Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This season matters.

2»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohen said:

As @sonics1993 said all offseason, Jimmy desperately needed this season to happen to change the narrative around the direction of the program and the momentum in recruiting. So far it's going better than many anticipated despite the bland offense and struggles in run defense. If UW wins the conference and a NY6 bowl I'd place our odds of landing both JTT and EE at 81%.

As dumb as it sounds, the utah game and the locker room video/unsportsmanlike were probably a massive shot in the arm, at least locally

Oregon losing the beav is house money but if we lose to oregon we lose it all.
    We going to beat Oregon and then lose to USC in the title game lolZ
    What happens if USC can't play because COVID?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

A lot of DOOGING here (7-0 conference champs and Fiesta Bowl victory?! Sign me up!), but a come-from-behind win from a 21-point deficit after not doing so under Pete and the misery of this entire year and offseason will do that to a bunch of irrational, impatient grown men.

I just want to crush Stanford and pay those nerds back for that miserable effort last year.

Well that, and watch that 4th quarter drive, Jimmy's postgame interview, and the SAY WHO SAY WHAT locker room video. I don't think it can be overstated how massive of a comeback that was for this team's and program's psyche. ALPHAS>>>betas.

It would be really dumb to look past any game especially in a season like this. It feels like just about anyone can drop a game to a low end P5 team.

But...7-0 or 6-0 is out there and would be a huge shot in the arm. The transition to Lake didn't go well at all, UW suddenly can't buy respect from much of the media, and recruiting took a shit. ?We need it.
  • Options
    Beno4Life said:

A lot of DOOGING here (7-0 conference champs and Fiesta Bowl victory?! Sign me up!), but a come-from-behind win from a 21-point deficit after not doing so under Pete and the misery of this entire year and offseason will do that to a bunch of irrational, impatient grown men.

I just want to crush Stanford and pay those nerds back for that miserable effort last year.

Well that, and watch that 4th quarter drive, Jimmy's postgame interview, and the SAY WHO SAY WHAT locker room video. I don't think it can be overstated how massive of a comeback that was for this team's and program's psyche. ALPHAS>>>betas.

It's weird. I felt more anxious when Petersen was coach. I loved the success and what he did for the program's respectability off the field, but for some reason I usually felt on edge. Maybe it was the expectations associated with his success at Boise State; I'm not entirely sure.

With Lake, I feel a lot more relaxed. It's more like seeing a new puppy jumping around with great energy. No firm expectations, but certainly hope and a recognition of potential for greatness. I'm ok with a pile of shit here and there; it comes with the territory. But if we can avoid the shit, all the better.

EWIWBI
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Jimmy needs as much positive exposure as possible. So far he's getting it and making most of the opportunity. Hopefully, weº get the rest of the games.

What a terrible take. I should be banned.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

7-0 is the goal.

Jimmy needs as much positive exposure as possible. So far he's getting it and making most of the opportunity. Hopefully, weº get the rest of the games.

Not a terrible take. We were never good but we needed to win and fool everyone, including us, that we were good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Welp...this season doesn't matter.

Oh well, it was a Longshot.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Can still win the conference
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,975
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Win the conference and control the narrative. Oregon convinced the.national media to suck their dick for an entire year after beating the third place team in the big ten. They will do it again if they win the conference. Why not us?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

GRUNDLE STOp
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Yep. I had a moment of frustration. It always matters. I nearly put my head through a wall when Ty lost at WSU to secure his perfect season. If that one mattered at all then the rest of this...season?...is worth something.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Yep. I had a moment of frustration. It always matters. I nearly put my head through a wall when Ty lost at WSU to secure his perfect season. If that one mattered at all then the rest of this...season?...is worth something.
    Losing to an apathetic football program like Stanford is insulting to the fanbase, alumni, and former husky players.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

GRUNDLE STOp
    I should listen to you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Losing to an apathetic football program like Stanford is insulting to the fanbase, alumni, and former husky players.

Agreed. Two fucking years in a row to the worst Stanford teams I've seen since pre-Harbaugh. I really don't have words that do justice to it.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Agreed. Two fucking years in a row to the worst Stanford teams I've seen since pre-Harbaugh. I really don't have words that do justice to it.
    I had no idea Jimmy would be soft and he’s really soft.