Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

MAJOR VICTORY For GOP, Judge Rules Mail in Voting Likely Unconstitutional

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

All voting needs to be done in person with signature and identification verification performed on site to make sure only legal citizens of the United States are voting and that they are only casting votes in the congressional district of their primary residency.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,097 Standard Supporter
    The constitution says we have an election DAY. Singular. All this other shit probably isn't constitutional anywhere.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,097 Standard Supporter

Funny how the number one trending topic disappeared from Twitter altogether.

Pull rule 230.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    Social media censorship is the best “inconvenient fact checker” our society has
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I old enough to remember when republicans hated activist judges.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

Dumb enough to think that adhering to the Constitution = being an activist Judge.

Hey Kobe, you never did answer the question that I put to you. Why do you feel you have an entitlement to the labor of others in order to pay for your college and healthcare expenses? Can I get you to pay for my new sports car? Why not?
    The argument for Bernie/AOC style social democracy would be that we already have a system where the few, the capitalists and shareholders, are entitled to the profit that the worker produces. Shifting that so some of it goes back to the workers, via healthcare and education, would be a massive improvement.

This is an argument over how much should other people be entitled to the labor of others, which is exactly why I always found the Bernie plan wanting. It’s better but it’s not enough.

Only one of us supports a system where the individual is entitled to the value their labor produces and it ain’t you

The argument for Bernie/AOC style social democracy would be that we already have a system where the few, the capitalists and shareholders, are entitled to the profit that the worker produces. Shifting that so some of it goes back to the workers, via healthcare and education, would be a massive improvement.

This is an argument over how much should other people be entitled to the labor of others, which is exactly why I always found the Bernie plan wanting. It’s better but it’s not enough.

Only one of us supports a system where the individual is entitled to the value their labor produces and it ain’t you

Most employers already provide health insurance for their workers comrade. If you want your "free" healthcare get a fucking job. So why do you feel that you have an entitlement to the labor of people who already have a job and are already being provided with health insurance from their employer?

The value of their labor is already being compensated by their employer.

Value is what someone else is willing to pay for it, not what the recipient believes they are entitled.

Last I heard workers aren’t shackled in leg irons to their employer.

He feels that someone working a part time minimum wage job should be provided with "free" healthcare and college due to the "value" they provide by flipping that burger.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,203 Swaye's Wigwam
    According to Kobe, Bernie and AOC, the same or even more supply will be provided with this economic arrangement. Sounds pretty good.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club

I still hate activist judges.

"You're goddamn right we stole the election." Kobestopper Nov 2020
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,030
    edited November 2020
    So this is the one? Out of twelve dozen lawsuits the Rump fans finally found a judge that hasn't just thrown out the lawsuit while laughing in their face at the crappy filing, lack of evidence, and lack of a case? Let's see how long this ruling lasts...
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Value is what someone else is willing to pay for it, not what the recipient believes they are entitled.

My dad taught me that very early in life. "Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That's life in a nutshell."
    Leftists either have no dad or hate him for being a pansy

You are confusing value with price.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,531 Standard Supporter

I'm not confused about anything. I write payroll checks commensurate with their value to the enterprise.

Unless you're all about the feelz. Then I give no fucks because feelz don't show up on the Statement of Operations. And they are also free to leave and pursue the feelz to which they feel entitled.

• HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    If I’m not mistaken the Penn Supreme Court just vacated this ruling. In true banana republic style:

I'm not confused about anything. I write payroll checks commensurate with their value to the enterprise.

Unless you're all about the feelz. Then I give no fucks because feelz don't show up on the Statement of Operations. And they are also free to leave and pursue the feelz to which they feel entitled.

No, you write checks at the price they sell you their labor.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,531 Standard Supporter

No, you write checks at the price they sell you their labor.
    If they had excess value, their price would be higher.

Their price is exactly what their value is.