Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cam Williams

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,358 Swaye's Wigwam
WTF happened to that guy

Is he still on the team?

Comments

• BreadBread Member Posts: 4,015
    Lake has deligated Defensive play time decisions to the team barber.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,606 Swaye's Wigwam
    Asa looks unsure of what he's doing but I havent seen him whiff on a tackle if he actually makes contact. He seems hesistant at best to make contact though.

Last year Williams couldnt tackle at all.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414

Cam Williams receding down the depth chart has been a real head scratcher

The Dick Newton Effect

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,130

It's quite a hairy situation
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Asa looks unsure of what he's doing but I havent seen him whiff on a tackle if he actually makes contact. He seems hesistant at best to make contact though.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,606 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

He never made contact and looked hesitant like I was saying

Williams was getting ran over by receivers last year
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,358 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

I wasn't really disagreeing with you.

IMO Asa seems hesitant because he is constantly trying to limit/minimize contact though.

His tackles (when he is forced to make them) are all either him turtling into a speed bump and getting run over or slowly hugging someone to the ground.
    Question......he blew up Herbert last year. Got flagged on that third down and they ended up scoring a td.

Seems like ever since then..he’s been gun shy
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

IMO Asa seems hesitant because he is constantly trying to limit/minimize contact though.

His tackles (when he is forced to make them) are all either him turtling into a speed bump and getting run over or slowly hugging someone to the ground.
    Question......he blew up Herbert last year. Got flagged on that third down and they ended up scoring a td.

He didn’t blow him up on that play. He dove on a qb that already gave himself up. He is just not a hitter at a position that kind of demands it.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,358 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

He didn’t blow him up on that play. He dove on a qb that already gave himself up. He is just not a hitter at a position that kind of demands it.
    Tomato tomatoe
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

HuskyJW said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

I dont think he has ever had it...

I see plays like this and I see a soft guy afraid to make contact, not a inexperienced (he not) player second guessing themselves

Here he clearly doesnt want to tackle a 270 converted OL/TE and takes enough false steps he doesnt have to make a tackle...

Completely unblocked... soft or zero effort... either way he shouldnt be out there.

Case closed.

He can still get better, but he's not going to do it by playing through. He needs to have his eyelids pinned open and forced to watch clips like those on loop for hours.

OK that's over the top but he should be benched for a game if you have other bodies.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,418 Swaye's Wigwam
    Time to break out the Oklahoma drill
  • alopeciadawgalopeciadawg Member Posts: 57

It's quite a hairy situation
    Check your hair privilege!