Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cristobal spotted at Auburn airport

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Gus got 8 mediocre years

Getting to the natty in year 1 buys you some more mediocrity.
    No, not really, especially when you lost said natty.

Travel around in the southeastern US some time and get some perspective. It's not the west coast. At. All.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gus got 8 mediocre years

Travel around in the southeastern US some time and get some perspective. It's not the west coast. At. All.
    I have and I much prefer living on the West Coast. Cristobal is on a lowball contract right now and could easily negotiate for more soon.

He probably leaves because he's from the southeast. It makes sense.

He's also probably going to get fired there after 3 years
  • Options
    Founders Club

Gus got 8 mediocre years

I have and I much prefer living on the West Coast. Cristobal is on a lowball contract right now and could easily negotiate for more soon.

If Cristobal has any aspirations for coaching at a higher level than Oregon, he should absolutely take the Auburn job if offered. Oregon's season this year was supposed to be an absolute cakewalk (i believe ESPN had it as a >50% probability that Oregon would go undefeated with what they had returning compared to the rest of the league). He lost to the fucking Beav and a winless Cal and almost lost to a UCLA team with their backup QB. Had he not gotten an absolute gift of Herbert inexplicably returning for his senior year in a woeful Pac-12, he wouldn't be on any team's coaching hire list.

Tyler Shough is clearly not who they thought he was going to be. Many Oregon fans are already saying that the true freshman coming in next year will need to take the QB job. Thibedeaux has been ok, but thats a disappointment considering how highly he was touted. If Verdell leaves, their RB situation is not looking great.

Point is, this year was a huge disappointment for Cristobal and if he wants to coach in the SEC, this could be the only offer he gets.
    Yup. He should take the job.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We can only DREAM of having a coach who would hire hookers for himself/players/recruits.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Pac12 is lucky Auburn wasn't hungry for some Clay Helton
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Gus got 8 mediocre years

Point is, this year was a huge disappointment for Cristobal and if he wants to coach in the SEC, this could be the only offer he gets.
    As is the normal case around here as it relates to Oregon, there's some truth in your doog hyperbole

I don't recall many people, especially here, predicting big things for Oregon this year. Something about a new QB and "their whole offensive line!". It turns out the D has been hugely disappointing. They miss Troy Dye badly as I said they would, and some guys who were good last year have played badly this year.

Overall, though, one of the issues that was in fact predicted to be an issue is in fact an issue: their new QB turns the ball over in critical situations. But "huge disappointment", especially in the context of this season, is a bit dramatic. They could just as easily be 5-0 as UW could be 1-4. It's all how you want to spin it.

Put it this way: Oregon would be retarded to not try and keep him based on recruiting chops alone.
  • Options

He only did it with Gene Chizlick's players!!!!!!

Nah, that one guy was long gone buy the tim Malzone showed up.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2020

Gus got 8 mediocre years

As is the normal case around here as it relates to Oregon, there's some truth in your doog hyperbole

I don't recall many people, especially here, predicting big things for Oregon this year. Something about a new QB and "their whole offensive line!". It turns out the D has been hugely disappointing. They miss Troy Dye badly as I said they would, and some guys who were good last year have played badly this year.

Overall, though, one of the issues that was in fact predicted to be an issue is in fact an issue: their new QB turns the ball over in critical situations. But "huge disappointment", especially in the context of this season, is a bit dramatic. They could just as easily be 5-0 as UW could be 1-4. It's all how you want to spin it.

Put it this way: Oregon would be retarded to not try and keep him based on recruiting chops alone.

What you say it true but also they’re 3-2 and UW is 3-1* UW’s record is flattering to say the least but Oregon shit the bed. They haven’t looked as focused as last year since the first snap this season nor like they give much of a shit at this point which is always my #1 judgment of a head coach.

It’s why I instantly hated Helfrich. You could see it falling apart as each week went on. Allioti chirping at WSU in the paper and DAT saying he “didn’t wanna play in no Rose Bowl” after the playoff was out of reach.

This year is fucked up on every level so I’m still camp Mario but I’m far from convinced he’s a good game day or week to week head coach.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,892
    Founders Club

Gus got 8 mediocre years

They still beat us
  • Options
    Founders Club

A 3-5 auburn team beat the pac12 champ.

For good measure the following year a 5-3 auburn team beat the pac12 champ.

This conference is soft as hell.

UW is soft as hell to agree to play that game in Atlanta like it's Boise State.

Home and home or fuck off.

We would beat most SEC teams at home in the rain and wind
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    Cristobal is getting started here. If he lands another top 10 class, it will turn into a cakewalk. He has a better shot at the playoffs at Oregon. It’s once he gets there.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    That was the Taggart talk.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

lawsandl said:

Cristobal is getting started here. If he lands another top 10 class, it will turn into a cakewalk. He has a better shot at the playoffs at Oregon. It’s once he gets there.

Tell me about all the DTs he's recruited to help beat OSU and Cal
    Just needs more tim to get his guys in there.