Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

For my lefties

2»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    Sledog said:

The mask part. Obviously nothing is going to be 100% preventive, but the medical schools and other authorities still maintain they mitigate the spreading of the virus.

This is just one where I don't subscribe to the government control theory.

The virus is way to small for most masks to work. So droplets yes airborne virus no. It keep infected from spreading droplets but not airborne virus. It's like throwing sand at a chain link fence. N95's get most stuff down to 100nm but all viruses run 60-90nm. Some smaller some larger. If masks worked for that they'd just wear those in the lab instead of moon suits. I'm not saying it can't help in some ways but that last study said 71% IIRC of those that caught it were wearing masks. Way to much touching with masks IMO and that may increase the chance of getting it. Everyone uses them over and over again.

I laugh at the stupidity of wearing a mask to walk 20 feet into a restaurant just to take it off when you get to your table.

So yeah maybe not completely true on that but mostly true.
    Agreed. If wearing maskes makes people feel like it's bidness as usual and all other precautions are tossed aside, which I probably does happen with a good % of the people, then that's counterproductive.

I, too, laugh at people wearing masks in situations where it's entirely unnecessary. I probably see once a week a guy driving alone in his car wearing a mask. SMFH. And the restaurant bit is a bit of a curiousity too, unless the tables are outside and truly spread out so that groups are isolated. Seems dumb.

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    Masks are imperfect protection, but better than none at all. Our Great Plains mask resisters (2 only recently implemented mask mandates) are our three most infected states.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,097 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
    So if masks work to prevent the spread if you wear one you don't have to worry about me not wearing one. All settled.

there are many types of masks. hth.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Logic.

L.O.L. Hilarious that you don’t even see the irony of this. The creator of this cartoon is thick in the head to not even get this.
    I carry a gun because I need it.

No doubt.

The psychologists call it "compensation".
    How’s your living trust business going. Are they making it to signing day?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    edited December 2020

the ones that most of us non-healthscare types wear don't do much

I don't pretend to be an expert but they help only when near people for extended periods of time. This has been pretty well documented by the real experts.

With flu cases and deaths magically down, color me skeptical of the severity of this plandemic

the ones that most of us non-healthscare types wear don't do much

I don't pretend to be an expert but they help only when near people for extended periods of time. This has been pretty well documented by the real experts.

With flu cases and deaths magically down, color me skeptical of the severity of this plandemic
    They help when near people for extended period of time and thus don’t do much?

My experts work at UC SF. They’re pretty real last time I checked. Apparently they didn’t real that documentation.

Like the guy said: imperfect thought they may be, “don’t work” is what you conclude when the matter has become political and you’re looking for exceptions to the rule.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,011 Standard Supporter
    They help someone who is near someone who has the chicom crud and is sneezing or coughing in public because it stops the spread of droplets. It doesn't stop the spread of the aerosol virus. They help protect you if you are wearing a properly fitted N95 mask. That's it.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Logic.

L.O.L. Hilarious that you don’t even see the irony of this. The creator of this cartoon is thick in the head to not even get this.
    I carry a gun because I need it.

No doubt.

The psychologists call it "compensation".
    How’s your living trust business going. Are they making it to signing day?
    He gets more money from the public screwal system