Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This season matters.

chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
The recruits are watching. Thanks to Randy Marsh for posting their comments.. That shit means something.. Ending the season with a title, however many caveats, has a big effect on perception and hence on recruiting.

RN had his best recruiting class after sneaking out of 2000 with one loss and a solid win over a somewhat weak RB opponent. Nobody gave a fuck that there were yeah-buts, close calls, that Miami was on its way to a blowout win if there had been another quarter in that game, or that Purdue was a second tier bowl opponent. UW escaped with a #3 ranking and recruited with the big boys, similar to what happened for Oregon after 2019.

Everything matters, even somewhat dubious championships in a fucked up, shortened season. Now pardon me while I go kill myself for typing everything matters.

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    You play to win the game and recruits hearts.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020

As @sonics1993 said all offseason, Jimmy desperately needed this season to happen to change the narrative around the direction of the program and the momentum in recruiting. So far it's going better than many anticipated despite the bland offense and struggles in run defense. If UW wins the conference and a NY6 bowl I'd place our odds of landing both JTT and EE at 81%.

Somehow win out, snag those two and a surprise from somewhere, and the shit stains from the 2019 season and the overall 2020 shitshow are completely and permanently scrubbed off of UW.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

The recruits are watching. Thanks to Randy Marsh for posting their comments.. That shit means something.. Ending the season with a title, however many caveats, has a big effect on perception and hence on recruiting.

RN had his best recruiting class after sneaking out of 2000 with one loss and a solid win over a somewhat weak RB opponent. Nobody gave a fuck that there were yeah-buts, close calls, that Miami was on its way to a blowout win if there had been another quarter in that game, or that Purdue was a second tier bowl opponent. UW escaped with a #3 ranking and recruited with the big boys, similar to what happened for Oregon after 2019.

Everything matters, even somewhat dubious championships in a fucked up, shortened season. Now pardon me while I go kill myself for typing everything matters.

This. Anybody saying that this season is meaningless is a fucktard.
    A lot if disgruntled, miserable and pathetic folks out here this year. Its not hard to see why. They just need to smoke weed and jerk off and gain some perspective.
    @btp

Check and check.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    So the season matters now? That's cool!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So the season matters now? That's cool!!

Nope. You have a loss and a good class already all but sealed. Plus Oregon's brand isnt as susceptible to rises and falls as UW's. It doesn't matter for Oregon, only UW.
  • Options

chuck said:

chuck said:

This. Anybody saying that this season is meaningless is a fucktard.
    A lot if disgruntled, miserable and pathetic folks out here this year. Its not hard to see why. They just need to smoke weed and jerk off and gain some perspective.
    @btp

Check and check.
    You have me dialed in
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    We were always playing with house money this season. Lose and it’s because of the coaching changes but win it all and suddenly Lake looks like the mad hatter genius.

Oregon had to be perfect to live up to the hype.

We’re 2 wins from breaking the wheel.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    What do you mean regarding "the locker room video / unsportsmanlike..."?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

What do you mean regarding "the locker room video / unsportsmanlike..."?

The celebration & whatnot. Not acting like actuaries.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020

As @sonics1993 said all offseason, Jimmy desperately needed this season to happen to change the narrative around the direction of the program and the momentum in recruiting. So far it's going better than many anticipated despite the bland offense and struggles in run defense. If UW wins the conference and a NY6 bowl I'd place our odds of landing both JTT and EE at 81%.

As dumb as it sounds, the utah game and the locker room video/unsportsmanlike were probably a massive shot in the arm, at least locally

Oregon losing the beav is house money but if we lose to oregon we lose it all.
    We going to beat Oregon and then lose to USC in the title game lolZ
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

As dumb as it sounds, the utah game and the locker room video/unsportsmanlike were probably a massive shot in the arm, at least locally

????
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

????
    Right?
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Will JTT commit at half time if we are crushing BYU in the Fiesta bowl?
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Bread said:

Will JTT commit at half time if we are crushing BYU in the Fiesta bowl?

Well, this season has been a great example of how much fun the outside guy can have getting to the QB in the Coach K defense...