Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What kinda Christmas tree guy are you?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

What kinda Christmas tree guy are you? 29 votes

Tromp into the deep woods Clark Griswold style
10%
chuckhardhatYellowSnow 3 votes
Tree lot or tree farm
34%
whlinderRoadDawg55Mad_Songreenblooddncalumni94biak1huskyhooliganLebamDawgbackthepack 10 votes
Fake tree
44%
DerekJohnsonCFetters_Nacho_LoverSwayePurpleJAtomicDawgGladstonePitchfork51El_KBleachedAnusDawgUSMChawkJoeEDangerously1to392831weretakenFishpo31 13 votes
No tree - aka "War on Christmas"
10%
PurpleBazeDoog_de_JourNoWarningJustDawg 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,988
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tree lot or tree farm
    Real tree, always fir until the lord takes my ability to cut it down with my own hands.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sometimes we go to a tree farm. It's way easier. I prefer noble fir, but will settle for white or grand fir, or even a beautiful blue spruce if I feel like dealing with the needles.

Problem is that around here all of those species grow above the snow line this time of year. Sometimes they're too hard to get to. In those years we just go to a farm that grows big perfect nobles for $25. Honestly I don't know why we go for the woods at all anymore. It's really not that fun.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Sometimes we go to a tree farm. It's way easier. I prefer noble fir, but will settle for white or grand fir, or even a beautiful blue spruce if I feel like dealing with the needles.

Problem is that around here all of those species grow above the snow line this time of year. Sometimes they're too hard to get to. In those years we just go to a farm that grows big perfect nobles for $25. Honestly I don't know why we go for the woods at all anymore. It's really not that fun.

This was my issue. Hell, we've got a foot or two of snow down in the piney woods. Up in the fir country it's really deep.

But my wife seems to like me doing manly stuff like getting a fresh tree from the woods. Helps reduce the fuel load too so I don't burn down. Lulz.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2020
    Tree lot or tree farm
    With the little one, I prefer the tree farms. A six footer (yeah I'm poor) will cost you around $60, but two hours of walking through the farm, the hay ride, and the kids playing on the playground, is cheap for three hours of entertainment. Honestly, I prefer the six foot and under height anyway, because it's less to decorate, you don't need a ladder, easier to haul, pay half as much for a smaller stand, and a wooden platform underneath will had an extra 6" to a foot anyway.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
    No tree - aka "War on Christmas"
    LebamDawg said:

The tree lot is my yard, friend gave me 20 noble firs to plant. there are a few left - cut a small one, forget to go back later and cut it smooth to the ground. Run over it usually on the second mowing of the year, throwing myself off my mower at full speed, then cut it flush.

Put the tree in the stand, about 5-6 footer, and get the hell out of there so I don't get into the Christmas Tree argument with the Mrs.

I put lights up on the porch where I do not get altitude, so it is easy.

Mrs Lebam: Let's go put lights up
    Me: Okay, I have to get the extension cord, stapler, and the auto timer.
    Mrs L: Okay

Ten minutes later I am on the porch putting up lights and she is back in the house. So WE? put the lights up

Every couple I know has some sort of bait and switch move they pull on the other. I’ve observed other women do that EXACT same thing with the Christmas lights @LebamDawg. Then they critique the job afterwards. 😅
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Fake tree
    The yard lights that shine snowflakes onto your house and take 5 minutes to set up and take down are the greatest thing some chink ever invented.