Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Controlled study from Denmark; masks don’t work

Comments

• HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953

Limitation:
    Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others.

Conclusion:
    The recommendation to wear surgical masks to supplement other public health measures did not reduce the SARS-CoV-2 infection rate among wearers by more than 50% in a community with modest infection rates, some degree of social distancing, and uncommon general mask use. The data were compatible with lesser degrees of self-protection.

Takeaway seems to be that wearing a mask in an environment where other people are not wearing masks only gives you a statistically insignificant reduction in transmission risk. I think that more or less gels with the conventional wisdom circulating - wearing a mask doesn't do much to protect yourself, but they are a lot more effective in preventing you from spreading the disease to someone else. Obviously the study didn't explore the latter.

So, who is out coughing in public? I go everywhere, gyms, restaurants and bars and shopping almost every day. I don't hear anyone coughing or sneezing. If I did, I'd get away from them. If masks worked, then we would have the chicom crud beat. What we do know is if you don't have a job then housing and food are a real problem. The hypocrisy of public school teachers saying they are afraid to teach and being rewarded by dems who are owned by the teachers unions but then going out to shop and eat at restaurants is staggering.
    I assume you have no children.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Limitation:
    Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others.

Conclusion:
    The recommendation to wear surgical masks to supplement other public health measures did not reduce the SARS-CoV-2 infection rate among wearers by more than 50% in a community with modest infection rates, some degree of social distancing, and uncommon general mask use. The data were compatible with lesser degrees of self-protection.

Takeaway seems to be that wearing a mask in an environment where other people are not wearing masks only gives you a statistically insignificant reduction in transmission risk. I think that more or less gels with the conventional wisdom circulating - wearing a mask doesn't do much to protect yourself, but they are a lot more effective in preventing you from spreading the disease to someone else. Obviously the study didn't explore the latter.

So, who is out coughing in public? I go everywhere, gyms, restaurants and bars and shopping almost every day. I don't hear anyone coughing or sneezing. If I did, I'd get away from them. If masks worked, then we would have the chicom crud beat. What we do know is if you don't have a job then housing and food are a real problem. The hypocrisy of public school teachers saying they are afraid to teach and being rewarded by dems who are owned by the teachers unions but then going out to shop and eat at restaurants is staggering.
    His post has nothing to do with children and everything to do with teachers being fully paid to do nothing other than grade homework. The only children you know are those you stalk on Twitter, Dildo Baggins.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter

Limitation:

Conclusion:

I have two. Here is a thought. If they have a cough don't send them to school. Schools could easily make it clear that coughs and fevers won't be tolerated. I've had my temperature checked at several retail outlets. Not hard for the schools to set up a temp station.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Kids never got sick at school before
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,537 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020

Kids don't die of COVID either.

Kids die from suicide attributable to anxiety and depression.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958

That disappointing part of that isn't the mask part, but the social distancing part. There is at least an implication that social distancing works.

If I had my druthers, I'd rather they conclude masks work and social distancing doesn't matter. Much easier.

I'm the opposite. I hate wearing a mask and people

We dropped Christmas when the kids grew up and our niece flew the coup. Thanksgiving is a distant memory unless the son comes down which he can't this year but still

But I am tempted to go out and find 20 people off the street for Thanksgiving this year
    I'm thinking moar about the economy and your bidness taking back off. People can wear masks and argue about it until the cows come home as long as the economis keeps rolling. But social distancing is the bitch in all this and is what's hurting small and large bidness alike.

I honestly don't know what is keeping this stock market going; but I'm tempted to liquidate to cash here pretty soon. I know, great board choice as always.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,203 Swaye's Wigwam

That disappointing part of that isn't the mask part, but the social distancing part. There is at least an implication that social distancing works.

If I had my druthers, I'd rather they conclude masks work and social distancing doesn't matter. Much easier.

I'm the opposite. I hate wearing a mask and people

We dropped Christmas when the kids grew up and our niece flew the coup. Thanksgiving is a distant memory unless the son comes down which he can't this year but still

But I am tempted to go out and find 20 people off the street for Thanksgiving this year
    I'm thinking moar about the economy and your bidness taking back off. People can wear masks and argue about it until the cows come home as long as the economis keeps rolling. But social distancing is the bitch in all this and is what's hurting small and large bidness alike.

I honestly don't know what is keeping this stock market going; but I'm tempted to liquidate to cash here pretty soon. I know, great board choice as always.
    Hope of gridlock in the short term.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I see the haters of liberty have swarmed in to tell how this study is flawed and to trust Inslee, Newsome and Brown, the triumvirate of all that is science.

Full disclosure masks don't bother me much at all, and I wear them anytim a business posts it, without complaint. It's the lockdowns and business restrictions that I am mostly carping about. In fact, if masks and masks mandates work so well, then why do we even need lockdowns? Dissonant positions but what do I know? I'm a dumb minority.

And you're high risk for infection

Too soon?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I see the haters of liberty have swarmed in to tell how this study is flawed and to trust Inslee, Newsome and Brown, the triumvirate of all that is science.

Full disclosure masks don't bother me much at all, and I wear them anytim a business posts it, without complaint. It's the lockdowns and business restrictions that I am mostly carping about. In fact, if masks and masks mandates work so well, then why do we even need lockdowns? Dissonant positions but what do I know? I'm a dumb minority.

And you're high risk for infection

Too soon?
    First the smallpox came for my people, and I said nothing....
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

Kids don't die of COVID either.

Kids die from suicide attributable to anxiety and depression.

zero people under the again of 17 have died of COVID in California. ZERO!!!!
    Latest update from Oregon. No deaths under age 20. 1 death under 30. Almost 75% of deaths are 70 and over.

edited November 2020
    Toss is the intentional ignoring of the economic and social impacts of the lockdowns and the attempt of the American leftards to blame Trump rather than the chicoms.

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/top-pathologist-claims-covid-19-greatest-hoax-ever-perpetrated-unsuspecting-public

Top Pathologist Claims COVID-19 Is "The Greatest Hoax Ever Perpetrated On An Unsuspecting Public"

Top pathologist Dr. Roger Hodkinson told government officials in Alberta during a zoom conference call that the current coronavirus crisis is “the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting public.”

Noting that he was also an expert in virology, Hodkinson pointed out that his role as CEO of a biotech company that manufactures COVID tests means, “I might know a little bit about all this.”

“There is utterly unfounded public hysteria driven by the media and politicians, it’s outrageous, this is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting public,” said Hodkinson.

The doctor said that nothing could be done to stop the spread of the virus besides protecting older more vulnerable people and that the whole situation represented “politics playing medicine, and that’s a very dangerous game.”

Hodkinson remarked that “social distancing is useless because COVID is spread by aerosols which travel 30 meters or so before landing,” as he called for society to be re-opened immediately to prevent the debilitating damage being caused by lockdowns.

Hodkinson also slammed mandatory mask mandates as completely pointless.

Masks are utterly useless. There is no evidence base for their effectiveness whatsoever,” he said.

“Paper masks and fabric masks are simply virtue signalling. They’re not even worn effectively most of the time. It’s utterly ridiculous. Seeing these unfortunate, uneducated people – I’m not saying that in a pejorative sense – seeing these people walking around like lemmings obeying without any knowledge base to put the mask on their face.”

The doctor also slammed the unreliability of PCR tests, noting that “positive test results do not, underlined in neon, mean a clinical infection,” and that all testing should stop because the false numbers are “driving public hysteria.”

Hodkinson said that the risk of death in the province of Alberta for people under the age of 65 was “one in three hundred thousand,” and that it was simply “outrageous” to shut down society for what the doctor said “was just another bad flu.”

“I’m absolutely outraged that this has reached this level, it should all stop tomorrow,” concluded Dr. Hodkinson.

Hodkinson’s credentials are beyond question, with the MedMalDoctors website affirming his credibility.

“He received his general medical degrees from Cambridge University in the UK (M.A., M.B., B. Chir.) where he was a scholar at Corpus Christi College. Following a residency at the University of British Columbia he became a Royal College certified general pathologist (FRCPC) and also a Fellow of the College of American Pathologists (FCAP).”

“He is in good Standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, and has been recognized by the Court of Queen’s Bench in Alberta as an expert in pathology.”
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024

Toss is the intentional ignoring of the economic and social impacts of the lockdowns and the attempt of the American leftards to blame Trump rather than the chicoms.

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/top-pathologist-claims-covid-19-greatest-hoax-ever-perpetrated-unsuspecting-public

Top Pathologist Claims COVID-19 Is "The Greatest Hoax Ever Perpetrated On An Unsuspecting Public"

Top pathologist Dr. Roger Hodkinson told government officials in Alberta during a zoom conference call that the current coronavirus crisis is “the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting public.”

Noting that he was also an expert in virology, Hodkinson pointed out that his role as CEO of a biotech company that manufactures COVID tests means, “I might know a little bit about all this.”

“There is utterly unfounded public hysteria driven by the media and politicians, it’s outrageous, this is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting public,” said Hodkinson.

The doctor said that nothing could be done to stop the spread of the virus besides protecting older more vulnerable people and that the whole situation represented “politics playing medicine, and that’s a very dangerous game.”

Hodkinson remarked that “social distancing is useless because COVID is spread by aerosols which travel 30 meters or so before landing,” as he called for society to be re-opened immediately to prevent the debilitating damage being caused by lockdowns.

Hodkinson also slammed mandatory mask mandates as completely pointless.

Masks are utterly useless. There is no evidence base for their effectiveness whatsoever,” he said.

“Paper masks and fabric masks are simply virtue signalling. They’re not even worn effectively most of the time. It’s utterly ridiculous. Seeing these unfortunate, uneducated people – I’m not saying that in a pejorative sense – seeing these people walking around like lemmings obeying without any knowledge base to put the mask on their face.”

The doctor also slammed the unreliability of PCR tests, noting that “positive test results do not, underlined in neon, mean a clinical infection,” and that all testing should stop because the false numbers are “driving public hysteria.”

Hodkinson said that the risk of death in the province of Alberta for people under the age of 65 was “one in three hundred thousand,” and that it was simply “outrageous” to shut down society for what the doctor said “was just another bad flu.”

“I’m absolutely outraged that this has reached this level, it should all stop tomorrow,” concluded Dr. Hodkinson.

Hodkinson’s credentials are beyond question, with the MedMalDoctors website affirming his credibility.

“He received his general medical degrees from Cambridge University in the UK (M.A., M.B., B. Chir.) where he was a scholar at Corpus Christi College. Following a residency at the University of British Columbia he became a Royal College certified general pathologist (FRCPC) and also a Fellow of the College of American Pathologists (FCAP).”

“He is in good Standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, and has been recognized by the Court of Queen’s Bench in Alberta as an expert in pathology.”

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,100 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020

Good point! But this is about coup 3 or 4 or 5? I lost count.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Good point! But this is about coup 3 or 4 or 5? I lost count.
    They would believe them if the statement read "a consensus of doctors and scientists"

Have to use the correct buzz words
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Never thought I’d see people actively cheering for a pandemic to be more deadly than it is, yet that’s how insane the Left has become. The governors don’t even adhere to their own mandates, yet cultists like @HHusky and @BearsWiin excuse the obvious hypocrisy.

Ghoulish
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

Limitation:

Conclusion:

His post has nothing to do with children and everything to do with teachers being fully paid to do nothing other than grade homework. The only children you know are those you stalk on Twitter, Dildo Baggins.
    He knows the children of that single mother on welfare that he was banging.