Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emotionality

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
This does not deserve own thread, but I'm feeling philosophical and loquacious.

A good 81% of the country is completely possessed by either a slavish love or hate for Trump. The emotionality around Obama was pretty bad, but this is worse, in my opinion.

Blind love or hate as it turns out keeps one from seeing the full picture. It messes with your head, pushing out rationality.

Everyone, detach a little bit. Having this emotional investment in a politician (yes, he's been president for 4 years, he's a politician now) is not healthy.

It's good to be inspired by a politician, although I question that now too. But politics and governance should be largely kept in the realm of the rational.

All those who've claimed to be the moral betters of MAGTARDS for four years, now is the time to show it. Be better people. Stop the cycles.

My naive hope is that we can move on from that post-Trump. However, I see no signs of that.

TL,DR: Clean it up out here guysm.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lin Wood has wrote a lot of checks this week
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Can’t wait to see the final 24 GOP candidates take the debate stage to kickoff 2024 primary season
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Trump did more for conservatives than anyone than Reagan. What else matters unless your a teen girl like H who needs a daddy?

Nothing has been cured. The loss means the cancer won and you know it, I know it, and the American people know it

Romney can run in 24 who the fuck cares?

No. Nothing has been cured. I think another outsider with similar policy goals, but with far greater branding and discipline might have been able to pull it off but who knows. You went to war with the guy you had.

Romney is ded. And going back to the old (pre Trump) GOP play book ain't gonna work.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Trump did more for conservatives than anyone than Reagan. What else matters unless your a teen girl like H who needs a daddy?

Nothing has been cured. The loss means the cancer won and you know it, I know it, and the American people know it

No. Nothing has been cured. I think another outsider with similar policy goals, but with far greater branding and discipline might have been able to pull it off but who knows. You went to war with the guy you had.

Romney is ded. And going back to the old (pre Trump) GOP play book ain't gonna work.
    That was Reagan. How did the left and deep state deal with him? You can't get more cordial and disciplined than the Gipper. The left only knows violence and eventually it will need to be met with violence.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

That was Reagan. How did the left and deep state deal with him? You can't get more cordial and disciplined than the Gipper. The left only knows violence and eventually it will need to be met with violence.
    Reagan was an outsider, but a 2 term Governor of the most important state in the Union. Whether the establishment sucks or not, you still need them to govern. Reagan's economic achievements (ending stagflation) and and foreign policy ones dwarf anything that has come after.

What the country needs is some of the Trump policy instincts (e.g., confront China, fix immigration, no more national building, etc) but with Reagan's political gifts. This shouldn't be that hard. Trump wins w/o Covid, so it's not like there isn't a winning formula to beat the left.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

RoadTrip said:

Reagan was an outsider, but a 2 term Governor of the most important state in the Union. Whether the establishment sucks or not, you still need them to govern. Reagan's economic achievements (ending stagflation) and and foreign policy ones dwarf anything that has come after.

What the country needs is some of the Trump policy instincts (e.g., confront China, fix immigration, no more national building, etc) but with Reagan's political gifts. This shouldn't be that hard. Trump wins w/o Covid, so it's not like there isn't a winning formula to beat the left.
    yeah -but The Throbber doesn't want to run for office....