Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW has to be PC at all times

LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
What a waste

was this a requirement that came out of George Floyd committing suicide by cop

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,336 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    Apparently they needed to hire someone to tell them they suck at hiring.

Wasn’t this person Gertrude Peoples back in the day?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

After the 1969 season, UW president Charles Odegaard established a commission to investigate racism charges in the athletic department. As a result, black coaches were added to Owens’ staff and Don Smith, an African-American, was appointed assistant athletic director. Arbitrary discipline was eliminated, and a trainer who made racist remarks was fired.

More turmoil erupted during the 1970 football season, however, when three key players — Calvin Jones, Mark Wheeler and Ira Hammon — quit the team because of what they denounced as discrimination within the program. Jones eventually came back after Smith, two black assistant coaches, a black baseball coach and black administrator Gertrude Peoples were hired at Washington.

Owens resigned after the 1974 season, paving the way for the Don James regime and new heights for the Washington program. One of James’ assistants was Gary Pinkel, the current Missouri coach who instantly threw his support behind his protesting black players.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    So you think she was hired because of the 1969 Season and Cal Jones (all American IIRC)
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    edited December 2020

Cal Jones was a star on the best Sixkiller team. Sonny played 70-72. Sixkiller did wonders for the whole program top to bottom. As soon as he was gone Owens was 1-10 again

Don James recruited Warren Moon to show the world and in particular LA that there was a new sheriff in town. Benched the popular local kid from Roosevelt who had thrown 7 TDs against Cal the year before

Rowland went to Blanchet, not Roosevelt.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Who knows what her job does, the players think she will resolve issues and make things right, a token job.
    What does an associate athletic director for 'all things socially unbalanced' do?

She looks more like Dolezal to me...and probably identifies with her
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Apparently uw has actually been super racist this whole time
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

Whatever

You’re welcome.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Seattle is the cradle of diversity did you forget?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

LebamDawg might be

LebamDawg might be
    Hurtful young whippersnapper
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156
    Athletics aren't diverse? Minorities are over-represented on a per-capita basis in athletics. Fuck the University for creating this position. Almost as much a joke as Durkan hiring a pimp to be her diversity liaison to minority neighborhoods in the city.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156

LebamDawg might be
    What ignorant people revert to when they can't make a coherent argument. I feel bad that your formative years were in full-retard Seattle. You should move somewhere off the west coast for a few years.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,531 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020

LebamDawg might be
    You might want to get dialed in to this place first.

This ain't the Crown division of Kingco.

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,093 Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

What a waste

was this a requirement that came out of George Floyd committing suicide by cop
    Libs: We need to forgive all of our poor students debt because college is too expensive.

Also libs: We need to hire a bunch more unnecessary executives.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    This is precisely the kind of administrative bloat that a true free market in education would force the suppliers to eliminate.

Assoc. AD for D&I. That's just the athletic department. No doubt there is one for each univeristy department. I'm sure Arts & Sciences, Foster, Comp. Sci, etc. also have their own D&I administrator. And then there is the university administration ... I'm sure there's a Provost for D&I.

And, really, the athletic department? Which department on campus needs an administrator, no doubt making well over six figures and a multiple of that in total cost with benies, less than the athletic department? I would say, controlling for athletic ability, which is kind of the point of the AD, that the AD is by its very nature the most inclusive department on campus. Nobody cares what color you are or where you come from or how you talk or what car you drive. Can you play? That's all that matters.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,547 Founders Club
    About time we got someone in there to hire a black head football coach!
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,011 Standard Supporter
    I get calls from the U of O asking for money. Getting even more desperate in tone. I just tell them if they have enough money for a "bias response team" they don't need any of my money.