Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cam Williams

2»

Comments

• alopeciadawgalopeciadawg Member Posts: 57
    CW needs more playing time!
  • HairySavalasHairySavalas Member Posts: 68

Cam Williams receding down the depth chart has been a real head scratcher

It's quite a hairy situation
    Check your hair privilege!
    I remember my hair privilege phase.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,606 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Houhusky said:

HuskyJW said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Asa looks unsure of what he's doing but I havent seen him whiff on a tackle if he actually makes contact. He seems hesistant at best to make contact though.

Last year Williams couldnt tackle at all.

He never made contact and looked hesitant like I was saying

Williams was getting ran over by receivers last year
    I wasn't really disagreeing with you.

IMO Asa seems hesitant because he is constantly trying to limit/minimize contact though.

His tackles (when he is forced to make them) are all either him turtling into a speed bump and getting run over or slowly hugging someone to the ground.
    Question......he blew up Herbert last year. Got flagged on that third down and they ended up scoring a td.

Seems like ever since then..he’s been gun shy
    I dont think he has ever had it...

I see plays like this and I see a soft guy afraid to make contact, not a inexperienced (he not) player second guessing themselves

Here he clearly doesnt want to tackle a 270 converted OL/TE and takes enough false steps he doesnt have to make a tackle...

Completely unblocked... soft or zero effort... either way he shouldnt be out there.

Case closed.

He can still get better, but he's not going to do it by playing through. He needs to have his eyelids pinned open and forced to watch clips like those on loop for hours.

OK that's over the top but he should be benched for a game if you have other bodies.
    No one wishes A Clockwork Orange on the kids
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,361 Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    Houhusky said:

HuskyJW said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Asa looks unsure of what he's doing but I havent seen him whiff on a tackle if he actually makes contact. He seems hesistant at best to make contact though.

IMO Asa seems hesitant because he is constantly trying to limit/minimize contact though.

His tackles (when he is forced to make them) are all either him turtling into a speed bump and getting run over or slowly hugging someone to the ground.
    Question......he blew up Herbert last year. Got flagged on that third down and they ended up scoring a td.

I see plays like this and I see a soft guy afraid to make contact, not a inexperienced (he not) player second guessing themselves

Here he clearly doesnt want to tackle a 270 converted OL/TE and takes enough false steps he doesnt have to make a tackle...

Completely unblocked... soft or zero effort... either way he shouldnt be out there.

Great clips. Those are damning. Kid is a pussy. Narrative set. I'm done with him forever. Dead to me.

edit: Unless he returns an INT to win a RB then all is forgiven.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,792
    Looks like a tall skinny toothpick to me.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Houhusky said:

HuskyJW said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

TD run is bad ... real bad
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Houhusky said:

HuskyJW said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

We have about 10+ plays of this happening already through four games. I cannot for the life of me understand how he hasn't been pulled. This is shit you see in junior football when you still have a good number of kids who are playing but clearly don't have the aggression needed for the sport. Those kids get filtered out by the time HS ball comes around, and they simply don't exist in college.

Except for Asa. It's fucking baffling. He has the frame to eventually fill out to Kam Chancellor size, yet Tim Horn seeks contact more than him. Maybe he's naturally soft, has the yips, whatever. But either the way the coaches need to yank his ass.
    He’s a pussy and doesn’t want to hit. Guys that avoid contact like he does are easy to spot. I saw it last year. It’s been magnified this year without the true freshman excuse being valid anymore.

I would hope the coaching and peer disappointment would change him, but it hasn’t.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 808
    Remember a couple weeks ago during camp when everyone was drooling over Asa because of how badass he looked? How he spent the offseason pounding rhino cum shakes and all that?

Lol.