Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Studies Show Religious People Are Happier...

Comments

• Options
    I fucking hate religious people. Stop starting wars in my name, then pop off.
  • Options
    death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
    There were many self-proclaimed Messiahs that have appeared through history. Interesting that almost all were killed. But Jesus was resurrected. If you believe that, then you're a Christian. If you don't, you're entitled to your opinion, which I will protect that right with my life, and I have.

End of discussion.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

There were many self-proclaimed Messiahs that have appeared through history. Interesting that almost all were killed. But Jesus was resurrected. If you believe that, then you're a Christian. If you don't, you're entitled to your opinion, which I will protect that right with my life, and I have.

End of discussion.

Do you think that Mormons are Christians?
  • Options
    Mormons believe in the Bible and the book of Mormon, which I've read. BTW, Orthodox Churches do not all read the same bible as Catholics and Protestants, (some dispute of Revelation, which I'm also not a fan of). They all might not agree on everything, obviously, but they're all Christians.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Mormons believe in the Bible and the book of Mormon, which I've read. BTW, Orthodox Churches do not all read the same bible as Catholics and Protestants, (some dispute of Revelation, which I'm also not a fan of). They all might not agree on everything, obviously, but they're all Christians.

Sorry bud. You are alone in the universe. It is meaningless and random. Math won't even be there for your salvation. There is no salvation. You are ugly, stupid and dumpy because the ugly, stupid and dumpy whore you call momma bent over some years ago for the equally ugly, stupid and dumpy homeless guy, and the spooge that became you was doomed from thereon. The only thing about that tragic fuck fest that was not random were the two participants: ugly, stupid and dumpy tends to have to settle for ugly, stupid and dumpy.

This is why your daughter won't amount to anything, and your son needed to play football in the middle of nowhere in Montana to have even a small chance at any playing time.

"Bad" shit happens just because it does. There is no reckoning. Your ugly, stupid and dumpy kids won't be attractive, smart and athletic in the next world, because there is no next world.

You will fertilize the soil someday, and your contributions will get you to the same place that Jeffrey Dahmer occupies right now.

That's just the way it is. Find an existentialist and make friends with him. He's as close to reality as you'll ever get.

Or, keep reading fantasy novels. Your pick.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Most people would probably find they'd be happier if they believed in the possibility that they were going somewhere interesting after they die rather than just into the ground to be pooped on by deer and dogs and eventually become fertilizer for future trees.

Why do you hate wood chips????
  • Options
    So nice to know that there won't be any fucking Coogs or Sucks in my after-life.

• Options

I fucking hate religious people. Stop starting wars in my name, then pop off.

I don't remember starting a war. Fucking Roofies. Fucking Race for giving me fucking Roofies.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

You will fertilize the soil someday, and your contributions will get you to the same place that Jeffrey Dahmer occupies right now.

You've got a creepy worldview.
  • Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    I believe that when you die, you won't be alive anymore.
  • Options

Disagree on the Mormons being xian. They deny the trinity and the importance of my resurrection. Fuck them.

You know, South Park pretty much nailed it. Check out the "All About Mormons" episode. Dum dum dum dum dum

What South Park left out is that their religion was born out of a practical joke gone bad. Dad, the holy ghost and I got together to play a practical joke on Joseph Smith.

The holy ghost made himself appear to Joe (I like to call him that) as Moroni. Dad thought that adding "i" to "moron" would give it away but Joe was predictably fucking stupid enough to not notice. Anyway, the plates and all the other shit was fabricated. He even bought the "native Americans used to be white but turned red when they disbelieved" line.

The fucker plagiarized many passages in the King James bible into his book of Mormon. Interesting how he thinks he can pass off Elizibethan English as a 6th century language. Also big on the Mormon reading list is The Pearl of Great Price. Yeah guys - really fucking original.

Anyway, Mormons have been giving the 3 of us plenty of laughs since then.

And the holy underwear bit: You know, chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. One time I did, and those fuckers thought it was something sacred. Go figure...

• Options

Disagree on the Mormons being xian. They deny the trinity and the importance of my resurrection. Fuck them.

You know, South Park pretty much nailed it. Check out the "All About Mormons" episode. Dum dum dum dum dum

What South Park left out is that their religion was born out of a practical joke gone bad. Dad, the holy ghost and I got together to play a practical joke on Joseph Smith.

The holy ghost made himself appear to Joe (I like to call him that) as Moroni. Dad thought that adding "i" to "moron" would give it away but Joe was predictably fucking stupid enough to not notice. Anyway, the plates and all the other shit was fabricated. He even bought the "native Americans used to be white but turned red when they disbelieved" line.

The fucker plagiarized many passages in the King James bible into his book of Mormon. Interesting how he thinks he can pass off Elizibethan English as a 6th century language. Also big on the Mormon reading list is The Pearl of Great Price. Yeah guys - really fucking original.

And the holy underwear bit: You know, chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. One time I did, and those fuckers thought it was something sacred. Go figure...

Well, they believe that you were resurrected in Miami. Very believable because it's a law in New York that ALL JEWS MUST move to Miami eventually, or be forced to bitch about their children 24x7. (See George Costanza)

The part that I couldn't ever quite believe is that the Golden Tablets were 3-Hole Punched. That's impossible. I've worked in several offices, and the 3-Hole Punch is never around. Just sayin.
  • Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1

Well, they believe that you were resurrected in Miami. Very believable because it's a law in New York that ALL JEWS MUST move to Miami eventually, or be forced to bitch about their children 24x7. (See George Costanza)

The part that I couldn't ever quite believe is that the Golden Tablets were 3-Hole Punched. That's impossible. I've worked in several offices, and the 3-Hole Punch is never around. Just sayin.
    Golden Tate > Golden Tablets
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This shtick you got going on is awesome.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

So nice to know that there won't be any fucking Coogs or Sucks in my after-life.

You're still not getting it. Re-read reeel slow.
  • Options

You've got a creepy worldview.
    were you expecting something else?

let me know when water isn't wet.
  • Options

So I'm getting the feeling you have a thing with the Jews.

Or am I reading too much into it?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Big belly laughs in the Holy of Holys.
  • Options
    Do they have HDTVs there?

This shtick you got going on is awesome.
    You should see the shit that doesn't make it past Purple Gavel
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2014
    How do they measure how happy someone is? A survey? Religious people lie. A religious person can have a shitty job, an ugly wife, and tons of debt, but pretend they are happy because they have God. A non religious person is more likely to admit their life sucks.