Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The O line

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,654 Founders Club
was on the way to redeeming themselves until the 4th quarter

Can't get a push when you HAVE to.
Still

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,553 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah that was the primary criticism of the team last night.

If you're going to run 50+ times I expect at least one drive like the end of the 2018 apple cup.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,802 Founders Club
    Would it kill us to run a toss sweep on occasion? Ale looked good pulling around the edge. I used to rub it out to the old Billy Joe, fake toss, pass up the seam to Bruener. I love a power running game as much as the next guy but JonDong needs to mix up how he attacks the LOS with his runs. Whatever. What do I know, I gotta get ready to stack some cans at 25% capacity come Tuesday! It's science!
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

Would it kill us to run a toss sweep on occasion? Ale looked good pulling around the edge. I used to rub it out to the old Billy Joe, fake toss, pass up the seam to Bruener. I love a power running game as much as the next guy but JonDong needs to mix up how he attacks the LOS with his runs. Whatever. What do I know, I gotta get ready to stack some cans at 25% capacity come Tuesday! It's science!

They ran two toss sweeps. CENTER held on one and got it called back.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

was on the way to redeeming themselves until the 4th quarter

Can't get a push when you HAVE to.
    Still

You could be right. We also played the wrong tailback the majority of the 4th quarter so who knows? The fact that we did it against the beavs tells me you are right though.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Bain and Curne are amazing.

Ale is getting there.

Kirkland and Wattenberg suck
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,720
    Having and offense that doesn't confuse the fuck out of the OL is a good place to start. Let the big men eat, and I like Davis, Pleasant, and McGrew.

We have the best talent in the Pac, so we should try to physically dominate with our talent. It starts at the OL.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,720

Having and offense that doesn't confuse the fuck out of the OL is a good place to start. Let the big men eat, and I like Davis, Pleasant, and McGrew.

We have the best talent in the Pac, so we should try to physically dominate with our talent. It starts at the OL.

I keep hearing this.
    Look at it this way.

We play Arizona, WSU, Stanford, and finish with Oregon.

We are physically superior all those teams except maybe Oregon.

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,526 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020
    Jaxon Kirkland might be your? best OL.

dtd said:

Jaxon Kirkland might be your? best OL.

Lol fuck no
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

You don't set the OL up for success when you line up in tight formations under center and have presented no vertical passing threat.

To run the ball as well as they did with no way to make the Beavs pay for 8 in the box was impressive.

Donovan has no clue how to maximize the talent at his disposal.

I'm going to channel my inner Race and come back with agree on the first two sentences and big question mark on the third. It's always the head coach. The buck stops there.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

You don't set the OL up for success when you line up in tight formations under center and have presented no vertical passing threat.

To run the ball as well as they did with no way to make the Beavs pay for 8 in the box was impressive.

Donovan has no clue how to maximize the talent at his disposal.

I'm going to channel my inner Race and come back with agree on the first two sentences and big question mark on the third. It's always the head coach. The buck stops there.
    Donovan having no clue is an indictment on Jim Lake

Ale is getting there.

You keep stacking the bad takes like cordwood.
    He’s not good enough for where we want to be.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Ale is getting there.

Then none of them are
    dnc said:

Ale is getting there.

Then none of them are
    Curne’s looked much better than Jaxson lol.