Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2021 Signing Day Thread

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,541 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    At least we got #MyHeims

Dude's gonna substitute a boot for roids in Denny Hall and harvest quook and cuoglet tears in a few seasons.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,138 Swaye's Wigwam

Doog take: I haven't followed the class that closely this year, and I'm not suicidal over a perceived lack of quality. Not after last season completely broke me.

Maybe I've got the numbers wrong, but my perception is that the higher the "blue chip ratio" got, the shittier the team's play and record, ending in last season's 4-5 dumpster fire with the highest blue chip ratio in the conference, a 5-star quarterback, and finally fewer "3-star weaklings" like BBK starting. It left me wondering if the SOC program was broken, as it sure looked like nobody was getting any better/stronger than they were the day they stepped on campus.

So fuck it. I don't care who they were going to get if those kids aren't going to be developed into big time players anyway. I'll take 12 Greg Gaineses if that's on the menu.

To me, it always came down to those few in-state (in this class) elite kids who are can't-miss difference makers. Egbuka and JTT were this class's Budda or Byron Murphy or John Ross, guys who can singlehandedly turn a game by making an elite play. Everything below those kinds of difference-makers seems to be more dependent on coaching and development than initial ranking.

So no JTT and Egbuka, and I'm just struggling to care about today. The rest will either develop into elite players (Gaines, BBK, Jones, etc.) or they won't, but it won't matter one bit without a few game-breaking players mixed in when facing a roster in the postseason that's full of Egbukas and JTTs.

I mean fuck's sake, we had 43 four/five star kids "in progress" on the roster this year. More than Oregon or USC. We're still gonna be well over 50% 4/5 stars for the foreseeable future. Go out and win some fucking ball games Jimmy or fuck.

If we just get this recruit or that recruit...blah, blah, blah.

I'm sure glad we got ZTF and Ulofoshio, the "must gets" everyone told us about. Losing Kaho really devastated the program.
    Heims is the Tryon/ZTF of this class.

Voi could potentially be Greg Gaines with super high end athleticism.
    Voi is AARON DONALD.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Doog take: I haven't followed the class that closely this year, and I'm not suicidal over a perceived lack of quality. Not after last season completely broke me.

Maybe I've got the numbers wrong, but my perception is that the higher the "blue chip ratio" got, the shittier the team's play and record, ending in last season's 4-5 dumpster fire with the highest blue chip ratio in the conference, a 5-star quarterback, and finally fewer "3-star weaklings" like BBK starting. It left me wondering if the SOC program was broken, as it sure looked like nobody was getting any better/stronger than they were the day they stepped on campus.

So fuck it. I don't care who they were going to get if those kids aren't going to be developed into big time players anyway. I'll take 12 Greg Gaineses if that's on the menu.

To me, it always came down to those few in-state (in this class) elite kids who are can't-miss difference makers. Egbuka and JTT were this class's Budda or Byron Murphy or John Ross, guys who can singlehandedly turn a game by making an elite play. Everything below those kinds of difference-makers seems to be more dependent on coaching and development than initial ranking.

So no JTT and Egbuka, and I'm just struggling to care about today. The rest will either develop into elite players (Gaines, BBK, Jones, etc.) or they won't, but it won't matter one bit without a few game-breaking players mixed in when facing a roster in the postseason that's full of Egbukas and JTTs.

I mean fuck's sake, we had 43 four/five star kids "in progress" on the roster this year. More than Oregon or USC. We're still gonna be well over 50% 4/5 stars for the foreseeable future. Go out and win some fucking ball games Jimmy or fuck.

I'm sure glad we got ZTF and Ulofoshio, the "must gets" everyone told us about. Losing Kaho really devastated the program.

Voi is AARON DONALD.
    Delete your account

Voi is AARON DONALD.
    Delete your account

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    I hope he turns into half the player of AD.

I hope he turns into half the player of AD.

Obviously he's not Aaron Donald, but I do see similarities in their size and their game. Voi has some serious athleticism. I love him.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,964 Founders Club

Voi is AARON DONALD.
    Delete your account

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,620 Founders Club
    We are getting a Nebraska classy walk on program
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,007
    “coach’s”
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,007
    I think Jimmy, like Sark and like Willie, is a better salesman than he is a coach. Willie stayed one move ahead of the bill collectors until it finally caught up with him in Tally.

Sark flames out when he drank himself out of the position at USC.

Jimmy is young and isn’t quite ready for the big boy chair. I truly feel that HC is something you almost have to fail at a little before you can succeed somewhere else...and that’s for the talented coaches. The dime/dozen shitbirds like Sark, Willie T and Kevin Sumlin will drag 7-8 wins with them no matter how experienced they get.

What I’m trying to say is that Pete wasn’t perfect, but trading him out for Instagram coaches like Jimmy will prove to be a huge net loss, over time.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    thechatch said:

I think Jimmy, like Sark and like Willie, is a better salesman than he is a coach. Willie stayed one move ahead of the bill collectors until it finally caught up with him in Tally.

Sark flames out when he drank himself out of the position at USC.

Jimmy is young and isn’t quite ready for the big boy chair. I truly feel that HC is something you almost have to fail at a little before you can succeed somewhere else...and that’s for the talented coaches. The dime/dozen shitbirds like Sark, Willie T and Kevin Sumlin will drag 7-8 wins with them no matter how experienced they get.

What I’m trying to say is that Pete wasn’t perfect, but trading him out for Instagram coaches like Jimmy will prove to be a huge net loss, over time.

More sizzle than steak only goes unnoticed for so long.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,308
    Some positive news, looks like we may be getting a really good PWO, CB'd to UW
    https://247sports.com/Player/Milton-Hopkins-46043058/

Played QB at O'Dea because he's their best athlete, but he's a LB or TE. Getting 6'5 220 athletes to walk on is pretty cool