Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emotionality

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

Trump did more for conservatives than anyone than Reagan. What else matters unless your a teen girl like H who needs a daddy?

Nothing has been cured. The loss means the cancer won and you know it, I know it, and the American people know it

Romney can run in 24 who the fuck cares?

No. Nothing has been cured. I think another outsider with similar policy goals, but with far greater branding and discipline might have been able to pull it off but who knows. You went to war with the guy you had.

Romney is ded. And going back to the old (pre Trump) GOP play book ain't gonna work.
    That was Reagan. How did the left and deep state deal with him? You can't get more cordial and disciplined than the Gipper. The left only knows violence and eventually it will need to be met with violence.
    Reagan was an outsider, but a 2 term Governor of the most important state in the Union. Whether the establishment sucks or not, you still need them to govern. Reagan's economic achievements (ending stagflation) and and foreign policy ones dwarf anything that has come after.

What the country needs is some of the Trump policy instincts (e.g., confront China, fix immigration, no more national building, etc) but with Reagan's political gifts. This shouldn't be that hard. Trump wins w/o Covid, so it's not like there isn't a winning formula to beat the left.
    yeah -but The Throbber doesn't want to run for office....

Too much pussy grabbing. We need to clean things up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    hardhat said:

LebamDawg said:

good intentions is all either party has going for them right now.

They are both dead imho, I will go back to voting libertarian party in hopes that more will follow. I would love to see them slash the spending, pull the troops back, and let all the rest of the world duke it out without us.

But if you are a libertarian, you’ll die of covid. Just what I’m hearing.
    I might vote that way but not sure wtf I am, politically fluid

me and Bobby Brown
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This does not deserve own thread, but I'm feeling philosophical and loquacious.

A good 81% of the country is completely possessed by either a slavish love or hate for Trump. The emotionality around Obama was pretty bad, but this is worse, in my opinion.

Blind love or hate as it turns out keeps one from seeing the full picture. It messes with your head, pushing out rationality.

Everyone, detach a little bit. Having this emotional investment in a politician (yes, he's been president for 4 years, he's a politician now) is not healthy.

It's good to be inspired by a politician, although I question that now too. But politics and governance should be largely kept in the realm of the rational.

All those who've claimed to be the moral betters of MAGTARDS for four years, now is the time to show it. Be better people. Stop the cycles.

My naive hope is that we can move on from that post-Trump. However, I see no signs of that.

TL,DR: Clean it up out here guysm.

I don't love Trump. But I supported what he was doing policy wise and the Rats offered me no credible alternative. Your premise is flawed from the outset.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LebamDawg said:

They are both dead imho, I will go back to voting libertarian party in hopes that more will follow. I would love to see them slash the spending, pull the troops back, and let all the rest of the world duke it out without us.

I can get behind this. I never loathed Trump and I wasn’t wild on Biden. The centrist votes their conscience.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

I can get behind this. I never loathed Trump and I wasn’t wild on Biden. The "centrist" votes their conscience feelz.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I’m a product of the 80s and find talking about “emotionality” on a message bored with mostly guys faggy.

I don’t worship Trump, but I do loathe the DC power structure and how blatantly biased it’s been against Trump because he tried to call out their corruption.

The DC elites won. They cheated in Atlanta/Milwaukee/Detroit/Philadelphia, but they won because that’s how corrupt the Left is right now along with the GOP old guard.

Get ready for even more restrictions on freedom.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,836
    We face serious danger in Biden. Security risk, bought by foreign governments and a gun grabber. The left needs to hope they can somehow explain the obvious and serious abnormalities in the election or this will NEVER be over. People who feel they've been cheated don't forget and forgive easily. Our country will be over if the left gets both houses. Done, finished. They'll legalize 25-40 million illegals and open the borders. Joe's promised gun confiscation.

People better hope they don't do this shit because the cheated side is the most heavily armed populace the earth has ever known. It very well could get ugly.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

We face serious danger in Biden. Security risk, bought by foreign governments and a gun grabber. The left needs to hope they can somehow explain the obvious and serious abnormalities in the election or this will NEVER be over. People who feel they've been cheated don't forget and forgive easily. Our country will be over if the left gets both houses. Done, finished. They'll legalize 25-40 million illegals and open the borders. Joe's promised gun confiscation.

People better hope they don't do this shit because the cheated side is the most heavily armed populace the earth has ever known. It very well could get ugly.

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,334
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

RoadTrip said:

Trump did more for conservatives than anyone than Reagan. What else matters unless your a teen girl like H who needs a daddy?

Nothing has been cured. The loss means the cancer won and you know it, I know it, and the American people know it

No. Nothing has been cured. I think another outsider with similar policy goals, but with far greater branding and discipline might have been able to pull it off but who knows. You went to war with the guy you had.

Romney is ded. And going back to the old (pre Trump) GOP play book ain't gonna work.
    That was Reagan. How did the left and deep state deal with him? You can't get more cordial and disciplined than the Gipper. The left only knows violence and eventually it will need to be met with violence.
    Reagan was an outsider, but a 2 term Governor of the most important state in the Union. Whether the establishment sucks or not, you still need them to govern. Reagan's economic achievements (ending stagflation) and and foreign policy ones dwarf anything that has come after.

What the country needs is some of the Trump policy instincts (e.g., confront China, fix immigration, no more national building, etc) but with Reagan's political gifts. This shouldn't be that hard. Trump wins w/o Covid, so it's not like there isn't a winning formula to beat the left.

Too much swimming naked in front of female secret service.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

Who doesn't wanna swim naked in front of some female secret service?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    More than anything, Trump exposed Authoritarians like H as the spineless intellectual midgets they are. These are the overwhelmingly leftist momma's boy brats whom throw tantrums, break things or go nark to mommy or the teacher when they don't get their way.

These are the wimpy types who obsess over pronouns, which Trump laughed about and guess what? Nobody died, even though Trump apparently "denied them their existence."

And they only attack in groups, fight like girls and deserve the KO's they suffer at the hands of working Joe's, daily.

It may be over now, but the 4 years of every asshole in DC vs Trump has been the most memorable ringside seat I recall of any presidency in my lifetime.
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

RoadTrip said:

Who doesn't wanna swim naked in front of some female secret service?
    Uh, they have guns and are adept at hitting small targets.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,836
    I like what trump has done for America and the world. His personality is grating. Results matter.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

RoadTrip said:

But we would enjoy watching your extortion tapes.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,872
    doogie said:

RoadTrip said:

But we would enjoy watching your extortion tapes.
    I'd market them for profit first.

#bidnessman