Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

MAJOR VICTORY For GOP, Judge Rules Mail in Voting Likely Unconstitutional

2»

Comments

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,708
    edited November 2020
    It's actually constitutional. The PA Constitution cites unqualified "illness" as an excuse to use absentee. Note, it doesn't say WHO is sick or if they are merely contagious, or any qualification. So, anybody could cite "illness" constitutionally as a reason to vote by mail. The illness is Covid-19 which you could give somebody or catch at the polls since you can't test everybody. Totally constitutional. That stupid bitch Republican judge is the cause of this BS.

Even so, the PA Supreme Court threw this out with prejudice because the GOP waited until they fucking lost to complain. They let the 180 day protest period expire last fucking year.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Value is what someone else is willing to pay for it, not what the recipient believes they are entitled.

Last I heard workers aren’t shackled in leg irons to their employer.

You are confusing value with price.
    I'm not confused about anything. I write payroll checks commensurate with their value to the enterprise.

Unless you're all about the feelz. Then I give no fucks because feelz don't show up on the Statement of Operations. And they are also free to leave and pursue the feelz to which they feel entitled.

No, you write checks at the price they sell you their labor.
    If they had excess value, their price would be higher.

Their price is exactly what their value is.
    If they didn’t produce excess value, you could never make a profit.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,203 Swaye's Wigwam

Value is what someone else is willing to pay for it, not what the recipient believes they are entitled.

I'm not confused about anything. I write payroll checks commensurate with their value to the enterprise.

Unless you're all about the feelz. Then I give no fucks because feelz don't show up on the Statement of Operations. And they are also free to leave and pursue the feelz to which they feel entitled.

Imagine believing this.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

The argument for Bernie/AOC style social democracy would be that we already have a system where the few, the capitalists and shareholders, are entitled to the profit that the worker produces. Shifting that so some of it goes back to the workers, via healthcare and education, would be a massive improvement.

This is an argument over how much should other people be entitled to the labor of others, which is exactly why I always found the Bernie plan wanting. It’s better but it’s not enough.

Only one of us supports a system where the individual is entitled to the value their labor produces and it ain’t you

Whatever, Marxist. If you're not getting enough for your labor, which you set the price for, that's on you.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,097 Standard Supporter
    AOG said:

It's actually constitutional. The PA Constitution cites unqualified "illness" as an excuse to use absentee. Note, it doesn't say WHO is sick or if they are merely contagious, or any qualification. So, anybody could cite "illness" constitutionally as a reason to vote by mail. The illness is Covid-19 which you could give somebody or catch at the polls since you can't test everybody. Totally constitutional. That stupid bitch Republican judge is the cause of this BS.

Even so, the PA Supreme Court threw this out with prejudice because the GOP waited until they fucking lost to complain. They let the 180 day protest period expire last fucking year.

There is always a virus. It says illness not "I'm a pussy and I'm scared of catching a cold".
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,520 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

AOG said:

There is always a virus. It says illness not "I'm a pussy and I'm scared of catching a cold".
    Well, again, that’s not how anyone will really remember it. But I guess you will, so again, whatever gets you through this.

The take home message is that “dismissed with prejudice” means “GTFO, you’re wasting our time.”

All part of the plan though, right? The big one is still coming ‘round the bend.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

Almost as good at economics as @BearsWiin .
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    edited November 2020
    What is more education going to improve anyway? If people actually became more competent I could buy it.

Are they suddenly going to demand more for their so called value? Or is it going to be the same fuckers in the same jobs?

Dude. The internet exists. No longer does one have to be an aristocrat to learn shit.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985

Lol wat
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,097 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020

Nothing on the merits of the case. It'll go up the chain and that's what they want anyway.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    The NWO selects its judges like it does its Representatives, Senators and Governors.

Elections don't exist. They are Selections.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    AOG said:

According to the Left not existing is merely an “illness”.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,531 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Nothing on the merits of the case. It'll go up the chain and that's what they want anyway.
    Up the chain or to the state legislatures for selection of electors. At least one person is paying attention to the end game.

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Sledog said:

Up the chain or to the state legislatures for selection of electors. At least one person is paying attention to the end game.

This.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

If I’m not mistaken the Penn Supreme Court just vacated this ruling. In true banana republic style:

The Court was unanimous on that point.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club

The NWO selects its judges like it does its Representatives, Senators and Governors.

Elections don't exist. They are Selections.

You're not all that far off