Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Former Cuomo adviser accuses governor of sexual harassment

2»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,955
    edited December 2020

MelloDawg said:

I know the point of this thread is to call out liberal hypocrisy in sexual assault claims, but the people making the arguments are so fun to read.

The point of this thread is to inform people that Cuomo has an accuser. The dumbasses who watch only CNN and MSNBC will never hear of it.
    Well, among others, it's been picked up in Newsweek, NBC News, Huffpost and the NY Times:

And it's a liberal nobody accusing a luminary in liberal circles who has big political aspirations. Not sure anybody is protecting anybody.
    Cuomo must have asked for a raise from the Chinese Overlords.

He's toast.

My only point is that big media conspiracy could use a break once in a while. Cuomo is a darling of the left and no doubt "they" were hatching big plans for him well beyond AG.

NYT apparently didn't get the memo.
    NYY can say they reported it. Now the character assassination on the accuser begins. NYT was the one who “debunked” Tara Reade’s claims. How? Because they said so. Easy as that for Leftist Propaganda.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/politics/tara-reade-joe-biden.html

I know there are other NYT pieces on this. If another one "debunked" her, then I'll stand corrected. But this incredibly long piece, on the whole, comes across as in-depth reporting. It's a fucking War and Peace article, so admittedly I didn't read every single line. But what I read seemed mostly balanced with an unmistakable hint of skepticism. So that's fair. But it wasn't a hit job. And if 1/2 is true, her credibility is less than perfect.

That said, I have 3 daughters who I would not want working around Biden. Maybe now because he's old and frail, but at the height of his career no way. I absolutely believe he is an amoral man every bit as much I believe Trump is ... maybe more so.

But the point was the NY Times. In that respect, there is ample content in that article that is helpful to her position.

And, on the larger liberal conspiracy point, the article points out that Rose McGowan has been a supporter of Reade's. That is to say,the left isn't as aligned on everything as the Tug tends to suggest.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,955

According to the new feminism "your looking nice today" is the moral equivalent of rape. This isn't vaginal penetration which is alleged against Biden. The MSM didn't give a phuck about that. When a strong feminist woman complains about sexual harassment for years then you know that "strong" isn't the proper adjective.

Not sure you're going to find a lot of feminists who agree with this take.
    Uh Camille Paglia and then who? I'm talking professional feminists not feminists like my wife who just wants women to have an even shot and not be subject to real harassment. Boylan is free to tell us exactly what she is talking about but so far I'm getting "you look nice today". I agree that they are on this case with Cuomo. It sounds like you agree that they pretty much ignored the Biden case.
    Are you saying Camille Paglia is the only "professional" feminist (which I assume to mean academic) who doesn't equate "you like nice today" to the moral equivalent of rape? If you are, let's just cut this short and agree to disagree. There are wingnuts out there but come on. That's hardly a repsresentative point of view even among feminists. I'll grant you they don't like it and find it to be problematic on many levels, but compliments = physical rape doesn't jibe with reality.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,010 Standard Supporter
    Creepy you need to get out more. Any comments about a female's appearance is now considered verboten by the professional feminist army. You should attend a employer sponsored sexual harassment course.

If I mention barry's wife, Lt. Worf I get worked over by leftards. You wonder why Tulsi made no head way with the left? One big reason is that she is attractive. That's a no no to the professional feminists. I will let you in on a little secret. A large percentage of the professional feminist are lesbians. They hate men and any woman who is with a man is betraying her sex.

With the left, everything is literally Hitler. Of course is isn't physical rape. Or even the threat of physical rape. Or even any impact on employment. But leftards have no rational filter and just go straight to 11. These same sniveling scared feminists then say these same women in combat. Give them their safe space and get them the hell out of making rules for the rest of us.

• USMChawkUSMChawk Member Posts: 1,796

Creepy you need to get out more. Any comments about a female's appearance is now considered verboten by the professional feminist army. You should attend a employer sponsored sexual harassment course.

If I mention barry's wife, Lt. Worf I get worked over by leftards. You wonder why Tulsi made no head way with the left? One big reason is that she is attractive. That's a no no to the professional feminists. I will let you in on a little secret. A large percentage of the professional feminist are lesbians. They hate men and any woman who is with a man is betraying her sex.

With the left, everything is literally Hitler. Of course is isn't physical rape. Or even the threat of physical rape. Or even any impact on employment. But leftards have no rational filter and just go straight to 11. These same sniveling scared feminists then say these same women in combat. Give them their safe space and get them the hell out of making rules for the rest of us.

Chinned for Lt. Worf
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Story has vanished from the Democrat Media, as I said it would.