Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who’s gonna tell him?

1235»

Comments

• IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

Mykel Wright has a 69.4 pff grade.

Use some logic. The grades say he was better than Holland (a 1st/2nd round guy) last year.

Which seems most likely:
    1. Wright>Holland
    2. Wright turned into complete dogshit between his 1st and 2nd year
    3. Pff grades, although cool and easy to digest, are an imperfect measurement and should be used as one in a collection of data points, not the end all be all
    Alternatively, using logic:

• Playing 70 snaps a game is more of a challenge than playing 20.

• Wright doesn’t have Graham to do the heavy lifting this year and is taking on more challenging receivers.

• PFF grades are mostly hot garbage because they want to turn apples-to-oranges comparisons into apples-to-apples.

My two cents FWIW is it’s hard to say what Lenoir and Wright have been the last three weeks because a cardboard cutout of Jev Holland would garner more respect in coverage than Happle right now.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

Use some logic. The grades say he was better than Holland (a 1st/2nd round guy) last year.

Which seems most likely:
    1. Wright>Holland
    3. Pff grades, although cool and easy to digest, are an imperfect measurement and should be used as one in a collection of data points, not the end all be all

• Wright doesn’t have Graham to do the heavy lifting this year and is taking on more challenging receivers.

• PFF grades are mostly hot garbage because they want to turn apples-to-oranges comparisons into apples-to-apples.

My two cents FWIW is it’s hard to say what Lenoir and Wright have been the last three weeks because a cardboard cutout of Jev Holland would garner more respect in coverage than Happle right now.
    its almost like its really hard to put an elite secondary on the field for 5 straight years
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Which seems most likely:
    1. Wright>Holland

its almost like its really hard to put an elite secondary on the field for 5 straight years
    Who’d’ve thunk Brady Breeze actually was good?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Fuck whoever said they didn’t want Elijah Molden.
    (Hoping I never said that)
    I knew Molden was going to be great in college. I saw him play against my Rams in the state title game. ‘Play against’ is a euphemism for repeatedly rape. That CC team had Lamar Winston, Brady Breeze, Lamar Winston’s brother, and a handful of lower D1 scholarship types.

Molden just looked special. There are a few guys you see play live and you know they’re different. Even in high school where every three star can look like Barry Sanders or Ed Reed some are just several notches above.

Molden has lived up to expectations. I’d bet he could play RB and be a lot better than Kamari Pleasant. If I had to pick between Molden and Jevon Holland it would be a no brainer. It’s Jevon Holland. Assuming Holland would actually play, but I can’t fault someone who graduated for bailing on his friends and teammates instead of risking that NFL money.

They're somewhat different players. Both tackle really well in space.
    I felt that was worth mentioning, but since I already tend to drone on I didn’t. With Oregon’s depleted secondary Molden would be playing the same position Holland did last year, that nickel back spot Avalos uses in his retarded-when-it-fails-genius-when-it-works 3-3-5. Not because that’s where Molden belongs but because he could excel there for that very reason: tackling.

Holland’s replacement Jamal Hill has actually been pretty decent, he was out for the boover game most likely with the Rona tracing. But Hill has blown some tackles or opportunities that would have been losses or short gains. Last week they used Pickett there for a half until he got hurt, and once even he was out then OSU really lit them up.

I’d think Molden runs a faster 40 than Holland, and has good instincts for the ball flight path. Holland should be drafted ahead of him. In the NFL Hollans could be an elite run safety with decent to good coverage and the occasional big interception. Guys like him are becoming more valuable the more common huge WRs and high usage, pass catching TEs become.
    Molden will test better and he has better tape. The size thing could knock him down a bit. But I’m pretty confident Elijah will be the better pro.
    Of course. Doogy doo.

Holland is a stud. Better tape my ass. Have you ever watched Holland play?
    Yeah he’s really good. There’s a reason why Molden has had a 90+ coverage grade the last 2 years though.
    Ballz is back.
    ???

I’ll trust PFF grades by ex coaches/NFLers over creep evaluations.
    Didn’t PFF have Holland rated higher than molden last year (answer: yes)

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-pff-college-50-ranking-the-nations-top-50-players-ahead-of-the-2020-college-football-season
    Fudgie is confident though.

#Ballz

ntxduck said:

I knew Molden was going to be great in college. I saw him play against my Rams in the state title game. ‘Play against’ is a euphemism for repeatedly rape. That CC team had Lamar Winston, Brady Breeze, Lamar Winston’s brother, and a handful of lower D1 scholarship types.

Molden just looked special. There are a few guys you see play live and you know they’re different. Even in high school where every three star can look like Barry Sanders or Ed Reed some are just several notches above.

Molden has lived up to expectations. I’d bet he could play RB and be a lot better than Kamari Pleasant. If I had to pick between Molden and Jevon Holland it would be a no brainer. It’s Jevon Holland. Assuming Holland would actually play, but I can’t fault someone who graduated for bailing on his friends and teammates instead of risking that NFL money.

I felt that was worth mentioning, but since I already tend to drone on I didn’t. With Oregon’s depleted secondary Molden would be playing the same position Holland did last year, that nickel back spot Avalos uses in his retarded-when-it-fails-genius-when-it-works 3-3-5. Not because that’s where Molden belongs but because he could excel there for that very reason: tackling.

Holland’s replacement Jamal Hill has actually been pretty decent, he was out for the boover game most likely with the Rona tracing. But Hill has blown some tackles or opportunities that would have been losses or short gains. Last week they used Pickett there for a half until he got hurt, and once even he was out then OSU really lit them up.

I’d think Molden runs a faster 40 than Holland, and has good instincts for the ball flight path. Holland should be drafted ahead of him. In the NFL Hollans could be an elite run safety with decent to good coverage and the occasional big interception. Guys like him are becoming more valuable the more common huge WRs and high usage, pass catching TEs become.
    Molden will test better and he has better tape. The size thing could knock him down a bit. But I’m pretty confident Elijah will be the better pro.
    Of course. Doogy doo.

Yeah he’s really good. There’s a reason why Molden has had a 90+ coverage grade the last 2 years though.
    Ballz is back.
    ???

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-pff-college-50-ranking-the-nations-top-50-players-ahead-of-the-2020-college-football-season

#Ballz
    You’re wrong.
    12>21

Did they teach math at Colorado State?

And Fr. Wright > Holland. Lolz.
    Molden and Holland had the same amount of snaps. Molden’s grade was 9 points higher. Hope this helps!
    Why’d they rank Holland higher than overall?
    Potential/projected grades for this year.
    So ex coaches/nflers think Holland will be the better pro?
    No. Molden graded better? That article is put together by 1 person, we sucked last year and oregon didn’t. That plays apart as well.
    Same org. Team success is irrelvant in ranking players. Prove it or eat it.
    Molden graded out better than Holland in 2019.

Nice quintuple poast dude
    CJ Verdell doesn’t break tackles.

Lol
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Holland is the one Oregon DB I would have gladly taken the past few years. I wanted him badly during TBS season and was bummed when he started leaning Oregon. He was a great player pretty much from day one for them.

I think Holland gets drafted higher because he projects at safety at the next level while Molden more likely be seen as a nickel corner. Both are going to be really good at the next level.

UW's DBs with Holland starting at either safety last year over Williams would have been just a massive upgrade and pretty much unfair.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Of course. Doogy doo.

Ballz is back.
    ???

#Ballz

ntxduck said:

Of course. Doogy doo.

Ballz is back.
    ???

#Ballz
    You’re wrong.
    12>21

Molden and Holland had the same amount of snaps. Molden’s grade was 9 points higher. Hope this helps!
    No. Molden graded better? That article is put together by 1 person, we sucked last year and oregon didn’t. That plays apart as well.

Lol
    Changing subjects. Nice creep

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Of course. Doogy doo.

Ballz is back.
    ???

#Ballz

ntxduck said:

Of course. Doogy doo.

Ballz is back.
    ???

#Ballz
    You’re wrong.
    12>21

Lol
    Changing subjects. Nice creep
    Just want to make sure we keep track of all your hot takes. It’s a compliment Fudgieballz.
    edited December 2020
    dnc said:

Holland is the one Oregon DB I would have gladly taken the past few years. I wanted him badly during TBS season and was bummed when he started leaning Oregon. He was a great player pretty much from day one for them.

I think Holland gets drafted higher because he projects at safety at the next level while Molden more likely be seen as a nickel corner. Both are going to be really good at the next level.

UW's DBs with Holland starting at either safety last year over Williams would have been just a massive upgrade and pretty much unfair.

I think Wright could be an elite cover corner if he develops. Has all the tools and elite speed.

Graham was absolute shit when pressed into duty as an underclassman and turned into a very good college corner. If Wright develops like he did he’ll be very good.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I honestly don’t care what PFF says about Wright. He’s not the problem on defense and besides Stanford, I haven’t seen him give up a bad pass.

McDuffie looks like a stud and is making plays. Wright just doesn’t seem to be targeted because our safeties are so bad.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

No
    Yes. Elijah is Budda. Budda’s the highest paid safety in the NFL. Elijah has versatile to play every spot in the secondary.
    This is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen you write in quite some time.

Their similarities are that they’re Washington DBs with similar size. Baker’s game and Molden’s game are very different. There is not a single person who would compare them if they didn’t go to the same school.

Tyler Shough is Justin Herbert. Both are over 6’4” and played at Oregon. I can barely tell the difference at times.

I have nothing bad to say about Molden, hope he gets drafted as high as he can. It’s all the NFL draft and anything is possible this early on. Even after the combine and interviews. I would be very surprised if Holland doesn’t get drafted before Molden.

The mock draft database has like 130 mocks and 40 big boards to create a consensus one. Not going to be right on or even close for every player but gives you an idea of where they stand. Once again, this isn’t a single analyst or scout or mock draft loser but the consensus from all of them.

You can disagree with who the better player is. The better college player doesn’t always get drafted earlier or do better in the NFL. I think Holland is better, and I have no issue admitting when an Oregon player isn’t.
    Bump.

Within +/-4 for both. From five months ago, by the mock draft consensus.