Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we please talk about DyMo's play on the botched snap 8 yard pass to Otton?

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,121
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

Man, my brain had blocked out most of this Browning dipshittery. I had no recollection of some of these atrocities.

What a fucking donkey he was.

He was the worst.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He was never the same after the 2016 USC game and never touched a weight to try and regain the arm strength
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    All Browning saw was Trooj and it started the downward spiral of running backwards in the pocket
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Agreed. His arm strength had some pretty good zip on it if you watch the early 2016 games, deep balls to Chico not floated and placed perfectly 45+ yards downfield. USC broke him.

IIRC, it was after the 2016 Oregon game that his arm/shoulder started to give out. The Cal game had some perfect examples (the crazy rainbow throw to John Ross, who then proceeded to break the ankles of the entire Cal secondary) of his arm not being the same as it was prior to that.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The only thing I like about the Pac12 net is that they will reply the entire game in an hour. The kid is clutch. Watched that 2nd half twice now
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Agreed. His arm strength had some pretty good zip on it if you watch the early 2016 games, deep balls to Chico not floated and placed perfectly 45+ yards downfield. USC broke him.

Shoulder injury during the boov game broke him, never the same
    * arm strength never the same, petulance unchanged. FTFY
  • Options
    Browning possessed that agonizing mix of occasional brilliance tempered by a few moments of absolute fucktardedness. Dave Krieg with a better spiral and slightly bigger hands. With the right supporting cast (John Ross for Browning, Largent for Krieg), he could do some pretty impressive things. Still had some WTF? moments even so.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,811
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

@doogles has a story associated with this play. I'll leave it to him whether to tell it publicly or not.

This is the worst play call EVER
    Worse than THIS?

The play call wasn’t the worst thing ever, you see that corner/slant rub work a lot down there, it was putting Ricardo Lockette in that situation.
  • Options

@doogles has a story associated with this play. I'll leave it to him whether to tell it publicly or not.

Worse than THIS?

The play call wasn’t the worst thing ever, you see that corner/slant rub work a lot down there, it was putting Ricardo Lockette in that situation.
    I agree and actually consider it the best play call ever.
    I mean they still should have ran the ball there obviously.
  • Options

Worse than THIS?

I agree and actually consider it the best play call ever.
    I mean they still should have ran the ball there obviously.
    Absolutely. I looked at the clock and saw the Patriot gassed and said game over.
    Exactly, if a spread gun read option doesn’t work on 2nd down. Call timeout and you can go to that on 3rd down.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Worse than THIS?

But personnel involved is a huge part of the play call.

Wildcat on third/fourth and short with Gaskin was a great play call but terrible with Pleasant.

I don't mind that they passed. Marshawn was shit in short yardage situations all year and the Pats had an 8 man front. Passing was the right call.

Throwing the most important pass of the year to Ricardo Lockette was Darrell Bevell FS.
    Strong agree, i was just talking from a play design standpoint.