Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Watched the Highlights - Puka

2»

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

chuck said:

With Bynum out I'm real hopeful McMillan and Odunze are going to see a lot more snaps. If that happens I expect them to make some plays, and maybe just maybe Ty Jones won't be the WR getting the most looks after a couple of games.

Chin replaced Bynum yesterday. Jones has had some good blocks which keeps him on the field. He’s a bum tho and I hoped somebody steps up and gets him off the field.
    Am I a doog for not giving up on spiker? I think he can still be a contributor as he adds strength.
    I think he’s been hurt. If he hasn’t, he’s probably done at UW.

The overlooked thing with Spiker is that he’s slow and while he’s tall, he was also weak.

I always predicted him to be a bust. One of the ones I got right. He flashed last year but he put up huge numbers in high school in the air raid with a really good QB. The 4.88 at Nike Camp always concerned me.
    I was never as high on him as his ranking. I did think showed a knack for finding openings in a defense though. If I remember right was that the year that every time at the combine seemed ridiculously slow? Strength was definitely a problem but he has gotten bigger the last couple of years. My inner doog still has hope.

I always thought Osborne would be a contributor too but so far I am definitely wrong.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

With Bynum out I'm real hopeful McMillan and Odunze are going to see a lot more snaps. If that happens I expect them to make some plays, and maybe just maybe Ty Jones won't be the WR getting the most looks after a couple of games.

Chin replaced Bynum yesterday. Jones has had some good blocks which keeps him on the field. He’s a bum tho and I hoped somebody steps up and gets him off the field.
    Noted that. There could be several simple reasons why that dont mean anything for the next game though. I dont think those guys are in the dog house. There just weren't enough snaps to go around against Utah. You can't go a whole half with short possessions and get reps for unproven, so far unreliable young guys. They'll get back out there though.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717

chuck said:

Am I a doog for not giving up on spiker? I think he can still be a contributor as he adds strength.
    That is a symptom of dooging. I remember doogs believing that Spiker and Osborne would have a transformative effect on the offense as pure freshmen. Looking at the HS film you could see neither were really elite athletes.