Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The dazzler's approach to advocating for higher taxes - There for other people

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,010 Standard Supporter
So Bob Dylan is selling his catalog for $300 million and closing the deal in 2020 with the federal capital gains tax at 20%. Biden and the dems want the rate to go to at least 39.6% Reminds me of both Al Gore selling his cable network and George Lucas selling the Star Wars catalog and beating capital gain increases.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,529 Standard Supporter

So Bob Dylan is selling his catalog for $300 million and closing the deal in 2020 with the federal capital gains tax at 20%. Biden and the dems want the rate to go to at least 39.6% Reminds me of both Al Gore selling his cable network and George Lucas selling the Star Wars catalog and beating capital gain increases.

So Bob Dylan is on the commie insider payroll, too, and is cashing in before the new tax rates hit normal people?

Sounds about right.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    I’m sure no one will sell a capital asset for gain ever again. Sad.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    Dazzler's approach to everything is just to lie about it.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,010 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

The dazzler loves hypocrisy. As long as it is on the left.
    edited December 2020

SFGbob said:

Prospective changes to tax rates produce incentives? Who knew?
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

One they've already paid taxes on owning year after year after year.
    RoadTrip said:

HHusky said:

You pay taxes on unrealized gains every year? I think you need a new accountant.
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

The fact that increasing taxes on private sector activity reduces private sector activity is still phu*cking news to leftards. The fact that you are a phu*cking ignorant hypocrite is not news.
    HHusky said:

RoadTrip said:

HHusky said:

You pay taxes on unrealized gains every year? I think you need a new accountant.
    What you do pay is capital gains tax on each year's inflation.

HHusky said:

RoadTrip said:

HHusky said:

What you do pay is capital gains tax on each year's inflation.
    appreciation = inflation?

Disagree
    So, I buy a stock for $100 and the inflation rate for the year is 3% and I sell the stock for $103 - how much money did I really make? Maff is hard for leftards.

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

The fact that increasing taxes on private sector activity reduces private sector activity is still phu*cking news to leftards. The fact that you are a phu*cking ignorant hypocrite is not news.
    When the rate is 20%, people will take profits.

When the rate is 39%, people will take profits.

Around the time of the change--assuming it is announced in advance--people either rush to sell (if the rate is increasing) or delay selling. These short term effects disappear quickly. There's this thing called history. You should look into it.
    Just more proof that you never got an MBA. People invest and want a rate of return. That rate of return is after tax rate of return. The higher the tax rate the lower return on investment. That means more risk and less investment. Sort of shocked that your matchbook cover MBA class didn't cover that.

Just more proof that you never got an MBA. People invest and want a rate of return. That rate of return is after tax rate of return. The higher the tax rate the lower return on investment. That means more risk and less investment. Sort of shocked that your matchbook cover MBA class didn't cover that.

Fascinating! Except the real world data doesn't support your claim. There's are reasons for that, but discussing them wouldn't be as satisfying to you as pontificating.

So, I buy a stock for $100 and the inflation rate for the year is 3% and I sell the stock for $103 - how much money did I really make? Maff is hard for leftards.

If you're repeatedly getting 3% on money you are putting at risk, you have every right to be upset. But not at anyone here.
    HHusky said:

Fascinating! Except the real world data doesn't support your claim. There's are reasons for that, but discussing them wouldn't be as satisfying to you as pontificating.
    Except every major capital project by business or investment firms runs an after tax rate of return. That's how fascinating it is. You increase taxes on private sector activity and you get less of it. You provide tax incentives for private sector activity - like wind and solar tax credits - you get more of it. When you get around to it you can tell us why gravity doesn't matter.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Biden will punt and H will look an idiot again

HHusky said:

Except every major capital project by business or investment firms runs an after tax rate of return. That's how fascinating it is. You increase taxes on private sector activity and you get less of it. You provide tax incentives for private sector activity - like wind and solar tax credits - you get more of it. When you get around to it you can tell us why gravity doesn't matter.
    We were talking about capital gains. I don't blame you for running from that topic.

Biden will punt and H will look an idiot again

Even though I'm not selling my music catalog.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

We were talking about capital gains. I don't blame you for running from that topic.
    You are drowning here Mr. MBA. You invest in real property or a business, the end game is to sell for more than you paid and that gain is taxed at long-term capital gains rates, currently 20% for individuals and 21% for corporations. The end game is very different if the gain is taxes at 39.6%. Again basic business and Maff concepts escape you.