and scenic Queets river and brought a feisty, chrome wild steelhead to hand so he could give it the eyeball test. A couple fly guys in rafts floated right over the top of it as they went by before I got there. They should have casted.

Once you catch a steelhead, it's hard to go back to lesser fish like trout, or worse, ditch pickles. Don't get me wrong - I'll fish for anything, but I'll put real effort into catching steelhead. I'm scheming on a Deschutes river summer run trip this summer to try to get Yella a steelhead. Hopefully a decent run materializes.

I can't keep up
    I still don't know shit about fishing or guns despite spending way too much time in the Tug Toilet. I fished once and went to a gun range once in like 1999. I'm still more masculine than 95% of the cucks under 45 who live in Shitattle though.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,088 Standard Supporter

dflea said:

I can't keep up
    I still don't know shit about fishing or guns despite spending way too much time in the Tug Toilet. I fished once and went to a gun range once in like 1999. I'm still more masculine than 95% of the cucks under 45 who live in Shitattle though.
    Citizens own arms. Subjects do not. Get moving.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    dflea said:

dflea said:

I can't keep up
    They are rainbow trout. But they're sea-run trout that go out to the ocean for 2-3 years to take roids and come back weighing anywhere from 5-6 pounds all the way up to 20+ pounds. The first winter run fish are hitting the rivers now and will keep coming in until the rivers close at the end of March.

I was going to get up early and go try to catch one this morning - but then I decided to sleep in and go get loco moco for breakfast instead.
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2dc14f98-62e9-4563-9188-ab40849f7416
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited December 2020

dflea said:

I can't keep up
    A steelhead is a trout. We call them rainbow trout when river flyfishing in Montana but they are smaller than coastal steelheads.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    edited December 2020

dflea said:

I can't keep up
    A steelhead is a trout. We call them rainbow trout when river flyfishing in Montana but they are smaller than coastal steelheads.
    That's because they are rainbow trout in Montana. A rainbow trout is only a steelhead if it goes to the ocean. Steelhead are All-American grade FBS players, Montana rainbows are borderline FCS players.

Rainbows and steelhead will hatch from the same redd. Some of them residualize and become resident rainbows, and some head to the ocean and become anadromous steelhead. It's an insurance policy for when things go sideways either in the stream or in the ocean.

Catch a steelhead, and then catching a resident rainbow just comes up short - even a big one. They'll ruin you. You'll spend all your time and money chasing after the fuckers, and other shit you do will get neglected and set aside. I caught my first steelhead in the creek behind our house when I was 7, and I have chased them all over the northwest and into Canada since then.

I'm scheming up a plan now for Christmas morning. Easily the best fishing morning of the year - the rivers will be barren of other anglers, and there should be fish in about a dozen different rivers with a couple hours of home. Just have to pick a river and which rod to use.

Merry Christmas, you Tug fuckheads! I hope you catch a steelhead over the Christmas break, but even if you don't, I hope you get some quality time with your families and loved ones.

Cheers!

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    dflea said:

dflea said:

I can't keep up
    That's because they are rainbow trout in Montana. A rainbow trout is only a steelhead if it goes to the ocean. Steelhead are All-American grade FBS players, Montana rainbows are borderline FCS players.

Rainbows and steelhead will hatch from the same redd. Some of them residualize and become resident rainbows, and some head to the ocean and become anadromous steelhead. It's an insurance policy for when things go sideways either in the stream or in the ocean.

Catch a steelhead, and then catching a resident rainbow just comes up short - even a big one. They'll ruin you. You'll spend all your time and money chasing after the fuckers, and other shit you do will get neglected and set aside. I caught my first steelhead in the creek behind our house when I was 7, and I have chased them all over the northwest and into Canada since then.

I'm scheming up a plan now for Christmas morning. Easily the best fishing morning of the year - the rivers will be barren of other anglers, and there should be fish in about a dozen different rivers with a couple hours of home. Just have to pick a river and which rod to use.

Merry Christmas, you Tug fuckheads! I hope you catch a steelhead over the Christmas break, but even if you don't, I hope you get some quality time with your families and loved ones.

Cheers!

Oh, I know the difference. Lower Deschutes is unique in that it has both in the summer.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    Fascinating angler stuff. Can we get back to boobs and hot milf governors now?